Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoilerific COMIC discussion thread (also spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilerific COMIC discussion thread (also spoilers for all aired episodes)

I just want to branch off of fifth's thread here for the sake of protecting people from potential spoilers for upcoming episodes (if they follow the comics).

So I'm all caught up on the comics now, and I have thoughts I'd like to share with anyone else reading:

• I'm so very surprised that Shane is still alive on the TV show when he dies so early on in the comics. I wonder if they mean TV-Shane to be kind of an amalgam of comic-Shane and comic-Tyreese.
    • Rick learns that the bites just kill you--but everyone is infected and will come back as a walker after they're dead. Is anyone else thinking that this may be what the CDC doctor revealed to Rick in the Season 1 finale?
    • Michonne and the Governor are both awesome characters. I wonder if we'll ever get to see them in the show. And if we do, who would play them?
    • Comic-Carl has gotten to be tough as nails, hardened to the world. It's so sad, but so incredibly compelling to read. I hope the TV series does this too.
    • When the comic characters left Hershel's farm, they set up camp in the prison....isn't this just a perfect direction to go in if AMC is trying to force them to take things indoors?
    • the ending of the Made to Suffer arc--the one where like 3/4 of the characters die in a single issue--holy friggin' hell. What a terrific issue that was. I hope the show can do it too!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Yeah, the comic has definitely been something very special. So many good ideas for the show to choose from. I really do hope we see the prison story next though. That would be amazing IMO.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Agreed a hundred percent. Michonne is my pick for best character in the book, along side Abraham. For Michone there are many potentioal actress but for the governor there is only one that comes to mind for me and it is
      Spoiler:

"The Mayor" Danny Trejo.
      http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001803/
      There is a pick is there that looks identical to the picture of governor cutting Rick's hand.

I mean, the guy don't even need makeup, he has The Governor writen all over his mustache.
      Last edited by Steelbox; 09 December 2011, 01:44 AM.
      sigpic
      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Oooh, an excellent choice. Now that you've put that bug into my head I probably won't be able to see anyone else cast in the role!

Hopefully he isn't 'too big' for TV by the time they introduce the character (if they do).
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Oooh, an excellent choice. Now that you've put that bug into my head I probably won't be able to see anyone else cast in the role!

Hopefully he isn't 'too big' for TV by the time they introduce the character (if they do).
          I would be shocked if they don't introduce his character. I think late next season, or sometime thereafter.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Nah, i don't think he would let this pass. Ain't that big tou, ye high as Lou Diamond Phillips in my book. Though he is in Sons of Anarchy he may not be able to do it even if he wanted.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I would be shocked if they don't introduce his character. I think late next season, or sometime thereafter.
            He was introduced in the late of Behind Bars story arc. I can se him appearing 2-3 episode after they find the prision if they find.
            Last edited by Steelbox; 09 December 2011, 09:55 AM.
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
              He was introduced in the late of Behind Bars story arc. I can se him appearing 2-3 episode after they find the prision if they find.
              That would work for me.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Another one that would be cool to have would be Abraham. This time there is no one better to interpret him than
                Spoiler:

Paul Teutul Sr.

He ain't an actor and he is a little old for the character but for resemblance, he is the guy, appart from tatoos. Also with Paul's temperament, it would be a nice addiction to Abraham's, make him a little dirtier.
                Last edited by Steelbox; 13 December 2011, 01:46 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                  Another one that would be cool to have would be Abraham. This time there is no one better to interpret him than
                  Spoiler:

Paul Teutul Sr.

He ain't an actor and he is a little old for the character but for resemblance, he is the guy, appart from tatoos. Also with Paul's temperament, it would be a nice addiction to Abraham's, make him a little dirtier.
                  He definitely does look like an older version of Abraham.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

In the comic how long were they at the farm?
                    How long have they been at the farm in the tv show?
                    I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

The first story arc, Days Gone Bye, (6 issues) runs from Rick's awakening until they decide to leave the camp outside Atlanta.

The second, Miles Behind Us, (6 issues) runs from their departure from the camp, through their time at Hershel's farm, until they depart and discover the prison.

Comment

I just wondered about the farm in the tv show.
                        I want to say that they have been there only a couple of weeks but then she says that both Rick's son and daryl would need way more time to heal after their wounds.
                        I like Sharky
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, suprised by the fact that Shane was killed off early in the comics...
                          How early may I ask?, as obviously in the TV series hes one of the main characters...
                          Have they morphed another comic character into the Shane we see on TV who doesnt appear in the show?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Wow, suprised by the fact that Shane was killed off early in the comics...
                            How early may I ask?, as obviously in the TV series hes one of the main characters...
                            In the comics Shane dies before they leave the camp outside Atlanta.

How he dies:
                            Spoiler:
                            At that point he's already about as unhinged as where he is in the show now, and attacks Rick (over Lori) while out hunting in the woods. Carl happens to be nearby, unbeknownst to either of them, and shoots Shane in the neck to protect his father.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Have they morphed another comic character into the Shane we see on TV who doesnt appear in the show?
                            TV-Shane doesn't quite have a comic equivalent at this point. For a while I thought they were making him into an amalgam of two of the comic characters--comic-Shane and Allen (who isn't a character on the show at all)--but with TV-Shane having kind of gone off the deep end, that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.

Comment

In the comics Shane dies before they leave the camp outside Atlanta.

How he dies:
                              Spoiler:
                              At that point he's already about as unhinged as where he is in the show now, and attacks Rick (over Lori) while out hunting in the woods. Carl happens to be nearby, unbeknownst to either of them, and shoots Shane in the neck to protect his father.
                              Wow, didnt see that coming, thought hed die from a walker or something...

Comment

Working...
                              X