Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks . I really enjoyed the show, especially the last few episodes.
    sigpic

Comment

Yes...this is bad news...
      sigpic

Comment

touch seem cool. Alcatraz as well.
        But FOX Has The Simpsons and BIG sports like NFL, MLB and nascar.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
          Another good TV show bites the dust which will be replaced by some rubbish reality TV show.
          No need to get uppity, it wasn't actually a good show. It COULD have been, and SHOULD have been, but FOX made it suck.
          Here's a decent article about 6 ways they could have made it worth saving for a second season: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/12/20/terra-nova-save/

My reason is basically a mix of all of them.
          The show was advertised and touted as a dinosaur adventure in the past.
          It had no mystery, no intrigue, no adventure, and no dinosaurs.
          It should have been more Land of the Lost, except for adults.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
            My reason is basically a mix of all of them.
            The show was advertised and touted as a dinosaur adventure in the past.
            It had no mystery, no intrigue, no adventure, and no dinosaurs.
            It should have been more Land of the Lost, except for adults.
            Same here... Except I wasn't expecting it to be like a dinosaur adventure of the past; more so I was expecting it to be similar to Lost due to the mystery of it but instead it felt like a show that felt like one of those ensemble dramas but in a different time frame and with dinosaurs. The third episode is evident of this; situations that don't feel as mysterious as they should, characters acting to appeal to the widest broadest audience, a lacking sense of investment. I didn't feel like I was drawn to the show the same way as Lost and Fringe; instead I felt like I was watching a show with a sense of disconnectedness.

I will admit; the show does look to be a perfect fit for TNT, so the people who are trying to save the show should try to convince TNT to pick up the show. I mean look at the shows on TNT, it'll feel right at home on that network.
            Back from the grave.

Comment

the problem is should have been nothing like Lost.
              it didn't need an over-arcing mystery. It should have been an adventure show of humans struggling to survive 85 million years ago in a time that they knew nothing about.

AND HAVE DINOSAURS IN IT EATING PEOPLE AND BEING AWESOME

Comment

What killed it for me was the episode with the "spider song" then towards the end I got interested in the show again... But all those cute fluffy moments really made me ill. Ditch those, more drama and action and they might not have been canned.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  What killed it for me was the episode with the "spider song" then towards the end I got interested in the show again... But all those cute fluffy moments really made me ill. Ditch those, more drama and action and they might not have been canned.
                  I doubt that. When you look at the sucessful TV shows on primetime its the drama shows
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

The question is, can another network afford the show, and if not, could the show afford a smaller budget if a network is willing?

I heard that the show was terribly expensive for a first season...
                    sigpic

Comment

My wife and I really enjoyed Season 1. It is a real shame it won't get a second season. Another one bites the dust.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

People get so hysterical. Reading on various blogs and sites people are calling this the death of scifi on TV

Comment

Well fans and overreaction go together like peanut butter and jelly
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Well fans and overreaction go together like peanut butter and jelly
                            Sad but true

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              People get so hysterical. Reading on various blogs and sites people are calling this the death of scifi on TV
                              How exactly is SciFi not dying? Are there any interesting, inspiring, tv-shows either planned or airing? Most shows sold as SciFi are going to be about some esoteric vampire-esque between-heaven-and-hell nonsense. Terra Nova is the only one left, and it's already very soft and feminine SciFi. Granted "interesting" and "inspiring" are subjective terms, but nobody can deny that shows like Star Trek and Stargate SG-1 have shaped the world as we know it today, by inspiring many young men to go into science. I don't see this happening for the future with the current shows running.

Comment

Originally posted by Varifold View Post
                                How exactly is SciFi not dying? Are there any interesting, inspiring, tv-shows either planned or airing? Most shows sold as SciFi are going to be about some esoteric vampire-esque between-heaven-and-hell nonsense. Terra Nova is the only one left, and it's already very soft and feminine SciFi. Granted "interesting" and "inspiring" are subjective terms, but nobody can deny that shows like Star Trek and Stargate SG-1 have shaped the world as we know it today, by inspiring many young men to go into science. I don't see this happening for the future with the current shows running.

Actually yeah when you put it that way I agree.

Maybe TPTB want a nice world where the people are sheep and don't aspire to anything. Consumerism rules the day and guess what we became the real life Idiocracy

Comment

Working...
                                X