Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm? What do you reckon?

Basically,
    My sibling introduced me to sanctuary.. because they just finished watching ALL the stargate episodes. And even though I hadn't watched ANY stargate episodes I was attached to Sanctuary for various reasons
    My sibling had told me that Sanctuary isn't as interesting as it used to be ( i obviously intergected!), but they stated that there isn't really a main plot anymore as it is so random. That its almost like a soap opera. Even when there was a good idea
    Spoiler:
    such as the cabal
    , it disappears into thin air and is never heard of again.

(this was my siblings opinion not mine. Even though it got me thinking for a few...seconds ... IM ALL FOR SANCTUARY!)

What do you reckon?
    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
    - Doctor Who (series 7)
    - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

My personal opinion is that PTB introduced some awesome story arcs in seasons 3 and 4 - like Praxis and going rogue, and I am enjoying them greatly. All those "monster of the week" episodes in season 1 were not really my taste.

All in all, I think that the writing improved greatly since season 1, also because PTB know now (apparently) where they are going to with the show.

The current season is the first one for me to watch every episode. I was never interested in anything that didn't have Tesla in it in seasons 1-3.

So you see, tastes differ
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
      My personal opinion is that PTB introduced some awesome story arcs in seasons 3 and 4 - like Praxis and going rogue, and I am enjoying them greatly. All those "monster of the week" episodes in season 1 were not really my taste.

All in all, I think that the writing improved greatly since season 1, also because PTB know now (apparently) where they are going to with the show.

The current season is the first one for me to watch every episode. I was never interested in anything that didn't have Tesla in it in seasons 1-3.

So you see, tastes differ
      whats PTB?
      Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
      - Doctor Who (series 7)
      - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
      - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
      - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
      - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Powers That Be
        People who are responsible for the creative process.
        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

really? i would say the opposite. season 1 and most of season 2 are episode based, in that you can watch a random episode and follow just fine. season 3 has a long story-arc, and season 4 seems to be kind of getting one.

as for quality to me they are all good episodes but so far i like season 3 and 4 better then the other two.
          sigpic

Comment

I think it's still interesting. They have a few "meh" episodes every season, but most of them imo are good to very good and there's always at least a couple I love. I don't really think it has become random. Season 3 had the Hollow Earth arc in many episodes, and I think it's fine when they break away and have more of a "monster of the week" ep so they don't get too bogged down in a long story. Season 4 also has a continuing arc

Spoiler:
            what happens after Helen's trip back in time and what her agenda is

but it's not quite as obvious as S3, as I see it, though I expect that's about to change with the upcoming eps leading to the finale.
            sigpic
            Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

No idea where she`s coming from. The past two seasons are the ones with plotlines. And the Cabal was a cheesy one-dimensional idea that`s been done to death. I much prefer the moral ambiguity of Adam and the HE abbies.

Comment

Working...
              X