Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still say it was too "magical".
    sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Well personally, I liked the ep .... it was light and lovely as a Christmas special ... i wasn't expecting a serious season arc type of show .... just some plain DR fun!

Being a Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe fan .... the Chronichles are an awesome collection of books. A tribute to Lewis was fun.

and yes, i shed a tear at the end!

teehee!!
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

My little girl kept asking me "Where are the bad guys, who is he fighting"?
        sigpic
        Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

I finally got to watch this Christmas special

In fact I was also expecting some bad guys

"Happy and crying"
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
            My little girl kept asking me "Where are the bad guys, who is he fighting"?
            Why must there always be some evil villain? In real life it's more often a tragic happenstance or random event that most challenges us.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Having rewatched this today, I have one question. Have we forgotten:
              "Rose, there's a man alive in the world who wasn't alive before. An ordinary man: that's the most important thing in creation. The whole world's different because he's alive!"

Comment

I think they excused themselves from having to constantly deal with the Reapers with the whole 'Fixed Points vs. Time in Flux' thing they came up with. It's like the time travel writer's Get Out Of Jail Free card.

They can just say that Rose's Dad dying was a fixed point, while Reg Atwell wasn't.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                  I think they excused themselves from having to constantly deal with the Reapers with the whole 'Fixed Points vs. Time in Flux' thing they came up with. It's like the time travel writer's Get Out Of Jail Free card.

They can just say that Rose's Dad dying was a fixed point, while Reg Atwell wasn't.
                  I suppose, given what happened in the parallel world (and thus ultimately Cybus) it could be considered a fairly fixed point (if the universe somehow knows the alternative).

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post

Of course, we already saw the resolution in "Fires of Pompeii". I'm just being forgetful. The event was the eruption which he couldn't stop - saving one family was "allowed". Pete Tyler's death was an event, whereas the father's death at Christmas clearly wasn't.

Comment

While I'm very late to the commenting party, I would like to point out something to those who were complaining about the lack of science in this episode.

More than once, the Doctor did, in fact, start to give a scientific explanation of things going on, realized what he was saying was not being understood in the least, stopped himself, and then gave a more dumbed-down version that did come across as more like magic than science.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Maybe one of the weaker storys. But 'd enjoyed it anyway. And yes, I did cry in the end (well, I think there was'nt a Chrismas Special, I did not, in fact).

For this whole some things are fix in times some not... Maybe it's got to do something with the knowledge he's got about things: He could'nt save Rose's dad, because he knew he had been dad, before he went there with Rose. He couldn't save Pompeii, because he, of course, what would happen. But saving strangers, he didn't know anything about, before he went to to the past and met them, is alright, because he can't be sure if they realy would have died. that might be the reason, why he could save the family, because it wasn't said, that this particular family died in the fires of pompeii. Don't know... just an idea. You might say it's absolutly silly. :-)
                        Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Interesting episode, and I loved the parallels to Star Wars. Especially the way the ship was shown from stem to stern in the beginning of the episode, and the walking harvester thing that reminded me a lot of the SW walkers.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X