Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Captain

Default Re: So, will Terra Nova be renewed?

Please remain convinced (on both TN & Fringe's account), no matter how much you may be tempted to be optimistic at renewal, please do not let yourself be tempted... pretty please...

Colonel

Alcatraz seems even more far fetched then Terra Nova

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Alcatraz seems even more far fetched then Terra Nova
    at least in a show about alcatraz and inmates, there are inmates and alcatraz.

there's no ****ing dinosaurs in terra nova.

or acting talent.

or good dialogue.

or action.

I don't give a crap about family struggles. I want to see people struggling to survive in a time period that should be OWNING them.

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Thier are dinosaurs in Terra Nova and the rest are based purely on opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Major

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Thier are dinosaurs in Terra Nova and the rest are based purely on opinion
    we saw 1 dinosaur scene worth a damn and it was in the finale with the t-rex going to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    we saw 1 dinosaur scene worth a damn and it was in the finale with the t-rex going to the future.
    Their was more then one dinosaur in the show.
    Jelgate is right

Major

you're really going to go with that?

i mean, yes, obviously, those fake looking raptor wannabes appeared a few times and attacked some stupid looking jeeps and a campfire.

but let's get real. For a show about the time period full of dinos - we've seen basically none.

just admit it.

you're really going to go with that?

i mean, yes, obviously, those fake looking raptor wannabes appeared a few times and attacked some stupid looking jeeps and a campfire.

but let's get real. For a show about the time period full of dinos - we've seen basically none.

just admit it.
    I don't admit things that aren't true. Your original statment was their are no dinosaurs in the show which is false. Everyone has different views what is enough dinosaurs so its a moot point to argue
    Jelgate is right

most dinosaurs very likely want to get out of the way of Terra Nova, because of it's big sonic cannons etc.

oh and did you forget the million or so dinosaur birds?

Major

they spend half their time outside the compound.

face it. this is not me trolling. or being a turd. it's truth. stop and think about it.

the show had a chance to be huge, had a ton of hype, and totally, totally, blew it.

face it. this is not me trolling. or being a turd. it's truth. stop and think about it.

the show had a chance to be huge, had a ton of hype, and totally, totally, blew it.
    Truth requires facts not subjective opinions
    Jelgate is right

I sort of agree... well not about the dinos...they showed them several times and their effects That was enough for me. But I really think the show was disappointing first off why would they pick that time period to go back to? Wouldn't it have been more feasible to go back just after the dinos went extinct? ANd I think the acting was weak and too rainbows and unicorns by the end of the ep everything was just right as rain again....no matter how effed up stuff got That always annoys me. It had some nice elements...but it just seemed to be way too predictable and trite and so yeah I would be surprised if it got renewed but meh....it probably will cuz I didn't really like it all that much.
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by squirrely1 View Post
    I sort of agree... well not about the dinos...they showed them several times and their effects That was enough for me. But I really think the show was disappointing first off why would they pick that time period to go back to? Wouldn't it have been more feasible to go back just after the dinos went extinct? ANd I think the acting was weak and too rainbows and unicorns by the end of the ep everything was just right as rain again....no matter how effed up stuff got That always annoys me. It had some nice elements...but it just seemed to be way too predictable and trite and so yeah I would be surprised if it got renewed but meh....it probably will cuz I didn't really like it all that much.

The emphasis on drama is what got me a bit irked. Too much family drama and you're right no matter how screwed things got by the end of the episode everything was unicorns and rainbows....

BTW who's the cute avatar

The emphasis on drama is what got me a bit irked. Too much family drama and you're right no matter how screwed things got by the end of the episode everything was unicorns and rainbows....

If it was too "rainbows and unicorns" why watch it? I realize everyone is entitled to his/her opinion...but geeze...if I dislike a show that much I don't watch it.

And totally unrelated...I see the supreme negative one is back And I don't mean you coco pops.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by WingedPegasus View Post
    That and they
    Spoiler:
    kinda blew up Terra Nova in the last episode.

No that was Hope Plaza that got blown up....... My favourite scene........ The tough guy yelling at Taylor "Do you know how much you cost us" or such and points gun at Taylor then the moment the dino looks at him he screams like a girl...

For some reason I just burst out laughing.

simple fact: animals are lazy. after the umpteenth failed attack by dinosaurs against humans with superior weaponry, they'd get out of the way.

since most dinosaurs' reward for getting close to the compound is either a bullet or a sonic shock, most would damn well know not to get too close. they'd rather stay away and not get blasted, and just catch some prey. especially since this is both true for predator and prey, as both would be reminded not to get close.

most animals are kept in their field by an electric wire. and believe me, they all know damn well not to touch it. my dog does not cross over to the street due to a shock wire. he won't even cross it when the wire is not there. and it's a clearly visible wire.

in short: most dinosaurs in the vicinity will know, even after a few years, that they should not get close to the compound and get blasted. same for most patrols. i bet dinosaurs know that there is a patrol long before the patrol knows there's a dinosaur.

even then, in most attack cases it was about a small, vulnerable group being targeted by a much, much larger group.

what truly surprises me is that you watch a show you hate so much.

Quote Originally Posted by thekillman View Post
    simple fact: animals are lazy. after the umpteenth failed attack by dinosaurs against humans with superior weaponry, they'd get out of the way.

since most dinosaurs' reward for getting close to the compound is either a bullet or a sonic shock, most would damn well know not to get too close. they'd rather stay away and not get blasted, and just catch some prey. especially since this is both true for predator and prey, as both would be reminded not to get close.

most animals are kept in their field by an electric wire. and believe me, they all know damn well not to touch it. my dog does not cross over to the street due to a shock wire. he won't even cross it when the wire is not there. and it's a clearly visible wire.

in short: most dinosaurs in the vicinity will know, even after a few years, that they should not get close to the compound and get blasted. same for most patrols. i bet dinosaurs know that there is a patrol long before the patrol knows there's a dinosaur.

even then, in most attack cases it was about a small, vulnerable group being targeted by a much, much larger group.

I don't comprehend this either...

OH that is Yvonne Strahovski she plays Sarah in Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    If it was too "rainbows and unicorns" why watch it? I realize everyone is entitled to his/her opinion...but geeze...if I dislike a show that much I don't watch it.

And totally unrelated...I see the supreme negative one is back And I don't mean you coco pops.
    well I said it annoyed me... I mean there were some redeeming qualities to the show that kept my interest enough for lack of something else better to watch on TV..and hoping it would turn around and get better....but alas it just kept disappointing me more and more

oh and you are the bright and cheery one? Since when?
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Major

Truth requires facts not subjective opinions
    I saw the whole season - so, I am stating facts.

Quote Originally Posted by thekillman View Post

Uh, did you not read the part where I said they spend half their time outside the compound running around? Everything you just said was about attacking the compound.

My wife liked it, so I watched it. And I wanted to watch it after FOX hyped it up so much and it was about DINOSAURS. I stuck with it just to see the story and if it got better.
    It didn't.

I have no issues with you liking it, but you can't deny the faults.

Terra Nova had an interesting premise; help from one of the most famous world-renown directors of our time "Steven Spielberg" and some top billing but people didn't feel attracted to the series. Unfortunately you can include me within that group of people as I watched one episode of the show and I didn't feel a need to watch again; it's not bad or anything, I just didn't feel drawn towards the series as I did to fellow Fox sci-fi cohort Fringe.

Maybe it'd get a second season but only if Alcatraz manages to rate lower then it.