The Daedalus' role in this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Daedalus' role in this season

the Daedalus was in this season for about 6 episodes. with the ori and goa'uld threat gone it could not be needed in the milky way but with the wraith threat it should have been in pegasus
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Having multiple ships makes it easier to do episodes without worrying about the actors. If Mitch Pileggi isn't available, ask Michael Beach and use the Apollo. Better than having the ship but 6 different commanding officers.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Having multiple ships makes it easier to do episodes without worrying about the actors. If Mitch Pileggi isn't available, ask Michael Beach and use the Apollo. Better than having the ship but 6 different commanding officers.
      the Apollo wasn't even in season 5 Colonel Abe Ellis was enemy at the gate
      sigpic

Comment

I had a long post, I edited it, and the post erased.
        Last edited by Snowman37; 01 January 2012, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
          the Apollo wasn't even in season 5 Colonel Abe Ellis was enemy at the gate
          But Colonel Abe is the commander of the Apollo, and the Apollo is in the background of his scene in EaTG. Or was that the Apollo's stand-in?

Comment

the Daedalus was in this season for about 6 episodes. with the ori and goa'uld threat gone it could not be needed in the milky way but with the wraith threat it should have been in pegasus
            Colonel Caldwell and the Daedalus have a very large role in the second season. After that, both the Daedalus and Apollo combined only appeared in five or six episodes a season. Why are you singling out Season 5? Further, it's probably actor availability combined with focusing more on Sheppard's team being on their own without relying on the Daedalus or Apollo. I deffinately think actor availability played a role, because where was Caldwell in "The Lost Tribe?"

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              But Colonel Abe is the commander of the Apollo, and the Apollo is in the background of his scene in EaTG. Or was that the Apollo's stand-in?
              no not a stand in but what i mean is that we never see the Apollo from the outside
              sigpic

Comment

no not a stand in but what i mean is that we never see the Apollo from the outside
                I was kidding about the stand in.

And it probably would have cost too much to have it in just one or two scenes out of the whole episode, when the episode was already busy enough.

Originally posted by Snowman37
                I deffinately think actor availability played a role, because where was Caldwell in "The Lost Tribe?"
                Probably in the infirmary being treated for some injury the audience knew nothing about.

Comment

It was the season finale (it hadn't been cancelled yet) and the 100th episode. They wanted to bring back as many characters as they had room and time for. That's why we got a cameo from Colonel Ellis. It was more about the cameo than about the Apollo.

Comment

Working...
                  X