Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    I know what you mean. From the clothing it doesnt seem like her, but they could have removed her colourful shirt and the Jacket because they needed to check out the wounds, thats what we see on the first pic. She still has the Dogtags that she wore when coming through. It just seems weird to me to throw 3 shots of the same woman in there if we are not supposed to know her.

Yeah, I suppose. They really should have given us a better death scene, y'know? But maybe thats what they want, they want the 'um, ooo, is she dead?' cause they might bring her back....who knows!
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by StarSancFar View Post
    Yeah, I suppose. They really should have given us a better death scene, y'know? But maybe thats what they want, they want the 'um, ooo, is she dead?' cause they might bring her back....who knows!
    Havent you noticed? I know EVERYTHING!!!
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Havent you noticed? I know EVERYTHING!!!
    Hahaha! LOL
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

Just fyi, the way Terra Nova went so far with the Teenie Relationships, I bet my ass that Josh will seek comfort with Sky, fall in love with her and then Mira is gonna show up with a line like "Guess who is still kicking?"
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

You mean Kara is gonna show up??
    Indeed

This is surely not the last we have seen of her, they spent to much mentioning on her to just let her die like this.

How do others on this Forum always say? As long as you havent seen the Person dying on screen they are not really Dead.

Edit: Oops, now I understood your last post. That would be even better.
    I would green you again, but I have to spread some love first.
    Last edited by tomstone; January 1st, 2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

This is surely not the last we have seen of her, they spent to much mentioning on her to just let her die like this.

How do others on this Forum always say? As long as you havent seen the Person dying on screen they are not really Dead.
    I totally agree! They can't just got teasing her arrival to Terra Nova, and then let her die without much closure for the audience.

Yep, plus, you're never dead in sci-fi....just look at Daniel Jackson
    Indeed

I totally agree! They can't just got teasing her arrival to Terra Nova, and then let her die without much closure for the audience.

Yep, plus, you're never dead in sci-fi....just look at Daniel Jackson
    Lol, thats true, he became kind of the Sci-fi equivalent of Rachel and Ross.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Lol, thats true, he became kind of the Sci-fi equivalent of Rachel and Ross.

Haahaa! How many times did he die exactly? 4?
    Indeed

Haahaa! How many times did he die exactly? 4?
    6 or 7. Depends if you count his Robot Double and the Time he got killed in the Ori Galaxy. The only joke missing in the SG1 arsenal is a Messiah Joke. Something like Sam saying "You have come back more times than Jesus, any ideas?"
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

6 or 7. Depends if you count his Robot Double and the Time he got killed in the Ori Galaxy. The only joke missing in the SG1 arsenal is a Messiah Joke. Something like Sam saying "You have come back more times than Jesus, any ideas?"
    Yeah, not forgetting alternate dimensions! Hhahaaa! I wish they'd say something like that! It's so true!
    Indeed

what the frack happened to my post

Quote Originally Posted by thekillman View Post
    Gateworld ate it!

Yeah, GW ate it XD *nomnomnom*

What were you going to say?
    Indeed

frak. it was quite a long post. today is too late, will write the full response tomorrow.

anyway, i was mainly going to say:

it;s weird that one episode we got told that a sonic gun could disrupt the connection yet this episode Hope Plaza exploding doesn't disrupt it. it's weird that Shannon dumps a nuke down a pipe and stuff instantly explodes, yet there never is a nuclear explosion.
    it's weird that someone would design a pipe, with an easily removable seal, and if you toss something down it everything explodes. as an engineer, i'd have whoever designed that shot instantly. and his family, kin and kids, as anybody that stupid has no right to procreate.

lastly, i found the "three days later" thing quite nicely done tho. it felt very surreal at first, i thought he was dreaming. i'd have preferred to see the battle but hey.

the Phoenix group moving north is in one way kind of a deus ex machina, but i think it also emphasizes that they have a very good reason of doing so and makes it even more frightening.

i am very much looking forward to S2

frak. it was quite a long post. today is too late, will write the full response tomorrow.

it;s weird that one episode we got told that a sonic gun could disrupt the connection yet this episode Hope Plaza exploding doesn't disrupt it. it's weird that Shannon dumps a nuke down a pipe and stuff instantly explodes, yet there never is a nuclear explosion.
    it's weird that someone would design a pipe, with an easily removable seal, and if you toss something down it everything explodes. as an engineer, i'd have whoever designed that shot instantly. and his family, kin and kids, as anybody that stupid has no right to procreate.

lastly, i found the "three days later" thing quite nicely done tho. it felt very surreal at first, i thought he was dreaming. i'd have preferred to see the battle but hey.

the Phoenix group moving north is in one way kind of a deus ex machina, but i think it also emphasizes that they have a very good reason of doing so and makes it even more frightening.

I hope I understood the first part right. The Fracture wasnt disrupted because Shannon came through before the blast reached the Portal. Its not clear if the Fracture has really been closed through this, but it surely had to survive alot.

What the Phoenix group is after right now is another fracture and not the same that brought the People from 2149.

I understood the throwing the Bomb into the Tube as security meassure, so nobody can get to it and deactivate it and of course to channel the Blast somewhat. He couldnt have known how Hope Plaza is build.

As for the exploding Plaza, I guess you know more about this theme than me. Just saying that it seemed like any other explosion scene in any movie. Everyone knows its basically impossible to outrun a explosion.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Yeah, that pipe thing was a bit iffy, where did it lead anyway?
    I loved the 3 days later thing too, it was very surreal, especially with the sound dampening/muffling effect they used. I like that sort of thing

Yeah, having the bad guys move somewhere so ferocious as the bad lands is supposed to be is quite a scary concept
    Indeed

Captain

just did a rewatch and noticed a couple things:

The probe iirc was on a plinth near Taylor's office, in the scenes where Jim is wondering around in his daze, in one of the background shots you can see the plinth, but there's no probe on the top of it - future storyline about why they never found the signal in the future perhaps? Probe being destroyed in the attack etc.

Now the not so serious, although these did make me laugh, after Lucas has smelt the coffee and radioed the new anchor site for the portal, he tells them to shut it down, but in the background, the portal has already been shut down after Jim's parcel went through, even when science guy blew a component out with his MIB big red button thingy, the portal had already been shut down...

Meanwhile in Hope Plaza, Jim has arrived, found the pipe, ripped the top off and is balancing the bomb on the side, he arms it, then get's jumped by the bad guys... gun fight ensues.

Fast forward 5 minutes Jim returns, rips the cover off the pipe (again), picks up the bomb (again), arms it (again), then drops it and runs, now presumably in the gun fight, the bomb levitated by itself from it's balancing point on the edge of the pipe to the floor, and disarmed itself - no that's a clever bomb - or maybe Dino stopped off while looking for lunch and did it for him???

OK, not finished yet, so Hope Plaza realises it's under attack, alarms go off and lots of bad boys go running round firing everywhere - so what do they do? ahha, fire up the portal, just incase LOL, remember the portal was shutdown after Jim came through.....

Oh dear, if TN get's renewed, I hope they employ someone to do post production continuity... OK, it's not a serious gripe, they just were things I noticed that made me laugh so I thought I'd share....

Also, there's something not quiet right with their scaling of TN on the wide shots compared to the close up ones, the camp appears to be much bigger in the CGI based wide angle shots from afar, and on the close up ones, the fence arcs the opersite way, especially in the final scenes where shots presumably meant to be from one side of the fence to the other, show two different fences (one arcs outwards, while in the next shot from inside the camp, the same fence arcs inwards), oops.
    Last edited by Ian-S; January 2nd, 2012 at 06:09 PM.

The probe iirc was on a plinth near Taylor's office, in the scenes where Jim is wondering around in his daze, in one of the background shots you can see the plinth, but there's no probe on the top of it - future storyline about why they never found the signal in the future perhaps? Probe being destroyed in the attack etc.
    probably blown off.

Meanwhile in Hope Plaza, Jim has arrived, found the pipe, ripped the top off and is balancing the bomb on the side, he arms it, then get's jumped by the bad guys... gun fight ensues.

Fast forward 5 minutes Jim returns, rips the cover off the pipe (again), picks up the bomb (again), arms it (again), then drops it and runs, now presumably in the gun fight, the bomb levitated by itself from it's balancing point on the edge of the pipe to the floor, and disarmed itself - no that's a clever bomb - or maybe Dino stopped off while looking for lunch and did it for him???
    yea i remember. he pulls the lid off twice. now the bomb disarming would probably be a failsafe, but the episode suggests even tossing a rock down there suffices.