This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    I always DVR Fringe. That and every other show I really enjoy.
    As do I. *starting to think the fifth man is my long lost twin*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      As do I. *starting to think the fifth man is my long lost twin*
      We do seem to have a lot of the same likes and dislikes.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

We do seem to have a lot of the same likes and dislikes.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
          Yesterday there was a very spoilery article at Give Me My Remote. It's definitely worth a read but for more than just the spoilers.

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote...fans-and-more/

JH Wyman made an interesting comment at the end of the article about the best way viewers can watch in order to support the show. Basically they say watch live, but if you don't have a Nielson Box also make sure you DVR the show. Because if you watch live and don't DVR it, then you take away from a number that you can affect and that's the DVR numbers.

Hope that's not too confusing! On this forum it seems like we are constantly talking about ratings and how useless it is to watch a show live if were not a lucky box Nielson Box holder. Well, finally we have a show-runner come out and tell it like it is. I for one was happy to affirm my thought that by DVR'ing a show you at least are being counted in some number that the network looks at. Apparently DVR'ing and buying the episode through iTunes!

Thought you all might be interested in reading that....
          Isn't that what supposedly factored into the renewal for Season 4? A combination of both LIVE+SD numbers and DVR numbers? Fringe does very well in DVR, a few weeks ago it shot up 81% vs the LIVE+SD ratings.

Comment

Typically, DVR numbers mean next to nothing. The only thing that the networks and advertisers are interested in is the number of live viewers, because those people can't fast-forward through commercials.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Typically, DVR numbers mean next to nothing. The only thing that the networks and advertisers are interested in is the number of live viewers, because those people can't fast-forward through commercials.
              They can change the channel though

I wonder if online viewing should get factored in. I watch it online after the network has put it up on their website. There are still commercials in the online version too which you can't fast forward past.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                They can change the channel though
                Oh of course. Or go take a leak, or make a sandwich, or whatever else. But this is the tacit understanding of bs upon which all television advertising is built.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

With Terra Nova now gone, do you think that it increases Fringes chances of renewal a little bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                    With Terra Nova now gone, do you think that it increases Fringes chances of renewal a little bit?
                    I sure hope so. Sucks about Terra Nova though.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                      Maybe; the same could of been said for that show itself when House ended but it got canceled nonetheless.

Hoping it doesn't get canceled though.
                      Back from the grave.

Comment

Come on, FOX. You have done enough axe swinging.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Come on, FOX. You have done enough axe swinging.
                          We need to send the Fox execs to a parallel universe so we can take over their network!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            We need to send the Fox execs to a parallel universe so we can take over their network!
                            I vote for sending them into a black hole.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                            X