Theory about the finale SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
    6 or 7. Depends if you count his Robot Double and the Time he got killed in the Ori Galaxy. The only joke missing in the SG1 arsenal is a Messiah Joke. Something like Sam saying "You have come back more times than Jesus, any ideas?"
    Yeah, not forgetting alternate dimensions! Hhahaaa! I wish they'd say something like that! It's so true!
    sigpic
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

Comment

Comment

what the frack happened to my post

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          Gateworld ate it!
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, GW ate it XD *nomnomnom*

What were you going to say?
            sigpic
            I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
            Indeed

Comment

frak. it was quite a long post. today is too late, will write the full response tomorrow.

anyway, i was mainly going to say:

it;s weird that one episode we got told that a sonic gun could disrupt the connection yet this episode Hope Plaza exploding doesn't disrupt it. it's weird that Shannon dumps a nuke down a pipe and stuff instantly explodes, yet there never is a nuclear explosion.
              it's weird that someone would design a pipe, with an easily removable seal, and if you toss something down it everything explodes. as an engineer, i'd have whoever designed that shot instantly. and his family, kin and kids, as anybody that stupid has no right to procreate.

lastly, i found the "three days later" thing quite nicely done tho. it felt very surreal at first, i thought he was dreaming. i'd have preferred to see the battle but hey.

the Phoenix group moving north is in one way kind of a deus ex machina, but i think it also emphasizes that they have a very good reason of doing so and makes it even more frightening.

i am very much looking forward to S2

Comment

frak. it was quite a long post. today is too late, will write the full response tomorrow.

it;s weird that one episode we got told that a sonic gun could disrupt the connection yet this episode Hope Plaza exploding doesn't disrupt it. it's weird that Shannon dumps a nuke down a pipe and stuff instantly explodes, yet there never is a nuclear explosion.
                it's weird that someone would design a pipe, with an easily removable seal, and if you toss something down it everything explodes. as an engineer, i'd have whoever designed that shot instantly. and his family, kin and kids, as anybody that stupid has no right to procreate.

lastly, i found the "three days later" thing quite nicely done tho. it felt very surreal at first, i thought he was dreaming. i'd have preferred to see the battle but hey.

the Phoenix group moving north is in one way kind of a deus ex machina, but i think it also emphasizes that they have a very good reason of doing so and makes it even more frightening.

I hope I understood the first part right. The Fracture wasnt disrupted because Shannon came through before the blast reached the Portal. Its not clear if the Fracture has really been closed through this, but it surely had to survive alot.

What the Phoenix group is after right now is another fracture and not the same that brought the People from 2149.

I understood the throwing the Bomb into the Tube as security meassure, so nobody can get to it and deactivate it and of course to channel the Blast somewhat. He couldnt have known how Hope Plaza is build.

As for the exploding Plaza, I guess you know more about this theme than me. Just saying that it seemed like any other explosion scene in any movie. Everyone knows its basically impossible to outrun a explosion.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Yeah, that pipe thing was a bit iffy, where did it lead anyway?
                  I loved the 3 days later thing too, it was very surreal, especially with the sound dampening/muffling effect they used. I like that sort of thing

Yeah, having the bad guys move somewhere so ferocious as the bad lands is supposed to be is quite a scary concept
                  sigpic
                  Indeed

Comment

just did a rewatch and noticed a couple things:

The probe iirc was on a plinth near Taylor's office, in the scenes where Jim is wondering around in his daze, in one of the background shots you can see the plinth, but there's no probe on the top of it - future storyline about why they never found the signal in the future perhaps? Probe being destroyed in the attack etc.

Now the not so serious, although these did make me laugh, after Lucas has smelt the coffee and radioed the new anchor site for the portal, he tells them to shut it down, but in the background, the portal has already been shut down after Jim's parcel went through, even when science guy blew a component out with his MIB big red button thingy, the portal had already been shut down...

Meanwhile in Hope Plaza, Jim has arrived, found the pipe, ripped the top off and is balancing the bomb on the side, he arms it, then get's jumped by the bad guys... gun fight ensues.

Fast forward 5 minutes Jim returns, rips the cover off the pipe (again), picks up the bomb (again), arms it (again), then drops it and runs, now presumably in the gun fight, the bomb levitated by itself from it's balancing point on the edge of the pipe to the floor, and disarmed itself - no that's a clever bomb - or maybe Dino stopped off while looking for lunch and did it for him???

OK, not finished yet, so Hope Plaza realises it's under attack, alarms go off and lots of bad boys go running round firing everywhere - so what do they do? ahha, fire up the portal, just incase LOL, remember the portal was shutdown after Jim came through.....

Oh dear, if TN get's renewed, I hope they employ someone to do post production continuity... OK, it's not a serious gripe, they just were things I noticed that made me laugh so I thought I'd share....

Also, there's something not quiet right with their scaling of TN on the wide shots compared to the close up ones, the camp appears to be much bigger in the CGI based wide angle shots from afar, and on the close up ones, the fence arcs the opersite way, especially in the final scenes where shots presumably meant to be from one side of the fence to the other, show two different fences (one arcs outwards, while in the next shot from inside the camp, the same fence arcs inwards), oops.
                    Last edited by Ian-S; 02 January 2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

The probe iirc was on a plinth near Taylor's office, in the scenes where Jim is wondering around in his daze, in one of the background shots you can see the plinth, but there's no probe on the top of it - future storyline about why they never found the signal in the future perhaps? Probe being destroyed in the attack etc.
                      probably blown off.

Meanwhile in Hope Plaza, Jim has arrived, found the pipe, ripped the top off and is balancing the bomb on the side, he arms it, then get's jumped by the bad guys... gun fight ensues.

Fast forward 5 minutes Jim returns, rips the cover off the pipe (again), picks up the bomb (again), arms it (again), then drops it and runs, now presumably in the gun fight, the bomb levitated by itself from it's balancing point on the edge of the pipe to the floor, and disarmed itself - no that's a clever bomb - or maybe Dino stopped off while looking for lunch and did it for him???
                      yea i remember. he pulls the lid off twice. now the bomb disarming would probably be a failsafe, but the episode suggests even tossing a rock down there suffices.

Comment

I always thought the idea with a bomb was for it to explode, not disarm itself on a whim

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post

OK, not finished yet, so Hope Plaza realises it's under attack, alarms go off and lots of bad boys go running round firing everywhere - so what do they do? ahha, fire up the portal, just incase LOL, remember the portal was shutdown after Jim came through.....
                          Haha, I noticed he did the pipe thing twice What exactly was the pipe - did it lead to like a weak spot for an explosion or something?

And also, I wondered why people were at HP, I thought there was a radiation leak so it was evacuated???
                          sigpic
                          Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
                            Haha, I noticed he did the pipe thing twice What exactly was the pipe - did it lead to like a weak spot for an explosion or something?

And also, I wondered why people were at HP, I thought there was a radiation leak so it was evacuated???
                            My guess was that he had no idea where exactly he should put the bomb, so my guess is he simply looked for somewhere, where the others wont get to it. Though good catch on the cutting mistake you guys. I noticed it too, but somehow I emmediatly ignored it and forgot about it until it was mentioned.

Those were Guards from the Phoenix Group.At that point Hope Plaza was empty besides them and the Bosses of this mess. I still dont understand how Hope Plaza could have been taken over that easily in the first place. Taken over maybe, but what then? What they did was okay for the moment, but on the long run it was Bull. As I wrote before, almost nobody that lives in that World, would pass up the opportunity to bring stuff from Terra Nova back. So those Guys may just as well have approached the ones from Hope Plaza to make a Deal and therefor dont have to force theire way in there and now having to hold that position.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                              My guess was that he had no idea where exactly he should put the bomb, so my guess is he simply looked for somewhere, where the others wont get to it. Though good catch on the cutting mistake you guys. I noticed it too, but somehow I emmediatly ignored it and forgot about it until it was mentioned.

Those were Guards from the Phoenix Group.At that point Hope Plaza was empty besides them and the Bosses of this mess. I still dont understand how Hope Plaza could have been taken over that easily in the first place. Taken over maybe, but what then? What they did was okay for the moment, but on the long run it was Bull. As I wrote before, almost nobody that lives in that World, would pass up the opportunity to bring stuff from Terra Nova back. So those Guys may just as well have approached the ones from Hope Plaza to make a Deal and therefor dont have to force theire way in there and now having to hold that position.

Yeah, its a good hiding spot I suppose And I just subconcioussly ignored the continuinty errors too

Yeah, but I thought the radiation levels were high? Like really high? So they're taking a big rissk being there?
                              sigpic
                              Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
                                Yeah, its a good hiding spot I suppose And I just subconcioussly ignored the continuinty errors too

Yeah, but I thought the radiation levels were high? Like really high? So they're taking a big rissk being there?
                                First they invade Terra Nova, only after they are there, they learn that a fake story about the radiation leek has been put into place. Meaning that they did take over Hope Plaza while the Pilgrims where there. Though I would really love to know what was going on in 2149. Have they taken Hope Plaza hostage or did they force the others to play along and who are those Good Guys behind Hope Plaza anyway? Alot of Questions that I hope will be answered next Season.
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                                X