X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF they were to start Firefly again...

What do you think would happen since they

Spoiler:
    Since they killed the Shepherd and Wash?

Would they continue on, or would it be something that takes place during the timeline of the first season, but before Serenity?
    sigpic
    Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Joss Whedon likes the idea of unexpectedly killing off main characters. If there had been more Firefly, it would have simply been Serenity 2. As for the show having a first season, it wasn't on long enough to have seasons. There is simply the series.

Comment

I know that. I was saying IF they were to restart the series, when would it take place. So, if they made Serenity II, when would it take place? A continuation from where the movie left off?
      sigpic
      Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think we discussed it in an old thread, but I do believe that Joss Whedon has stated that if Serenity 2 were done, it would be a sequel and he's already worked out how Wash and Book would return without it being through flashbacks or dream sequences.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
          I know that. I was saying IF they were to restart the series, when would it take place. So, if they made Serenity II, when would it take place? A continuation from where the movie left off?
          The series will never return to television due to problems between FOX and Joss Whedon. As for a second movie, unlikely though possible. When would it take place? After the second movie, naturally.

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          he's already worked out how Wash and Book would return without it being through flashbacks or dream sequences.
          They're dead. Unless they're going to return as clones, via time-travel or a parallel world, how exactly are they to return? Regardless, isn't Joss Whedon known for killing off central characters in his TV shows so the audience realizes that no one is safe on the show?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            The series will never return to television due to problems between FOX and Joss Whedon. As for a second movie, unlikely though possible. When would it take place? After the second movie, naturally.

They're dead. Unless they're going to return as clones, via time-travel or a parallel world, how exactly are they to return? Regardless, isn't Joss Whedon known for killing off central characters in his TV shows so the audience realizes that no one is safe on the show?
            He's known for killing them off but ends up bringing them back. Buffy died and came back, Angel died and came back, Spike died and came back, Winifred died and came back (sort of), he killed off Wash and Book and as I remember it has a way to bring them back, that's three of his created shows. The fourth (Dollhouse) not sure on because I've not seen the second (it's last) season so who knows who he killed off and planned to bring back during it.

It's a bit anti-climactic really.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X