Star Trek: The Next Generation - Time Squared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Time Squared

i just saw the episode "Time Squared" from The Next Generations season 2..
    for those who don't remember in the episode Picard encounters his double from six hours in the future whose Enterprise had been destroyed..
    now i was wondering what the hell was that energy vortex (and will it be seen again?)?
    i mean like how come it can send something in the past and shoot and pull objects (the Enterprise were been pulled in) and still be just hallusination or something? (spoilers for those who haven't seen: when the enterprise just went through it the energy vortex disappeared.. by the way how do i put the white thing over that spoiler text so it couldn't be seen?)
    Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do only one thing correctly: tremble. Bur fear is not what you owe me.You and the others, YOU OWE ME AWE! - Francis Dolarhyde - Red Dragon

ATTENTION CHINESE / JAPANESE SPEAKERS!
    HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=47319

"A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. Serpent guards eyes glow, Horus guards beak glistens, Setesh guards nose.... drips" LOL

It was a spacial anomaly. There was never any intention of explaining it any further really.

I hate this episode. The main reason being that, when Picard finally realizes that he has to stop the little cycle that is going on, he basically just decides to shoot himself. And he doesn't just stun the other Picard. He MURDERS him.

Now, I know the other Picard eventually disappeared, so therefore, was never really dead, but the fact is that, if Picard had been wrong about the whole thing, he would have just killed someone. He didn't even think about it. And the writers didn't either, I guess. It would have been so easy to just stun him.

Uh... yeah.

Comment

If you follow the logic of Doc Brown, you could argue that reality was destroyed by Picard meeting his future twin anyway, so that episode is better best forgotten.

Good guy, Bad guy.....
      I'm the one with the gun.

Comment

yet another ep where the ST crew butchers simple time travel....even if it was a small time repeating loop like that....

ugh!
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Working...
        X