No announcement yet.

My Lost Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Other 48 Days: Best. Lost. Episode. Ever.
    Review: I LOVE episodes like these that count days and show how people progress. It's awesome. Just like Voyager's "Year of Hell". Okay, so this episode basically squeezes together the Tailie version of Season 1 and gives their backstory more coherently than the scraps of dialogue and references from the last three episodes.
    Best character of ep: Goodwin(nice spy).
    Worst character of ep: Ana-Lucia Cortez.
    Discovery of ep: The history of the tail-section survivors.
    *Day 1: It is a quiet nice day on the Island... the wind blows. But then a bunch of airplane seats fall down along with Oceanic Flight 815. The plane separates and the tail-section falls into the water. Ana-Lucia swims up and with impaired vision, quickly notices the chaos around her. She keeps her shock contained and swims to the beach. Mr. Eko, wearing a suit(so that's where his shirt came from) is busy dragging bodies, alive, unconscious and dead to the beach(amongst them is a woman similar to Rose). Ana-Lucia helps Eko. Eko gets a boy out of the water and rescues his sister as well. The girl is unconscious but Ana-Lucia resuscitates her and promises her to get her to Los Angeles soon. After everybody calms down Eko leaves the children with Cindy and continues the body retrieval(why not before, the "bodies" might suffocate from the water). A man named Donald has a seriously broken leg and Libby fortunately manages to set it right. Suddenly, a guy runs out of the jungle and yells that someone else is in the jungle. Ana-Lucia goes with him only to find Bernard perched on the tree with a dead body. She convinces the shocked-to-death Bernard to grab a branch before the seats fall down. In the afternoon, the Redhead tries to make signal fire and introduces himself as Goodwin(poor guy he's gonna die horribly). Bernard asks Eko about whether Rose was among the dead bodies. Fortunately she wasn't. Eko prays for Rose and the rescue planes and all of them. In the night, the Tailies hear sounds of struggling and muffled yells from the jungle. Goodwin and Ana-Lucia go into the jungle to investigate(They make a good pair). They find two dead Natives and a blood-covered Eko. Apparently they tried to take him.
    *Day 2: Ana-Lucia thorougly examines the Native corpses. They wear no shoes and have nothing with them. Eko is left mentally scarred by the incident and takes off his bloody shirt(so that's why his shirt was so dirty). He also breaks off a tree branch and makes a new weapon out of it for further protection. Mental and physical. At this moment, a redshirt runs out of the jungle and reports that the Natives took three other people, all strong and muscular like Eko. Ana-Lucia deduces that the Natives were on the Island before the Tailies. She plans to leave the beach as the Natives know where they are, but the redshirt argues against her(wow he really wants to die) and protests that they have kids and injured people with them and that they have no idea where they'd be going, not to mention the signal fire(that never really helps anybody except as an excuse). Ana-Lucia tries to claim that they don't need the fire for the rescue to find them. This excuse blows when Cindy reveals that the plane was two hours off course(that info was the only reason the producers allowed her to survive the crash).
    *Day 3: The Tailies are gathering rocks while Ana-Lucia turns her jacket into a waistcoat. Libby comes to her and tells her that the infection on Donald's leg is getting worse and that "he'll be the fourth to go"(wow the middle-section guys were so lucky). Ana-Lucia takes the news coldly.
    *Day 5: The Tailies hold a funeral for the late Donald. Eko, still not speaking, stays away and looks at the ocean, thinking deeply(from the number of graves, I'd say that 9 people including Donald are dead, but I guess that's the dead bodies from the plane too).
    *Day 7: In a hilarious sequence, some Tailies are trying to grab a chicken who doesn't want to be caught(Yakety Sax would've fitted here). Fortunately, Goodwin succeeds and the Tailies have a tasty lunch. Eko is carving something onto his Branch-Stick. Libby comes and offers him chicken. She tries to convince him that the death of the two Natives wasn't his fault but Eko won't listen(his silence was referred in the previous ep).
    *Day 12: In order to protect themselves from the Natives, the Tailies use metal boomerangs to construct makeshift weapons for themselves. Ana-Lucia claims she heard a pig(a boar) and expresses hope for bacon. The children are in jovial mood. After this, Nathan(the suicidal redshirt) returns from the jungle after peeing alone. Ana-Lucia berates him for going alone(seriously does he wanna die?). Night approaches and a group of Natives show up on the beach(quietly). Suddenly, over half of the group get grabbed including the children and fight for their lives!! The ungrabbed join in and the battle is joined. Ana-Lucia goes into a rage and kills one of the Natives. All the others vanish along with over nine Tailies including both children. The chaos ends shortly after that. Ana-Lucia interrogates the corpse and discover two objects from her pocket(wow, so much for "nothing in their pockets"). A knife and a list of 9 Tailies and what the look like. Exactly the people taken. Ana-Lucia deduces(wow she's a good detective) that there is a Native spy among the group(that fits. Ethan was a Native spy in the middle section). Eko returns, angrily(and wordlessly) confirming that he couldn't find any tracks or signs despite the struggles of 9 people. Ana-Lucia breaks and yells at him. Nathan tries to calm her down but Ana-Lucia immediately starts saying evidence implicating Nathan as the spy(too obvious) such as the fact that he was away peeing for two hours. Goodwin finally shuts her up and the rest of the Tailies start making more reasonable plans. Bernard questions the point of infiltrating the Tailies while Libby brings forth the main thing: they have to leave the beach before more attacks occur. Goodwin now agrees with them and the pointless signal fire goes out.
    *Day 15: The remaining Tailies(now much more similar to the scared, paranoid group we found in Orientation) trek through the jungle. Nathan goes to take a break at the river. Apparently, Ana-Lucia has already established the Five-Minutes rule, but Nathan and Bernard question her. Again(why is he so obsessed about being killed off in the show, is he trying to be a special redshirt?). Ana-Lucia doesn't question the others and the group make the area around the stream, rock and fruits their new home.
    *Day 17: Ana-Lucia is digging a pit. Libby comes and wonders whether one of them is a Native. Ana-Lucia agrees with her suspicions. Libby also states that Nathan is creepy, obviously suspecting him(too obvious. But it fooled me the first time around).
    *Day 19: In order to catch rabbits, Bernard and Nathan are constructing a rabbit trap of some sort until Ana-Lucia comes and hits Nathan in the face with her leg(ooh revenge time?). She throws him into the pit and firmly states that Nathan is the spy. The plane was in the air for two hours(no they were going in the wrong direction for two hours) and she didn't see him. Libby and Cindy back this up with also not seeing him and his creepiness while Bernard and Goodwin question the Girl Team(seriously, they are going too far). Eko remains neutral, but disapproves. Night comes and Ana-Lucia starts interrogating Nathan about his home and the location of the children(she's worse than Kate seriously). Nathan replies that he comes from Canada(just like Ethan. They even have a similar name it is way too obvious... unless Nathan is his brother). Nathan also claims that no one saw him on the plane because he was in the lavatory(what's with this redshirt and two-hour toilet trips?). Ana-Lucia isn't convinced.
    *Day 23: (Oh for god's sake...) Ana-Lucia is STILL interrogating Nathan about the children. Nathan has stopped talking. She also finds that Nathan has got a banana from someone(Eko). Ana-Lucia goes to find out who did and Bernard continues to question the existence of a spy. She eventually finds out that Eko supplied Nathan food. Ana-Lucia continues to provide evidence that Nathan is the culprit by claiming that it was his idea to stay at the beach and Libby backs it up by saying that the Natives haven't come ever since Nathan was in the pit(you mean ever since you went into the jungle. Paranoia starting, eh?). Later, Goodwin goes to Ana-Lucia where she reveals her motivation: her promise to the girl to return her to Los Angeles to her mother. Goodwin(who appears to be the brain of the Tailies) tries to convince her to let Nathan go because they aren't savages. Ana-Lucia instead declares that if they were savages, they'd be cutting off Nathan's fingers. And that's tomorrow. Not willing to let Ana-Lucia torture people, Goodwin opens the pit in the night to let Nathan go and supplies him with food and the location of the beach. Nathan leaves to go but Goodwin suddenly breaks his neck(GOODWIN's the spy?! Wait, that actually explains "Remember Goodwin?")!!
    *Day 24: Ana-Lucia wakes up to find Goodwin already awake and staring at her. Suddenly, Cindy runs out of the jungle and tells her that Nathan is gone. Ana-Lucia takes this as confirmation that the Natives how found them again and the Tailies go on the move again.
    *Day 26: The Tailies trek through the jungle, now almost entirely the group from Abandoned. They arrive at a beach and take a break.
    *Day 27: During another trip, the Tailies come across a wooden door(that reads Quarantine from the inside like the Swan) that leads to some sort of bunker. Goodwin looks at the door with a confused expression like others(so the Natives don't know about the place). To confirm whether it belongs to the Natives, Eko opens the door, but it's completely deserted. There's nothing but a few decaying rooms, a couple of boxes and some lamps. The Tailies arrive in it and a mark designates it as another DHARMA station. The station appears to have much less use and Goodwin theorizes it to be a storage facility. The Tailies open one of the boxes to find a Bible, a glass eye and a radio(and some blankets)!! Libby and Ana take an interest in the eye while Eko is absorbed in the Bible(I guess Day 1 was a spiritual experience for him). Bernard finds the radio so the Tailies go outside for a chance to get off the Island. Unfortunately, the hills block the signal so Ana-Lucia and Goodwin march up. Goodwin tries to shake her off but it doesn't work. On the way, Ana-Lucia wonders aloud why the Natives constantly attack the Tailies. She also wonders why some are taken and others are not. Goodwin gives odd responses. The two take a break and Ana-Lucia points out that the knife is an old-design US military knife, confusing Goodwin. Finally, Ana-Lucia reveals that she knows of Goodwin's true status as a Native, because Goodwin was dry when they crashed. Goodwin himself falls silent and doesn't respond to Ana-Lucia's questions. Eventually, though he explains that he killed Nathan to protect his cover and because Nathan was a bad person(explaining his attitude and evading questions) and that the children are safe and given a better life. Unable to contain herself, Ana-Lucia attacks Goodwin. The two roll down the hill where Ana-Lucia grabs her stick and impales Goodwin when he runs towards her. She pushes Goodwin away and he dies(in a different place than when Jin found him. Very fast plant growth?). Goodwin is left out there and Ana-Lucia returns to the others with the radio and says that they are safe now.
    Last edited by rushy; 04 June 2012, 10:42 AM.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

*Day 41: Bernard is using the radio despite the small chance of contact and batter conservation. However, suddenly a voice comes through the radio saying mayday and that he's a survivor of Flight 815(BOONE!!). However, Ana-Lucia shuts down the radio, claiming that it's the Natives trying to trap them again(Moron).
      *Day 45: Libby and Cindy are fishing but discover a body in the water. The body happens to be our Korean Jin. Jin is tied up and interrogated. Despite Ana-Lucia's protests, Libby, Bernard and Eko all believe him to be harmless. Suddenly, Jin breaks free and runs to the beach where he finds Michael and James(And finally we catch up to the episodes). Eko knocks the trio up and they are dragged to the pit. In order to discover the true identity of the trio, Ana-Lucia is hit by Eko and thrown in the pit(NOTE: This is the final scene that isn't archive footage.). Ana-Lucia steals Nick's gun and is pulled out again.
      *Day 46: The trio are pulled out from the pit and Ana-Lucia takes them to the DHARMA storage station where Bernard and Libby wait.
      *Day 47: The Tailies leave the storage station and decide to head to the far safer main camp. Their long trip through the jungle takes them to the quarry where Eko observes that Nick will probably collapse soon and the Tailies go through the jungle to easen the journey. James does collapse and Bernard, Eko and Michael are forced to build a stretcher to carry him.
      *Day 48 "Today": The Tailies discover that Cindy is missing and that the Natives have somehow taken her as well. Continuing their way, the group hear the Whispers again. Ana-Lucia waves her gun around, trying to locate the source of the creepy voices. Suddenly, Shannon stumbles through the jungle and Ana-Lucia shoots on instinct. In a few seconds, Ana-Lucia realizes that their only chance of reunion is lost now. Shannon dies in Sayid's arms and the Tailies watch in shock and horror. Jin turns to Michael who has an equally grim expression. With anger and despair, Sayid rises(uh oh)...
      Creepiest thing in the episode: The Natives.
      Coolest thing in the episode: The episode.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Yeah, it takes more then two posts to accurately review this episode. I personally find it interesting and amazing that they manage to showcase the entire life of the tailies in one episode, showcasing their personalities, the stuff they explored and what they went through; sort of like an alternate version of the Lost crew.

You can just imagine how many posts I'd have to split my review of the pilot into, it's 3,000 posts long not counting the images and formatting; anyways nice review, keep it up!
        Back from the grave.

Comment

Collision: The great finale to the Tailie saga and a great episode.
          Review: This officially ends the story of the Tailies and brings the main characters back to where they belong. Sayid and Ana-Lucia get a lot of character development, despite Ana's apparent insanity.
          Best character of ep: Super-Doc.
          Worst character of ep: Shannon*deceased*(the corpse doesn't look right).
          Discovery of ep: Ana-Lucia can be more crazier than Rousseau, James will probably survive.
          Primary Storyline: Sayid and Eko get into a big fight. Ana-Lucia knocks Sayid out and starts to boss around more than usual(listen to Eko, the sensible guy!!). She has Sayid tied up to a tree. Being sensible, Eko takes the deteriorating Nick back to camp where Jack starts curing him. Jack and Locke discuss the next action, but seeing the tons of guns, Eko refuses to take anyone back. This strategy fails when Michael shows up, ready to take Jack(pretty armed) back there. Eko convinces Jack to come without any guns involved. Meanwhile, Ana-Lucia lets Jin, Bernard and Libby go back to their camp. Bernard, Jin and Libby are all welcomed(best scene in a long time). Jin and Sun get reunited as do Bernard and Rose. Ana and Sayid solve their problems alone and Ana lets him go. Jack arrives to find Ana-Lucia alone. The two remember each other from the bar and realize the mistakes they've both done as the two groups(one infinitely smaller than the other) are finally reunited.
          Secondary Storyline: Ana-Lucia practises and returns finally to police duty. She argues with her mother against a desk job and instead goes on patrol where she over-acts in a situation where some guy is stealing a TV from a woman with a crying baby. She returns to the police to discover that the guy who shot her was captured. She chose to let him go and kill him personally later(I quote the US Marshal: "She's dangerous.").
          Creepiest thing in the episode: Ana-Lucia.
          Coolest thing in the episode: The final reunion.

Comment

Once again, sorry for the break, but I'm on vacation. When it's over, I'll make reviews every Tuesday, okay?

Comment

Oops.
              Forgot to continue this.
              I'll be back as soon as I can.
              Who remembers the existence of this thread, raise your hand.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                Look I'm not coming back here until someone replies, OK?
                Lol I've only just seen this.You like lost don't you?
                I'am stuck at the moment halfway through season two because I dont have the other half on dvd yet so I don't want to start rewatching season three until I finish two.
                I want to watch it all in order as I have never done so, I have seen them all just not in the right order.
                I am hoping to get some questions answered by myself by watching it this way before taking to the forums
                Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Ok, then I'll definitely continue.
                  I have it up to season 4 on DVD.

Comment

please do my friend as I need as much info on the backend of season two as possible

Comment

Get to it then I am waiting here....lol I joke of course but I am looking forward to reading them.

Comment

To newcomers(aka sgelite) note that I have some nicknames made for main characters that I use so don't get confused if someone called "Nick" shows up cos it's Sawyer. It stands for "nickname".

Also, each season I add a little something to spice the review up. In Season 2 I added "discovery of the episode", for instance.
                        Just to make it clear. Enjoy.

Comment

What Kate Did: ANOTHER KATE EP. We're screwed.
                          Review: Booooring and pooooointless. This is one of those episodes that I skip. Always. Not much plot is added, all we learn is that Kate killed his drunk dad. Okay. Fine. Can you send her to jail already?
                          Best character of ep: US Marshal.
                          Worst character of ep: Kate.
                          Discovery of ep: James is possessed by Kate's dad. Riiight.
                          Primary Storyline: Whilst taking care of the still-recovering James, Kate starts seeing a horse in the jungle. Meanwhile, the Losties finally bury Shannon(I am actually a little sad). Hate returns to the Hatch to look after James, only for him to attack her, asking why she killed him(uh-huh). She then runs off really scared and Super-Doc + Boldy arrive at the final second to save the day and push the button. Jin gets his handcuff finally off thanks to Boldy Jack finds Hate in the jungle and the two have a romantic moment(I hate this ep) and then she runs off. Back at the Hatch(the GOOD part of the plot), Locke shows the Black duo the orientation film. Eko then reveals that he has a portion of the film which contains a warning not to use the computer for contact with the outside world. Kate talks to James and confirms that Wayne isn't inside James(thank god). The two go for a walk and a disappointed Nick finds out that the Losties are still stuck on the island. And then Jack and Ana-Lucia have a romantic moment together(end my misery). And then Michael somehow(SOMEHOW) manages to contact Walt on the computer. Oh, and James can see Kate's horse.
                          Secondary Storyline: Kate kills her drunk dad, runs away, gets caught and escapes(I am too disheartened by the Kate ep I can't bother to write more)thanks to the black horse.
                          Creepiest thing in the episode: Kate.
                          Coolest thing in the episode: The Swan computer.

Comment

What Kate Did: ANOTHER KATE EP. We're screwed.
                            Review: Booooring and pooooointless. This is one of those episodes that I skip. Always. Not much plot is added, all we learn is that Kate killed his drunk dad. Okay. Fine. Can you send her to jail already?
                            Best character of ep: US Marshal.
                            Worst character of ep: Kate.
                            Discovery of ep: James is possessed by Kate's dad. Riiight.
                            Primary Storyline: Whilst taking care of the still-recovering James, Kate starts seeing a horse in the jungle. Meanwhile, the Losties finally bury Shannon(I am actually a little sad). Hate returns to the Hatch to look after James, only for him to attack her, asking why she killed him(uh-huh). She then runs off really scared and Super-Doc + Boldy arrive at the final second to save the day and push the button. Jin gets his handcuff finally off thanks to Boldy Jack finds Hate in the jungle and the two have a romantic moment(I hate this ep) and then she runs off. Back at the Hatch(the GOOD part of the plot), Locke shows the Black duo the orientation film. Eko then reveals that he has a portion of the film which contains a warning not to use the computer for contact with the outside world. Kate talks to James and confirms that Wayne isn't inside James(thank god). The two go for a walk and a disappointed Nick finds out that the Losties are still stuck on the island. And then Jack and Ana-Lucia have a romantic moment together(end my misery). And then Michael somehow(SOMEHOW) manages to contact Walt on the computer. Oh, and James can see Kate's horse.
                            Secondary Storyline: Kate kills her drunk dad, runs away, gets caught and escapes(I am too disheartened by the Kate ep I can't bother to write more)thanks to the black horse.
                            Creepiest thing in the episode: Kate.
                            Coolest thing in the episode: The Swan computer.
                            So not one of your favourite episodes then.
                            I think I got most of the nicknames, I get your style of thinking it seems lol.
                            This is brilliant for me as this is the point on in season two I haven't watched so keep them coming and try to keep the important island stuff detailed, I the secondary story are exactly that, secondary.
                            I am not saying don't write about them just keep the actual island stuff flowing, I think you know what I mean.
                            I have season three sitting there waiting to watch but I can't find the second half of season two at the moment so the better these are the quicker I can start season three..yay!!! I salute you rushy.

Comment

The 23rd Psalm: better late than never.
                              Review: Awesome episode, very good acting from mr. Eko. Really enjoyed it.
                              Best character of ep: The Monster.
                              Worst character of ep: The stupid guy in the first flashback.
                              Discovery of ep: The Beechcraft belongs to Eko's people.
                              Primary Storyline: Eko discovers that Charlie has some Virgin Mary statues and quickly deduces that they are identical to the one he used to conceal heroin in. He breaks up Charlie's relationship with Claire(talk about overreacting, Claire) and forces Charlie to take him to the Beechcraft. The two travel through the jungle, up the hills and down the hills until they just happen to meet the Monster(the flying black smoke thing) that runs an X-Ray on Eko. Whilst trekkin', Eko and Charlie come across the corpse of a dead "priest"(the same one Locke and Boone found) and Eko claims it to be his savior(???). So... Eko and Charlie eventually reach the plane, Eko finds his dead brother and then decides to burn the plane(totally effective). And we find out that Charlie has a big stash of heroin. oh and he breaks up with Claire.
                              Secondary Storyline: Eko is kidnapped from his Nigerian village, grows up to be a warlord and confronts his priest brother Yemi. He blackmails Yemi into helping him smuggle out heroin and in the mayhem, Yemi gets shot. His corpse and Eko's "buddy" leave Nigeria, leaving Eko to take over as priest.
                              Creepiest thing in the episode: Heroin.
                              Coolest thing in the episode: The Beechcraft burning.

Comment

The 23rd Psalm: better late than never.
                                Review: Awesome episode, very good acting from mr. Eko. Really enjoyed it.
                                Best character of ep: The Monster.
                                Worst character of ep: The stupid guy in the first flashback.
                                Discovery of ep: The Beechcraft belongs to Eko's people.
                                Primary Storyline: Eko discovers that Charlie has some Virgin Mary statues and quickly deduces that they are identical to the one he used to conceal heroin in. He breaks up Charlie's relationship with Claire(talk about overreacting, Claire) and forces Charlie to take him to the Beechcraft. The two travel through the jungle, up the hills and down the hills until they just happen to meet the Monster(the flying black smoke thing) that runs an X-Ray on Eko. Whilst trekkin', Eko and Charlie come across the corpse of a dead "priest"(the same one Locke and Boone found) and Eko claims it to be his savior(???). So... Eko and Charlie eventually reach the plane, Eko finds his dead brother and then decides to burn the plane(totally effective). And we find out that Charlie has a big stash of heroin. oh and he breaks up with Claire.
                                Secondary Storyline: Eko is kidnapped from his Nigerian village, grows up to be a warlord and confronts his priest brother Yemi. He blackmails Yemi into helping him smuggle out heroin and in the mayhem, Yemi gets shot. His corpse and Eko's "buddy" leave Nigeria, leaving Eko to take over as priest.
                                Creepiest thing in the episode: Heroin.
                                Coolest thing in the episode: The Beechcraft burning.
                                Cheers buddy, keep them coming.
                                I actually remember that episode as I was reading it so well done you, lol look forward to the next instalment.
                                How long till the end of season two now?

Comment

Working...
                                X