Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61
  1. #41
    Captain
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,440

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    I always thought the idea with a bomb was for it to explode, not disarm itself on a whim

  2. #42
    Captain StarSancFar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sanctuary lives on through us!
    Posts
    1,881

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian-S View Post
    Fast forward 5 minutes Jim returns, rips the cover off the pipe (again), picks up the bomb (again), arms it (again), then drops it and runs, now presumably in the gun fight, the bomb levitated by itself from it's balancing point on the edge of the pipe to the floor, and disarmed itself - no that's a clever bomb - or maybe Dino stopped off while looking for lunch and did it for him???

    OK, not finished yet, so Hope Plaza realises it's under attack, alarms go off and lots of bad boys go running round firing everywhere - so what do they do? ahha, fire up the portal, just incase LOL, remember the portal was shutdown after Jim came through.....
    Haha, I noticed he did the pipe thing twice What exactly was the pipe - did it lead to like a weak spot for an explosion or something?

    And also, I wondered why people were at HP, I thought there was a radiation leak so it was evacuated???
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

  3. #43
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by StarSancFar View Post
    Haha, I noticed he did the pipe thing twice What exactly was the pipe - did it lead to like a weak spot for an explosion or something?

    And also, I wondered why people were at HP, I thought there was a radiation leak so it was evacuated???
    My guess was that he had no idea where exactly he should put the bomb, so my guess is he simply looked for somewhere, where the others wont get to it. Though good catch on the cutting mistake you guys. I noticed it too, but somehow I emmediatly ignored it and forgot about it until it was mentioned.

    Those were Guards from the Phoenix Group.At that point Hope Plaza was empty besides them and the Bosses of this mess. I still dont understand how Hope Plaza could have been taken over that easily in the first place. Taken over maybe, but what then? What they did was okay for the moment, but on the long run it was Bull. As I wrote before, almost nobody that lives in that World, would pass up the opportunity to bring stuff from Terra Nova back. So those Guys may just as well have approached the ones from Hope Plaza to make a Deal and therefor dont have to force theire way in there and now having to hold that position.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  4. #44
    Captain StarSancFar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sanctuary lives on through us!
    Posts
    1,881

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    My guess was that he had no idea where exactly he should put the bomb, so my guess is he simply looked for somewhere, where the others wont get to it. Though good catch on the cutting mistake you guys. I noticed it too, but somehow I emmediatly ignored it and forgot about it until it was mentioned.

    Those were Guards from the Phoenix Group.At that point Hope Plaza was empty besides them and the Bosses of this mess. I still dont understand how Hope Plaza could have been taken over that easily in the first place. Taken over maybe, but what then? What they did was okay for the moment, but on the long run it was Bull. As I wrote before, almost nobody that lives in that World, would pass up the opportunity to bring stuff from Terra Nova back. So those Guys may just as well have approached the ones from Hope Plaza to make a Deal and therefor dont have to force theire way in there and now having to hold that position.


    Yeah, its a good hiding spot I suppose And I just subconcioussly ignored the continuinty errors too

    Yeah, but I thought the radiation levels were high? Like really high? So they're taking a big rissk being there?
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

  5. #45
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by StarSancFar View Post
    Yeah, its a good hiding spot I suppose And I just subconcioussly ignored the continuinty errors too

    Yeah, but I thought the radiation levels were high? Like really high? So they're taking a big rissk being there?
    First they invade Terra Nova, only after they are there, they learn that a fake story about the radiation leek has been put into place. Meaning that they did take over Hope Plaza while the Pilgrims where there. Though I would really love to know what was going on in 2149. Have they taken Hope Plaza hostage or did they force the others to play along and who are those Good Guys behind Hope Plaza anyway? Alot of Questions that I hope will be answered next Season.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  6. #46
    Captain StarSancFar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sanctuary lives on through us!
    Posts
    1,881

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    First they invade Terra Nova, only after they are there, they learn that a fake story about the radiation leek has been put into place. Meaning that they did take over Hope Plaza while the Pilgrims where there. Though I would really love to know what was going on in 2149. Have they taken Hope Plaza hostage or did they force the others to play along and who are those Good Guys behind Hope Plaza anyway? Alot of Questions that I hope will be answered next Season.
    Yeah, I would like to see more stories taking place in hope plaza And thanks for the explanation!
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

  7. #47
    Captain
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,440

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Thinking about it I don't think the bomb was related to the explosions we saw, but the scenery was blurred into one in the rush to convey so much info on screen in such a short space of time, plus tbh, I think most show writers/producers don't give the viewer enough credit to pick up on this stuff, The Moff is one of few the exceptions.

    Ignoring the continuity errors, my Spock part of me says it went like this:

    Jim arrives with bomb
    Jim arms and drops bomb into cooling duct(?) or safe hiding place.
    Jim shoots unidentified ducting when bad guys turn up (for second time)
    Jim runs for exit, several explosions get set off as a result of him shooting the duct.
    As Jim goes through the portal, or very shortly after, the Nuclear bomb goes off destroying Hope Plaza.

    I think that sums it up best seeing as even the most simple couch potato knows you can't outrun a (thermal nuclear?) blast wave, and considering they made such a big fuss about Lucas and co needing to be outside of the blast area before setting the bomb off earlier in the episode, I think it's safe so assume they couldn't/didn't change it's yield, so it had to be on a timer and unrelated to the explosions we saw.

    Would probably had been better to show Jim running for the portal, then a short 3 second shot of the bomb's countdown timer reaching 0, then a nice wide shot of Hope Plaza going up, then cut to the "did he get through the portal?" scene they showed, rather than the ambiguous way the did show it merging everything into one.

  8. #48
    Captain StarSancFar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sanctuary lives on through us!
    Posts
    1,881

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

  9. #49
    Captain StarSancFar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sanctuary lives on through us!
    Posts
    1,881

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian-S View Post
    Thinking about it I don't think the bomb was related to the explosions we saw, but the scenery was blurred into one in the rush to convey so much info on screen in such a short space of time, plus tbh, I think most show writers/producers don't give the viewer enough credit to pick up on this stuff, The Moff is one of few the exceptions.

    Ignoring the continuity errors, my Spock part of me says it went like this:

    Jim arrives with bomb
    Jim arms and drops bomb into cooling duct(?) or safe hiding place.
    Jim shoots unidentified ducting when bad guys turn up (for second time)
    Jim runs for exit, several explosions get set off as a result of him shooting the duct.
    As Jim goes through the portal, or very shortly after, the Nuclear bomb goes off destroying Hope Plaza.

    I think that sums it up best seeing as even the most simple couch potato knows you can't outrun a (thermal nuclear?) blast wave, and considering they made such a big fuss about Lucas and co needing to be outside of the blast area before setting the bomb off earlier in the episode, I think it's safe so assume they couldn't/didn't change it's yield, so it had to be on a timer and unrelated to the explosions we saw.

    Would probably had been better to show Jim running for the portal, then a short 3 second shot of the bomb's countdown timer reaching 0, then a nice wide shot of Hope Plaza going up, then cut to the "did he get through the portal?" scene they showed, rather than the ambiguous way the did show it merging everything into one.
    Yeah, I agree that they should have ended it like that, it would have given us a definitive answer and stop us frommm guessing - but then again maybe they want to leave it like that, so they can change their mind next season and say that it didn't explode etcetc

    And yeah I forgot that the nuclear bomb had that sort of a radius

    And did anyone else think the needle thing Jim's wife gave him was to kill a guard or person at Hope Plaza, not a dinosaur
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

  10. #50
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by StarSancFar View Post
    Yeah, I agree that they should have ended it like that, it would have given us a definitive answer and stop us frommm guessing - but then again maybe they want to leave it like that, so they can change their mind next season and say that it didn't explode etcetc

    And yeah I forgot that the nuclear bomb had that sort of a radius

    And did anyone else think the needle thing Jim's wife gave him was to kill a guard or person at Hope Plaza, not a dinosaur
    The way she said it sounded to me too as if whatever was in there is deadly and not something to wake up. Though I guess in a sufficiently high dose even adrenaline can kill you.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  11. #51
    Captain
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,440

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    I assumed it was to wake Mr Dino up, I doubt they'd have got away with sending a concious Dino through the portal, it would either have made a noise, or a mess of Jim.

  12. #52
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian-S View Post
    I assumed it was to wake Mr Dino up, I doubt they'd have got away with sending a concious Dino through the portal, it would either have made a noise, or a mess of Jim.
    Yeah, but we didnt know about the Dino at that point.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  13. #53

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    That was not a nuclear explosive. I guess, it was a sort of thermobaric weapon which produces a tremendous amount of heat and an intense shock-wave - after all, it was intended to be used at the Terra Nova site to quickly cleanse resource-rich areas from life, and not to make it uninhabitable for centuries. Enough to definitely cripple Hope Plaza beyond hope. The damage it caused must have been immense. Building a new Hope Plaza facility somewhere seems more efficient than trying to repair the existing one.

    Jim could have outran it, if the explosion took place deep inside the structure of the facility. It takes some time to propagate through the openings if the structural integrity of the building is high enough to withstand the pressure. When he dropped the device into that opening, it clearly sounded pretty damn deep.

  14. #54
    Captain StarSancFar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sanctuary lives on through us!
    Posts
    1,881

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    The way she said it sounded to me too as if whatever was in there is deadly and not something to wake up. Though I guess in a sufficiently high dose even adrenaline can kill you.
    I didn't think there was a creature with him in there, I just thought it was just the load the sixers were trying to get through the portal LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Varifold View Post
    That was not a nuclear explosive. I guess, it was a sort of thermobaric weapon which produces a tremendous amount of heat and an intense shock-wave - after all, it was intended to be used at the Terra Nova site to quickly cleanse resource-rich areas from life, and not to make it uninhabitable for centuries. Enough to definitely cripple Hope Plaza beyond hope. The damage it caused must have been immense. Building a new Hope Plaza facility somewhere seems more efficient than trying to repair the existing one.

    Jim could have outran it, if the explosion took place deep inside the structure of the facility. It takes some time to propagate through the openings if the structural integrity of the building is high enough to withstand the pressure. When he dropped the device into that opening, it clearly sounded pretty damn deep.
    Ah yes, it can't be nuclear then - like you say they didn't want to scotch the earth, they wanted to get rid of dino's And yeah, it would take a little while for the explosion to take effect
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

  15. #55
    Captain
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,440

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian-S View Post
    I assumed it was to wake Mr Dino up, I doubt they'd have got away with sending a concious Dino through the portal, it would either have made a noise, or a mess of Jim.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    Yeah, but we didnt know about the Dino at that point.
    But they did, that was the whole plan, substitute the package for one of their own and send one person along to do the fine details, that's why they went to all the trouble of swapping over the carriage labels onto "their" package. Dino was the decoy that allowed Jim to plant the bomb, but to send him through on the quiet he had to be sedated, and Jim's little(ish) needle full of adrenaline was to wake him up at the destination, that's the way I understood it.

  16. #56
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,506

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian-S View Post
    But they did, that was the whole plan, substitute the package for one of their own and send one person along to do the fine details, that's why they went to all the trouble of swapping over the carriage labels onto "their" package. Dino was the decoy that allowed Jim to plant the bomb, but to send him through on the quiet he had to be sedated, and Jim's little(ish) needle full of adrenaline was to wake him up at the destination, that's the way I understood it.
    Okay, I might just have missed something, but I had no idea about the Dino till they actually opened the Cargo and then I was like "When the heck did they have time for this?!?"
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  17. #57
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,126

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    I could not take him as a leader. Just too unbelievable. And what about Mira she was not that believable either. Lucas was like he had PMS random screaming and then not, but that's not his fault it was the lousy script the actor was given. As for Mira she was just a jumble of over the top cliches IMHO......

    They should dump that whole 6ers, bad guys army plot altogether, say they all got killed off in the badlands and explore that side of the story. Perhaps the badlands are like a cosmic junkyard where random things from different times get dumped and not just from Earth, but random parts of our galaxy, and random time periods. Maybe they can find a hole leading back to 2149 or just explore the badlands and the conditions there ..... All the other current B plots should be either wound up or dumped.

  18. #58
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,188

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I could not take him as a leader. Just too unbelievable. And what about Mira she was not that believable either. Lucas was like he had PMS random screaming and then not, but that's not his fault it was the lousy script the actor was given. As for Mira she was just a jumble of over the top cliches IMHO......

    They should dump that whole 6ers, bad guys army plot altogether, say they all got killed off in the badlands and explore that side of the story. Perhaps the badlands are like a cosmic junkyard where random things from different times get dumped and not just from Earth, but random parts of our galaxy, and random time periods. Maybe they can find a hole leading back to 2149 or just explore the badlands and the conditions there ..... All the other current B plots should be either wound up or dumped.
    For someone who wasn't going to watch the show...you sure know a lot about it.

  19. #59
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,126

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    For someone who wasn't going to watch the show...you sure know a lot about it.
    I said the finale got me interested again. Why wasn't the whole series like this They only start getting good in the finale..... I like my idea about the badlands

  20. #60
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,188

    Default Re: Theory about the finale SPOILERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I said the finale got me interested again. Why wasn't the whole series like this They only start getting good in the finale..... I like my idea about the badlands
    BUT....if you weren't going to watch the show...like you vowed earlier...you wouldn't have seen the finale!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. It isn't over(spoilers through Space-Finale)
    By major davis in forum Stargate Universe
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 11th, 2010, 04:15 PM
  2. Theory of Ron Moore's cameo in the finale.
    By dec55 in forum Battlestar Galactica
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2009, 08:04 PM
  3. A theory (Spoilers 307)
    By Spawn3418 in forum Heroes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 23rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
  4. The Others - a Theory (spoilers welcome)
    By YodaMate in forum LOST
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 27th, 2007, 09:55 AM
  5. Series 3/29 Finale Theory-Spoilers
    By MasySyma in forum Doctor Who
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: March 9th, 2007, 08:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •