Replicators: Yay or Nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators: Yay or Nay?

Did you like the addition of the replicators, or would you have rather it focused entirely on the Ori?

i liked the replicators but i felt the movie should have focused more on finishing up the ori storyline which ended up being rushed imo. i especially think after season ten had built up how important adria was she should have had more screentime in the film.
    sigpic
    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Damn, post got chomped.

I think it's good to see the IOA has a backbone.
      The replicators may have distracted from the Ori, but I think it would have been more awkward for the rest of the cast to be in Celestis.
      Last edited by Inquisitor; 06 January 2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
        i especially think after season ten had built up how important adria was she should have had more screentime in the film.
        During the two-week shoot, Morena Baccarin (Adria) was only available for one day. It was what we got or nothing, so they went with the small role. I think her limited role in the movie is likely what lead to the Replicators having such a large role.

Comment

I liked the Replicators just fine in SG-1, even the human-shaped ones. The Asurans felt like the same thing warmed up again in SGA and by RepliWeir I was heartily sick of the entire concept. Much as I love TAoT, I literally groaned when I saw the replicators in the movie.
          sigpic

Comment

it felt like a massive waste.

i'd prefer if the Replicators began to overtake Ori ships. but alas, we got IMO a waste of time

Comment

I liked them at first, especially season five, in the beginning, later on they just got dull and boring... So guys, you really overdone yourselfs with the replicators and I yayed that they not used them in SG:U
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                During the two-week shoot, Morena Baccarin (Adria) was only available for one day. It was what we got or nothing, so they went with the small role. I think her limited role in the movie is likely what lead to the Replicators having such a large role.
                Good grief, one day? *headdesk* What a shame, the Ori/Adria needed to be the main focus, but as you rightly point out, there wasn't much they could do about it. Although.....if they had time to tweak the storyline, one would think they had time to juggle the shooting schedules. Apparently not
                sigpic

Comment

Did you like the addition of the replicators, or would you have rather it focused entirely on the Ori?
                  i liked the replicators in the film but it would have been better to have more of the Ori since the film is about killing them and all
                  sigpic
                  Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

It wasn't about defeating the Ori as they'd already been defeated back in "The Shroud." It was more about stopping Adria and the crusaders who were completely unaware that the Ori had been reduced to one, single individual.

Comment

It wasn't about defeating the Ori as they'd already been defeated back in "The Shroud." It was more about stopping Adria and the crusaders who were completely unaware that the Ori had been reduced to one, single individual.
                      but SG-1 did jot know for sure that the ori had been defeated and when i say Ori i mean the general enemy -ori, priors, crusaders so on-
                      sigpic

Comment

When I said Ori, I wasn't including Priors and Crusaders. Ba'al said that SG-1 had succeeded in defeating the Ori in "Dominion" when he possessed Adria. We got confirmation in the movie when Adria told Vala that she had taken on the full power of the Ori.

Comment

Snowman listen cause im not saying this again you win
                          sigpic

Comment

The replicators were a fine addition, and a scary one because they would have overwhelmed even the Ori's followers.

Its like fighting a bacterial infection with a virus.....its pretty darn risky.

Comment

Originally posted by johnsmith9875 View Post
                              The replicators were a fine addition, and a scary one because they would have overwhelmed even the Ori's followers.
                              the Ori's followers weren't advanced enough for the Replicators to worry about
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X