Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose it was to be expected that she wouldn't have quite such a large role this season. Like you Ever I'm just pleased to see her whatever we get. I've love her to be a bit like the Brigadier, turning up every now and again for years to come.

Comment

First time using a spoiler Regarding Cal and purely speculation.
      Spoiler:

Been re-watching S4 and just saw Silence in the library and Forest of the Death, River is in the Cal DB System, but in the first Ep of the 2 parter kind of indicate she has seen the 10th before and in such a way that a later version of the 10th has seen her as well?! Does make you wonder for future events I do suspect he does try to re materialize a new body for her? How and what? is kind of the big question!?

Time will tell and the question is willl Tennant retake his part as the Doctor?!
      Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

I don't see Tennant reprising The Doctor. But the non surprise River shows is great fodder for fics. I've read several.

Of course, I could just be blowing smoke about the whole David Tennant thing. They did do that "Time Crash" thingy a few years ago for charity.
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I've been reading various articles in which DT says

Spoiler:
          he would be happy to come back for a 50th Anniversary multiple Doctor story. He says he still has all his suits & can whisk them out if necessary.

From what I've read the Doctors who would definitely come back for a 50th special are
          Spoiler:
          David Tennant, Paul McGann, Sylvester McCoy, Peter Davison & Tom Baker. Colin Baker said he would like to have a look at a script before saying anything. There has even been a tiny, tiny hint that Chris Eccleston might come back. He said recently that there was a lot more he could do with his Doctor

If River was getting excited at the thought of two Doctors, imagine what she would be like with several.

Comment

Sounds like it'll be a cool 50th anniversary special. Looking forward to it.

I'm not sure I want to know what River wold say about all those Doctors in one place.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              Would the Doctor view River's death as one of those things that must happen or one of the things that could change? I mean, maybe Eleven was waiting in the wings to save River then.

Maybe?
              I am soooo late to the party, maybe too late to join in, but I didn't know there was a thread for this and now that I do I couldn't resist, especially after seeing all the great comments you guys have made about River and Eleven I'm a new DW convertee but I've seen all of season 1 to 6 twice already plus spent way too long trying to nut out the Eleven/River backwards forwards thing. Ever, I think the 11th Doctor would want to save River and I don't think putting her inside that make believe world would be good enough. I am also hopeful we will see more shippiness to fill in the blanks that still exist. Eg their getting married for real. I can't see how the one on the pyramic counts because that's an aborted time line that doesn't exist and she didn't get his name but she does know it by the time she goes to the Library. Does it give any one else a headache trying to work out what happened when for these two? It's a good headache though, if such a thing exists. In the end I just had to try to answer all my own questions in a fanfic - yes, shameless plug - if anyone wants to read it, here's a link.
              Last edited by ShaViva; 01 September 2012, 07:49 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Trying to figure out the timeline for Doctor/River gives me a headache every time. I'll be watching later, but I was under the impression they were married at the end of Wedding of River Song. River and Amy are certainly talking like they are.

Plus, some of the previews they're showing for the new season are sayins that they're married. Don't know if it's recent or not.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  Trying to figure out the timeline for Doctor/River gives me a headache every time. I'll be watching later, but I was under the impression they were married at the end of Wedding of River Song. River and Amy are certainly talking like they are.

Plus, some of the previews they're showing for the new season are sayins that they're married. Don't know if it's recent or not.
                  Do you mean in the scene at the very end, after they've fixed time and River is telling Amy the Doctor isn't dead? I figure, since that was post Byzantium River (the Library being the only other later event for her that we know about), there could have been lots of River/Eleven meetings for her that haven't been mentioned in any way. They could easily have been married then .... I made a spreadsheet when I first tried to work out what might have happened in what order for each of them .... it's pretty sad really LOL! That GIF posted early on in this thread showing their timeline as a big scribbly mess is very accurate!

sigpic

Comment

Welcome Sha!!!

I'm hoping that something during S7 will clarify exactly where and when they got married too. I have the same idea that they marry again with River being told the Doctor's name during that ceremony.

Look what I just found on Youtube! This is a prequel made for itunes in the US & certainly made me squee a little. The Doctor says he is married (0.40)

Comment

Doesn't River show up in episode five? I wonder who the Doctor considers himself married to.
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
                        Do you mean in the scene at the very end, after they've fixed time and River is telling Amy the Doctor isn't dead? I figure, since that was post Byzantium River (the Library being the only other later event for her that we know about), there could have been lots of River/Eleven meetings for her that haven't been mentioned in any way. They could easily have been married then .... I made a spreadsheet when I first tried to work out what might have happened in what order for each of them .... it's pretty sad really LOL! That GIF posted early on in this thread showing their timeline as a big scribbly mess is very accurate!

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...6E13_00014.jpg
                        Well, who knows what sort of swirls and eddies we have yet to see in their relationship. *shrugs* There is a lot hinted at but seldom do we get a real sort of timeline. Jim the Fish? Asgaard? I have never truly bought into the "back to front" thing aside from he meets her when she dies. I don't buy into the whole his first kiss with her is her last kiss with him. I think it's much more complex than that.
                        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I do love this ship... River and Eleven I think it's really special and a cool thing for Steven Moffat to do. I at first really loved the Doctor and Amy....but they have such a unique bond...almost soul matey and dare I say...more of a father/daughter bond.....which yes...headache is right with this...I can't even wrap my head around the fact that Amy is Rivers mother So yeah... I don't even try ...I just sit back and enjoy the ride...and I do hope we get more shippiness with River and the Doctor and yeah I squeed a little on that prequel too when he said he was married See when I get excited... I talk in huge run on sentences... *EXHALES*
                            Originally posted by jelgate
                            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

And plus with the previews with River saying something like that's an effect of marraige... Squeee!
                              sigpic

Comment

Silly question... if River and the Doctor are married, does that make him Dr./Mr. Song?
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X