Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 158
  1. #1
    Second Lieutenant Phinguyver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    323

    Default So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Or will it be the latest in the long line of great shows to be cancelled?

    Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

    Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

    Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

  2. #2
    Mrs Hughes Sp!der's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lost in Time
    Posts
    3,381

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phinguyver View Post
    Or will it be the latest in the long line of great shows to be cancelled?
    I hope.....


    not. xD, seriously, they wanted do decide after new years, early in january, so you have to be a bit more patient!

  3. #3
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    35,034

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  4. #4
    Brigadier General SaberBlade's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Belfast, UK.
    Posts
    8,100

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Poor Jelgate, forum ate his post.

    I'd expect it to be renewed. The ratings did dip a little from the premiere but it only went from low 9 million to 7.5 and consider this is during holiday times (Thanksgiving and Christmas) I'd say that is good. Just as long as they keep the episode count low. Don't want them to start overdoing it with filler episodes.



  5. #5
    Lieutenant Colonel ussrelativity's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lemuria
    Posts
    4,061

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    I hope the story will continue. I am excited about this show. Not nearly to the extent as with "V", but still I am really enjoying this show very much.

  6. #6
    Captain StarSancFar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sanctuary lives on through us!
    Posts
    1,880

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    I hope they do, it has potential
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

  7. #7
    General Starfist's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The Unfashionable End of the Western Spiral Arm..!
    Posts
    23,882

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    I agree that this show has potential.
    I hope that it is renewed.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

  8. #8
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    35,034

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Quote Originally Posted by SaberBlade View Post
    Poor Jelgate, forum ate his post.

    I'd expect it to be renewed. The ratings did dip a little from the premiere but it only went from low 9 million to 7.5 and consider this is during holiday times (Thanksgiving and Christmas) I'd say that is good. Just as long as they keep the episode count low. Don't want them to start overdoing it with filler episodes.
    The 18-49 demos are a lot more important when determining if a show is going to be renewed. As I said in my forum eaten post I would expect it to go either way with more likely to renewall but given the bubble territory I will not be surprised if its cancelled
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  9. #9
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    It has good numbers but is ridiculously expensive to make. Primevil does a better job with dinos and apart from that, it should be a ridiculously cheap show to make.

  10. #10
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    35,034

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Quote Originally Posted by morrismike View Post
    It has good numbers but is ridiculously expensive to make. Primevil does a better job with dinos and apart from that, it should be a ridiculously cheap show to make.
    That is hard to determine without knowing the quanitive numbers it takes to produce versus other shows
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  11. #11
    Brigadier General SaberBlade's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Belfast, UK.
    Posts
    8,100

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Wouldn't a second season be cheaper because they've already paid for all the big stuff like sets?



  12. #12
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    35,034

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Not really. Further seasons see production costs increases for the cast and crew. A vast chunk of the budget surprisingly is for salaries especially actors. Actors get paid a lot for TV shows. And some things are always changing like the building of new sets
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  13. #13
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,109

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    I really hope we are lucky enough to get a second season.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  14. #14
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    I know a lot of people in Ireland who like the show very much and I hope its renewed if not then it shows that what shows Americans like these days are reality shows and shows like American Idol.

  15. #15
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    35,034

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anto117 View Post
    I know a lot of people in Ireland who like the show very much and I hope its renewed if not then it shows that what shows Americans like these days are reality shows and shows like American Idol.
    I hate that kind of sterotypes. Other countries has show a philia for reality TV
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  16. #16
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    I hate that kind of sterotypes. Other countries has show a philia for reality TV
    Not In Ireland we mostly have shows like Love Hate and Fair City.

  17. #17
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anto117 View Post
    I know a lot of people in Ireland who like the show very much and I hope its renewed if not then it shows that what shows Americans like these days are reality shows and shows like American Idol.
    That is a major issue. They are many here that love these shows (not me) and that is why the childish drama is injected into the show to increase general appeal. The bottom line is money and running reality shows is like owning a printing press. The answer is probably shows like primevil, firefly, ST, SG, falling skies, etc. with reasonable costs. The reality is that a good show will get a few million viewers and adjust the budget accordingly. It will be channels like TNT (cable superstation) that save the genre.

  18. #18
    Lieutenant Colonel WingedPegasus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Evading responsibility.
    Posts
    3,731

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Not really. Further seasons see production costs increases for the cast and crew. A vast chunk of the budget surprisingly is for salaries especially actors. Actors get paid a lot for TV shows. And some things are always changing like the building of new sets
    That and they
    Spoiler:
    kinda blew up Terra Nova in the last episode.
    || twitter || tumblr ||

  19. #19
    Captain NumberSix's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2011
    Location
    the new Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,041

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Quote Originally Posted by morrismike View Post
    That is a major issue. They are many here that love these shows (not me) and that is why the childish drama is injected into the show to increase general appeal. The bottom line is money and running reality shows is like owning a printing press. The answer is probably shows like primevil, firefly, ST, SG, falling skies, etc. with reasonable costs. The reality is that a good show will get a few million viewers and adjust the budget accordingly. It will be channels like TNT (cable superstation) that save the genre.
    Agree with that (though I'm not one that loves those shows either). Terra Nova has potential. I could do with a bit less of the teenage drama but otherwise I'd gladly tune in for another season.

    Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

  20. #20
    Second Lieutenant Phinguyver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anto117 View Post
    I know a lot of people in Ireland who like the show very much and I hope its renewed if not then it shows that what shows Americans like these days are reality shows and shows like American Idol.
    Not this American. I hate all that reality celebrity worship crap.

    Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

    Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

    Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Similar Threads

  1. Terra Nova - Season 1 ratings Thread
    By Homer 120 in forum Terra Nova
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: December 1st, 2011, 08:38 PM
  2. Politics in Terra Nova
    By Gollumpus in forum Terra Nova
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: November 25th, 2011, 06:37 AM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: November 24th, 2011, 09:31 AM
  4. Terra Nova - The Box (Spoilers for The Runaway)
    By thekillman in forum Terra Nova
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: November 15th, 2011, 04:27 AM
  5. Terra Nova
    By morrismike in forum Terra Nova
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 28th, 2011, 03:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •