This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I hate that kind of sterotypes. Other countries has show a philia for reality TV
    Not In Ireland we mostly have shows like Love Hate and Fair City.

Comment

Originally posted by Anto117 View Post
      I know a lot of people in Ireland who like the show very much and I hope its renewed if not then it shows that what shows Americans like these days are reality shows and shows like American Idol.
      That is a major issue. They are many here that love these shows (not me) and that is why the childish drama is injected into the show to increase general appeal. The bottom line is money and running reality shows is like owning a printing press. The answer is probably shows like primevil, firefly, ST, SG, falling skies, etc. with reasonable costs. The reality is that a good show will get a few million viewers and adjust the budget accordingly. It will be channels like TNT (cable superstation) that save the genre.

Comment

Not really. Further seasons see production costs increases for the cast and crew. A vast chunk of the budget surprisingly is for salaries especially actors. Actors get paid a lot for TV shows. And some things are always changing like the building of new sets
        That and they
        Spoiler:
        kinda blew up Terra Nova in the last episode.
        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
          That is a major issue. They are many here that love these shows (not me) and that is why the childish drama is injected into the show to increase general appeal. The bottom line is money and running reality shows is like owning a printing press. The answer is probably shows like primevil, firefly, ST, SG, falling skies, etc. with reasonable costs. The reality is that a good show will get a few million viewers and adjust the budget accordingly. It will be channels like TNT (cable superstation) that save the genre.
          Agree with that (though I'm not one that loves those shows either). Terra Nova has potential. I could do with a bit less of the teenage drama but otherwise I'd gladly tune in for another season.
          sigpic
          Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Anto117 View Post
            I know a lot of people in Ireland who like the show very much and I hope its renewed if not then it shows that what shows Americans like these days are reality shows and shows like American Idol.
            Not this American. I hate all that reality celebrity worship crap.
            sigpic
            Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
              Same here. Most of that has ruined real quality television.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i really do hope TN gets renewed. i like it

Comment

I think so long as Steven Speilberg keeps lending his name to this it will get renewed.

I suspect he is trying to wet out appitiet for dinos in preparation for Jurassic Park 4.
                  I got nothing!

Comment

I am curious to, if this show will get renewed , because I think the biggest problem is the budget. If anyone knows anything please let us know thanks
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

the show was awful. terrible dialogue, terrible acting, lame stories.
                      it shouldn't have been a family drama. it should have been a time traveling dinosaur romp. - which is how it was advertised.

if it is by some chance renewed, they'd do themselves a favor and change the show's feel and direction.

great show? far from it. more like a lost promise. i can think of at least 5 other FOX shows that were canceled that I'd rather see returned than another season of this show.

and I love time travel and dinosaurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        Same here. Most of that has ruined real quality television.
                        That's the problem though, for every one of us, there are at least 10 others than love the reality crap and hate anything SciFi related, no matter how remote the connection is.

It's the same here in the UK, I can safely say that of the 20 or so people that live within a stones throw of me in this street, I am the only one that regularly watches this stuff, all the others prefer soaps and reality tv crap, I've lot count of the number of times they say "oh do you think bimbo#1 will win x-factor?" or "character-g34 has been shot again in Eastenders, who do you think did it?", my answer is usually "WTF I was watching proper TV, you know like TN or Falling Skies". Then they proceed to rip the michael out of me for watching fiction that's never likely to happen - my answer to that is, "you watch a program where someone is shot or killed every other week, that most of the characters don't work but seem to own their own home, drive a brand new car, and have 42" Plasmas in every room of their house, rinse and repeat the same story every 3 months etc. - and your taking the piss out of me for watching a program about dinosaurs or space travel??????".

The convo then doesn't proceed much further, but they still prefer their Eastenders over something like Terra Nova everytime and because they out number us in the viewership stakes, the tv companies will continue to produce shows for the lowest common dominator, rather than something with a reasonably decent storyline.

Ten a penny I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          i really do hope TN gets renewed. i like it
                          Yeah, my wife and I really grew to like this show.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Yeah, my wife and I really grew to like this show.
                            I hope that it gets renewed as well. I just wonder why its first season was so short.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              I hope that it gets renewed as well. I just wonder why its first season was so short.
                              Its huge post-production schedule and big budget. When people worry about Terra Nova because of its big budget they forget it has less episodes then most shows
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Its huge post-production schedule and big budget. When people worry about Terra Nova because of its big budget they forget it has less episodes then most shows
                                If they're gonna do that there should be less commercials and more show...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X