This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome surpasses Firefox

Ha, take that, you clunky piece of crap!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Ironically my chrome crashed when opening that site....
    sigpic
    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
    Metal gear fan

Comment

now all we need is Chrome surpassing IE. IMO, the only reason IE is the market leader is because of habit. my parents use it because they've always used it, even though Chrome is much faster and better (and installed on their computer by me).

EDIT;

mine almost crashed too

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
        Ironically my chrome crashed when opening that site....
        I'll give you some other irony: I posted this thread using Firefox, because my work IT department doesn't support Chrome
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Opera forever!!!
          sigpic

Comment

To be honest I think that Firefox is still the best browser in terms of addons but they have kind of fallen behind a little in other features. Though I would always still use it instead of IE and I have a trust issue with Google

But Firefox has kind of lost the plot with their version releases. They went from v4 through to v8 in under a year, which don't really have any significant changes between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
              But Firefox has kind of lost the plot with their version releases. They went from v4 through to v8 in under a year, which don't really have any significant changes between them.
              That's not true... It uses a lot more memory now ....

Comment

I've been using Chrome for years now and much prefer it over other browsers, although I am sometimes forced to use firefox when sites don't support chrome (yet). Chrome is much faster, comfortable, nicer looking and easier to use than firefox (and don't even get me started on IE), especially in combination with gmail.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                  To be honest I think that Firefox is still the best browser in terms of addons
                  Considering Chrome has its own library of extensions, and is compatible with FF extensions, I think I have to disagree

Comment

IE freezes, Firefox freezes, Chrome does not freeze and lets you slide the tabs all over the place.

Comment

I used chrome untill it stopped loading gateworld so I switched to FF and never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                        I used chrome untill it stopped loading gateworld so I switched to FF and never had a problem.
                        Same thing happened to me. Sometimes it didn't just show me gateworld either. It was like one part of the screen was taken up by just a small part of gateworld, while the rest was just filled with pieces from sites I had visited days ago. Weird as hell. Now I just alternate between Firefox and Opera, and I've never had a single issue. Besides, I can't stop using Firefox completely, because then I'd lose the FF Picnik plug-in.
                        sigpic

Comment

I use firefox all the time. I dont' like chrome on the sheer principal that google is an information whore and I don't trust them with my browsing (they already keep and log every single search anyone does i don't need them logging and keeping info on every site i visit)

I'm still on FF 5 because it's the version that adblock and flashblock works with. I'd upgraded but the adblock didn't work so I rolled back.

I have IE installed but only use it if i have to because it doesn't block ads. Same with Safari (there are adblockers for the mac versions but not the PC versions)

Blocking ads and blocking flash is the only way to navigate the internet without bogging down, getting the browser hijacked and running the virus gauntlet
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Chrome has adblock, flashblock, youtube adblock, youtube ad skip, etc etc. Everything FF does, Chrome does equal or better.

And as to the whole Google tracking you thing (and I don't mean this directed at you in particular, sky, I see this complaint a lot) honestly that's a lot of hooey IMO. Everyone out there is tracking your statistics and movements--browsers, your cell phone provider, your ISP, individual websites, your governments. The idea that one internet browser is doing it to any lesser degree is really just a fantasy.

Comment

Oh i know digi. There is no such thing as privacy anymore. That said, i don't trust google any further than i can toss them. Same with Microsoft.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X