Thoughts about Ba'als host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts about Ba'als host

This is my first post so first of all I want to say Hi to the forum. Also sorry if this has already been posted.

I watched Continuum again last night and it got me thinking about what happened to Ba'als host after the extraction. Now the obvious thought I had was that he would have died shortly after because of the length of time Ba'al had been using him as host.

If that wasn't the case though and he survived then what do you think would have happened to him, I have a couple of ideas of my own.

First would be that he would have been given refuge at the SGC or one of their off world bases. We know that some memories are left behind in the host. So when Ba'al and his clones got all the data from the SGC in season 10 (I think, might have been 9) he would be a security risk for the SGC, so how could they let him go free with all the stuff he potentially knows.

My Second theory is that the Tok'ra could have implanted him with one of their own symbiote (obviously if they had one). I think this would kind of get past the fact that the host was too old to survive on his own.

Those are my thoughts would love to hear others from you guys.

I'm not sure about them blending him with another Tok'ra. Unless Ba'al's host was a willing one or would be willing to take on a Tok'ra symbiote I don't see them necessarily forcing him to take one. For some reason they seemed (in Ba'al's case) to have turned around on the whole rapid aging of the host theory when they removed Ba'al from his host. I'd like to think that he was able to start a new life somewhere on a world controlled by or aligned with the Tok'ra since at the end of Continuum they would have little reason (and the Tok'ra just seemed that much more honorable) to keep Ba'al's host prisoner or force him to stay since most of the heavy hitting Gao'ulds were "taken out."

Comment

There's a chance that he could have survived, as he was a clone and only a few years old. However having the memory of being trapped inside his body of 2000 years will have probably driven him to insanity.
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Being a clone, I don't think rapid aging will be an issue. As for insanity, perhaps that's why Vala stayed behind?

Comment

I'm not sure if him being a clone means he wouldn't be subject to rapid aging because if you look at all the cloned animals that have been created by scientists they all die rather prematurely since they're made of old DNA.

To be honest I don't know why the Tok'ra even bother to extract the symbiote; I guess it's more ceremonial and to show their superiority by being able to throw the symbiote to the floor (very anti-climactic if you ask me) and not killing the host. But we saw how Sam was affected by Jolinar, which was only a few days and even Vala seemed traumatized by being taken as Qetesh's host. It would probably be more humane to put the host out of his misery as well if they've been infested for centuries/milennia (or have the memory of it for the clones).
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            I'm not sure if him being a clone means he wouldn't be subject to rapid aging because if you look at all the cloned animals that have been created by scientists they all die rather prematurely since they're made of old DNA.
            I think it's safe to presume that aliens such as the Asgard and Goa'uld have solved this cloning problem.

Originally posted by fems View Post
            To be honest I don't know why the Tok'ra even bother to extract the symbiote; I guess it's more ceremonial and to show their superiority by being able to throw the symbiote to the floor (very anti-climactic if you ask me) and not killing the host. But we saw how Sam was affected by Jolinar, which was only a few days and even Vala seemed traumatized by being taken as Qetesh's host. It would probably be more humane to put the host out of his misery as well if they've been infested for centuries/milennia (or have the memory of it for the clones).
            If there's a chance the host can gather his marbles and live free of the Goa'uld parasite, then the Tok'ra have a duty to extract it. As for the extraction itself, I thought it was a bit too theatrical. First off, why is he standing up instead of strapped down to a bed? Second, why is there a needle pushed through his forehead? How is it going to get past his skull? How does a Goa'uld get sucked up by a needle? Wasn't the Goa'uld beamed into the canister? Why bother with the needle?

Comment

Originally posted by Reseph(Shed) View Post
              I'm not sure about them blending him with another Tok'ra. Unless Ba'al's host was a willing one or would be willing to take on a Tok'ra symbiote I don't see them necessarily forcing him to take one. For some reason they seemed (in Ba'al's case) to have turned around on the whole rapid aging of the host theory when they removed Ba'al from his host. I'd like to think that he was able to start a new life somewhere on a world controlled by or aligned with the Tok'ra since at the end of Continuum they would have little reason (and the Tok'ra just seemed that much more honorable) to keep Ba'al's host prisoner or force him to stay since most of the heavy hitting Gao'ulds were "taken out."
              yeah i might have worded that poorly i was making the assumption that Ba'als host would be willing to take on a Tok'ra

Comment

Originally posted by SGC_SteJo View Post
                yeah i might have worded that poorly i was making the assumption that Ba'als host would be willing to take on a Tok'ra
                I don't think it would be safe for him to become a Tok'ra. I can't imagine Ba'al's host wondering around the universe with his eyes glowing and telling people that he is not Ba'al.

Comment

The whole rapid aging was a process of the torture by Sokar on Apophis, at least that's what I thought, since we never saw anything like it again. I think Apophis was badly damaged, which showed through as aging in the host.

With Ba'al, he wasn't suffering or being tortured, just removed. So I don't expect rapid aging to occur, only if he was unjoined for a long time, he would then age normally, since there was nothing to stop it.

Comment

The rapid aging was specifically stated as being a result from not having access to a sarcophagus. Later episodes abandoned this concept. It had nothing to do with torture.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                      The rapid aging was specifically stated as being a result from not having access to a sarcophagus. Later episodes abandoned this concept. It had nothing to do with torture.
                      That's what I was thinking. In the episode when Apophis came to earth, and didn't have the sarcophagus, he aged rapidly. I doubt Ba'al's host would last too long after the symbiote was removed. Besides, I can't imagine that there would be much left of the host's original mind after being used by Ba'al for so long. Perhaps someone with an extremely strong personality could last...
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X