I just want to branch off of fifth's thread here for the sake of protecting people from potential spoilers for upcoming episodes (if they follow the comics).
So I'm all caught up on the comics now, and I have thoughts I'd like to share with anyone else reading:
- I'm so very surprised that Shane is still alive on the TV show when he dies so early on in the comics. I wonder if they mean TV-Shane to be kind of an amalgam of comic-Shane and comic-Tyreese.
- Rick learns that the bites just kill you--but everyone is infected and will come back as a walker after they're dead. Is anyone else thinking that this may be what the CDC doctor revealed to Rick in the Season 1 finale?
- Michonne and the Governor are both awesome characters. I wonder if we'll ever get to see them in the show. And if we do, who would play them?
- Comic-Carl has gotten to be tough as nails, hardened to the world. It's so sad, but so incredibly compelling to read. I hope the TV series does this too.
- When the comic characters left Hershel's farm, they set up camp in the prison....isn't this just a perfect direction to go in if AMC is trying to force them to take things indoors?
- the ending of the Made to Suffer arc--the one where like 3/4 of the characters die in a single issue--holy friggin' hell. What a terrific issue that was. I hope the show can do it too!