No announcement yet.

Beginning my own watch of this show...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried and failed to get my father into the show. But at least my girlfriend likes it...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
      Tried and failed to get my father into the show. But at least my girlfriend likes it...
      I've missed TV. Beyond Supernatural and Fringe, I thought television was dead, but last year wasn't a fluke, and this series is going to be awesome, sadly though, Ive had the books for years and they're still too boring to read, it's like lord of the rings; the image is more fun than the literature.

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
        I've missed TV. Beyond Supernatural and Fringe, I thought television was dead, but last year wasn't a fluke, and this series is going to be awesome, sadly though, Ive had the books for years and they're still too boring to read, it's like lord of the rings; the image is more fun than the literature.
        Indeed. But I bought the first two books to read today. I plan on completing them after the end of season 2, when I have more time.
        sigpic

Comment

Indeed. But I bought the first two books to read today. I plan on completing them after the end of season 2, when I have more time.
          Truth be told, after seeing the hurt in Tyrion Lannister's eyes after Cersei's jab, I suddenly found a character I could empathize with and focus on. Perhaps, I'll give the books another try, but the only sad truth about the books, there isn't an Aremca to be found; hohum.

Comment

I have a question: Reading the first book it is becoming more and more clear just how much Catelyn despises Jon.

Does she really feel nothing for him at all?

(if something happens to Jon in later books and she shows some emotion, don't tell me. I don't want to be spoiled.)
            sigpic

Comment

I have a question: Reading the first book it is becoming more and more clear just how much Catelyn despises Jon.

Does she really feel nothing for him at all?

(if something happens to Jon in later books and she shows some emotion, don't tell me. I don't want to be spoiled.)
              I think she despises what he represents. It is not uncommon for lords to father bastard children, but usually they will never be recognized in the way Jon is, which is viewed as blemish on the house. He's basically recognized as Eddard's son though everyone knows he's a bastard and he has almost the same privileges as the other Stark children. It is also a constant reminder of Eddard's infidelity to her.

This is one of the reasons I don't like Catelyn though. She's holding a grudge for all this time against Jon, when instead it should be directed at Eddard. Its not like he has given her any reason for all the hate. He grew up to be a decent and honest member of the family.
              sigpic

Comment

That is what I have been feeling as well.

And it's not really fair. And when I read the part that said "It should have been you" when they were in Bran's room I nearly threw the book.
                sigpic

Comment

I really, really disliked book Catelyn(she doesn't seem as nasty on the show), her treatment of Jon, and some of the things she said to Arya really caused me to dislike the character from the start.
                  sigpic

Comment

i started with season one a few days ago and i have watched the first two episodes of season 2. i really like game of thrones. dire wolves and the nights watch and dragons. so much to love with this show. peter dinklage is so funny in this show. im looking forward to someone kicking joffreys ###. and of course jason monoa as khal drogo is awsome.

Comment

Working...
                    X