X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adventures in Babysitting (711)

Episode Synopsis:

Originally posted by TV Guide
    Sam helps a teen girl search for her missing father, who is also a supernatural hunter. Meanwhile, Dean tries to take down Dick Roman (James Patrick Stuart).

Original Air Date: 01/06/2012
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

The Hellatus is over!

Seems my pessimistic optimism, or is that my optimistic pessimism, still hoped Bobby wiggled out his predicament, somehow. (I was even inspired to write a short fic about it!) But no, looks like he's dead ...but what decision did he make? Was Dean's missing beer a clue? I expect we'll be made to suffer a bit more before we find out! And we didn't find out if they burned his bones either.

I really liked how they played the weeks going by, to show how the boys were dealing with their grief. Not overly angsty but not skimmed over either. It was nicely done and very realistic. We have Dean not wanting to involve himself with any of the mundane issues to deal with Bobby's death as his heart is on revenge. And Sam being forced to be more realistic and practical about it...sorting through Bobby's stuff and wondering whether they should contact Bobby's friends.

There was a lot of strands to this ep. The grieving, the MOTW, the Leviathan arc, Dean getting to grips with various issues in himself...or trying to anyway.

So we discover what the numbers were for. I have to say that wasn't a surprise. But what's going to be built on at the co-ordinates? Maybe a human-BigMac restaurant. Or a two-way portal to Purgatory? Maybe they miss home.

Things I liked:
    The hunter father making a better choice for is daughter.
    Krissy, the daughter. She was nicely played.
    And Frank. He's nicely bonkers and fun.

Things that pleased my fangirly soul:

Sam being chowed down on, on his neck!
    Dean in his 'costume'.
    Dean chatting with Krissy about Sam going to Stanford.
    Sam and Dean in the not!Impala at the end. They talked feelings...a little. Well Sam did. Dean not so much. But they're together! That has to be a bonus.

Not so many memorable quotes this week...but I liked “Relax - it's a field, not the Death Star” by Dean.

A very enjoyable ep. Welcome back show.
    sigpic

Comment

...still wondering where the Impala is.......
      sigpic

Comment

Enjoyed the ep.

Dean in the cherry picker. lol!

Am glad the break is finally over.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

I still can't believe it about Bobby. Overall, this was a very nice episode though.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thought it was a good episode. At the end it looked like Dean was fighting off crying so he could smile and be "professional."
            sigpic

Comment

I liked the episode very much. While watching it I kept telling myself that if the season had been that good from the start the ratings might have increased more rapidly.

I liked both Dean's and Sam's storylines and the fact that at the end Dean had to save Sammy as he would have done in previous seasons when they didn't quarrel so much was well done too. Frank was touching towards the end when he said that his family had been killed and that he had to pretend to be happy because he's lucky to be alive and because it's what a professional does. Dean trying to smile in the car at the very end was beautiful: Jensen did a wonderful job here.

About Bobby... My guess is that they will not explicitly tell us whether he's coming back until they know if the show is renewed. Maybe if Castiel came back he could help them bring Bobby back... Or maybe if there's going to be a season 8 Bobby's ghost will appear in the last episode asking for help because he's trapped and then that would open the door to a new storyarc for season 8... Or maybe Castiel is not really dead and will come back with Bobby's soul inside him?

You never know what to expect with SPN!

Anyway, very good episode!
              sigpic

Comment

I am so glad you're back, Winchesters!

Sam getting "fed" on........niiice! Those 'ladies' sure enjoyed snacking on him didn't they?

Dean......no matter how sad an episode is, you always find a way to make me laugh. The cherry -picker......ROFL

I still expect them to call Bobby though.

IHS
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X