If you arrived to the party late....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you arrived to the party late....

as in got into SG1 after late in the series or after it was over, tell us how you happened upon it?

Me, I had seen the movie in the theater. I never watched the series because I didnt have Showtime at the time. When it came on Sy fy, I wasnt interested. I couldnt get how they could make an entire series about a gate. I figured it would be Star Trek without the ships. Then Atlantis came along, and I was shaking my head thinking 'Really?'

Fast forward to last July. The wife and I had just finished BSG, and were looking for another series to watch. We were in a video store, looking for anything. SG1 caught my eye. I had no idea the show ran for 10 seasons. The wife and I figured if it ran that long, it had to be decent. So, I found the movie, grabbed it, and grabbed season 1. We bought them, brought them home, and my wife, after watching and enjoying the movie had the same reaction to the idea of the show that I did...How could they make an entire series off of it? So, we started the series, and were hooked. We own the entire series, the 3 movies, and the first 2 seasons of Atlantis.

So, what is your story?
    sigpic
    Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Reruns of SG1 used to air late at night on the local channels. My dad and brother thought it was cool and my mom thought I might be a bit young for it (the occasional icky parts, anyway), but I loved it. Then my dad would borrow the early season DVDs from a friend at work, and I would slyly peek in his car to see if he'd brought them home on Mondays. It was so much fun.

Whoops, I guess that isn't quite arriving to the party late. >_> Sorry!
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

^^^

If you watched reruns, then that is arriving late to the party. lol
      sigpic
      Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

On a complete whim! I kinda-sorta knew the original film (in truth I had only watched it because I loved Boston Legal and my dad was like "Hey it's James Spader!") but knew nothing of the series. I'd it in passing probably hundreds of times on Sci-Fi/Syfy channel, since I would always watch X-Files, Doctor Who, and Star Trek reruns on there.

It wasn't until I decided I wanted something to do my first year of college; some writing project that wouldn't have anything to do with school but would still keep me on my toes, and I saw that season one SG-1 DVD sitting on the library shelf, and I had this feeling. I had a feeling I would enjoy it.

That was September.

It is now December, and I am in the process of re-watching Season One with my folks (er, skipping a couple episodes, I confess) while blogging Season Five. (:

These were my thoughts just before starting the series...

Comment

well i saw the original movie on tv about 10 years ago.

then two years ago my roommate found out that i liked sci-fi and was like "you have to watch stargate". so i finally gave in and decided to watch atantis since it was only 5 seasons and i was in college, so not much free time. i of course loved sga and finished all of it a few months. because of the way that it ends (serious how can they end it there?) i decided i'd watch a few episodes of sg-1 since i was now on winter break. well that didn't work i ended up watching all 10 seasons and movies lol. i then decided to watch sgu, so i watched the first season quickly and second season live. now i just wish for more stargate .
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X