Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Searching for the TARDIS or a Puddlejumper ...

Default Re: The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    Would the Doctor view River's death as one of those things that must happen or one of the things that could change? I mean, maybe Eleven was waiting in the wings to save River then.

Maybe?
    I am soooo late to the party, maybe too late to join in, but I didn't know there was a thread for this and now that I do I couldn't resist, especially after seeing all the great comments you guys have made about River and Eleven I'm a new DW convertee but I've seen all of season 1 to 6 twice already plus spent way too long trying to nut out the Eleven/River backwards forwards thing. Ever, I think the 11th Doctor would want to save River and I don't think putting her inside that make believe world would be good enough. I am also hopeful we will see more shippiness to fill in the blanks that still exist. Eg their getting married for real. I can't see how the one on the pyramic counts because that's an aborted time line that doesn't exist and she didn't get his name but she does know it by the time she goes to the Library. Does it give any one else a headache trying to work out what happened when for these two? It's a good headache though, if such a thing exists. In the end I just had to try to answer all my own questions in a fanfic - yes, shameless plug - if anyone wants to read it, here's a link.
    Last edited by ShaViva; September 1st, 2012 at 07:49 AM.

Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

Default Re: The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Trying to figure out the timeline for Doctor/River gives me a headache every time. I'll be watching later, but I was under the impression they were married at the end of Wedding of River Song. River and Amy are certainly talking like they are.

Plus, some of the previews they're showing for the new season are sayins that they're married. Don't know if it's recent or not.

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    Trying to figure out the timeline for Doctor/River gives me a headache every time. I'll be watching later, but I was under the impression they were married at the end of Wedding of River Song. River and Amy are certainly talking like they are.

Plus, some of the previews they're showing for the new season are sayins that they're married. Don't know if it's recent or not.
    Do you mean in the scene at the very end, after they've fixed time and River is telling Amy the Doctor isn't dead? I figure, since that was post Byzantium River (the Library being the only other later event for her that we know about), there could have been lots of River/Eleven meetings for her that haven't been mentioned in any way. They could easily have been married then .... I made a spreadsheet when I first tried to work out what might have happened in what order for each of them .... it's pretty sad really LOL! That GIF posted early on in this thread showing their timeline as a big scribbly mess is very accurate!

Welcome Sha!!!

I'm hoping that something during S7 will clarify exactly where and when they got married too. I have the same idea that they marry again with River being told the Doctor's name during that ceremony.

Look what I just found on Youtube! This is a prequel made for itunes in the US & certainly made me squee a little. The Doctor says he is married (0.40)

Asgardian Library (burdened with glorious books)

Doesn't River show up in episode five? I wonder who the Doctor considers himself married to.

Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaViva View Post
    Do you mean in the scene at the very end, after they've fixed time and River is telling Amy the Doctor isn't dead? I figure, since that was post Byzantium River (the Library being the only other later event for her that we know about), there could have been lots of River/Eleven meetings for her that haven't been mentioned in any way. They could easily have been married then .... I made a spreadsheet when I first tried to work out what might have happened in what order for each of them .... it's pretty sad really LOL! That GIF posted early on in this thread showing their timeline as a big scribbly mess is very accurate!

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...6E13_00014.jpg
    Well, who knows what sort of swirls and eddies we have yet to see in their relationship. *shrugs* There is a lot hinted at but seldom do we get a real sort of timeline. Jim the Fish? Asgaard? I have never truly bought into the "back to front" thing aside from he meets her when she dies. I don't buy into the whole his first kiss with her is her last kiss with him. I think it's much more complex than that.

I do love this ship... River and Eleven I think it's really special and a cool thing for Steven Moffat to do. I at first really loved the Doctor and Amy....but they have such a unique bond...almost soul matey and dare I say...more of a father/daughter bond.....which yes...headache is right with this...I can't even wrap my head around the fact that Amy is Rivers mother So yeah... I don't even try ...I just sit back and enjoy the ride...and I do hope we get more shippiness with River and the Doctor and yeah I squeed a little on that prequel too when he said he was married See when I get excited... I talk in huge run on sentences... *EXHALES*
    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

And plus with the previews with River saying something like that's an effect of marraige... Squeee!

Silly question... if River and the Doctor are married, does that make him Dr./Mr. Song?

Lieutenant Colonel WingedPegasus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgania View Post
    Silly question... if River and the Doctor are married, does that make him Dr./Mr. Song?
    Nah. It makes her Mrs. Who.
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Quote Originally Posted by WingedPegasus View Post
    Nah. It makes her Mrs. Who.
    Then she would also be Dr. Who.

Lieutenant Colonel WingedPegasus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgania View Post
    Then she would also be Dr. Who.
    She just goes by Dr. Song to keep the universe a little less confused.
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Thanks Blen - and thanks for the prequel vid - I hadn't seen that and it was definitely a squee moment. I've decided that of course he was talking about River Agreed Ever - the whole first/lasts thing lining up neatly doesn't makes sense - it must be way more complicated than that!

LOL on their married names ... by the time we get to the library River would be Professor Who ... mmm, does that mean she outranks him?

I've missed River so much in these last three episodes. Another week and a bit to wait before The Angels Take Manhattan. Let's hope it's a good one!

I'd bet it's a good one. I wonder where in River's timeline this one will fall.

I kinda wanted River to show up in the Dinosaurs on a Spaceship episode. Mostly to see her explained to her grandfather.

That would have been cool. But there was a LOT of other stuff going on with Nefi, (what's his face the big game hunter/dinosaur bone finder), et al.

I would have loved to see it myself.

Personally I would have preferred for Nefertiti (and Riddell) not to have been in it at all. I think they should have had River instead. And yes, I would have loved to have heard the explanation given to Brian as well.