• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Within (111)

Visit the Episode GuideTERRA NOVA - SEASON ONE
    WITHIN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 111
    Lucas races to complete his mystery device before the 11th Pilgrimage arrives; Taylor and Jim confront Terra Nova's "Sixer" mole; Skye finds a familiar face; the colony prepares for war. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 15 December 2011, 01:51 PM.

This Episode was awesome. So much goodness, I dont know where to start at this hour. Except, It´s On!

This is the first time I noticed that Lucas is supposed to be crazy, so far I always thought of him as possibly missunderstood, but he made very clear tonight what his objective is and it sure aint rational. You couldnt save my mother, therefor I will spent the rest of my life destroying you and proof that I am better. Sorry, but thats a pretty idiotic reasoning for a Genius, though as they say the border to Nutjob is not that far off.

I am very happy to see Skyes mother alive. She will possibly not survive the Attack on Terra Nova, but still it is awesome that Taylor came through for them and now they also have a new cure to a serious illness.

What do you guys think? Will Hope Plaza protect Terra Nova? I kind of doubt it, at least logically no "normal" human being would reject the possibility of making their own World better. Even at the cost of another World. There is a reason Humanity has been described as parasite in many Stories so far.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

There may be some in the future that wish to protect terra nova, on the other hand.....they also likely see the project as exclusionary and likely a bunch of people that used/abused connections to get a 'fantastic future while i'm stuck here in hell'...in other words resentment and a 'i want a piece of that' feeling.

there is a very definite amount of power in the hands of those that want to 'own the future by controlling the past'. They want access to riches and wealth by, quite literally, raiding hte past. 'I don't care if it ruins the planet, i want to mine oxygen or gold or diamonds and make myself richer'. And I'm willing to bet these folks have a lot of control and power. Heck, they were able to rig a whole pilgrimage.

I do think the only way terra nova can survive is if there are no more pilgrimages. Taylor destroys the portal. saving their future by cutting them off from the future and locking them into the past.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        There may be some in the future that wish to protect terra nova, on the other hand.....they also likely see the project as exclusionary and likely a bunch of people that used/abused connections to get a 'fantastic future while i'm stuck here in hell'...in other words resentment and a 'i want a piece of that' feeling.

there is a very definite amount of power in the hands of those that want to 'own the future by controlling the past'. They want access to riches and wealth by, quite literally, raiding hte past. 'I don't care if it ruins the planet, i want to mine oxygen or gold or diamonds and make myself richer'. And I'm willing to bet these folks have a lot of control and power. Heck, they were able to rig a whole pilgrimage.

I do think the only way terra nova can survive is if there are no more pilgrimages. Taylor destroys the portal. saving their future by cutting them off from the future and locking them into the past.
        Thats what they should do. Cut them selfs from the future for good. I simply can't wait for next week. Will it be a 2 hour episode, ending on a cliffhanger?
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

This is exactly what I was thinking as I watched last nights ep. As you said, they are going to have to find a way to destroy the portal-but what about the rift in time? Can that be closed?

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
            This is exactly what I was thinking as I watched last nights ep. As you said, they are going to have to find a way to destroy the portal-but what about the rift in time? Can that be closed?
            According to Lucas it shouldnt be to hard to destroy the Time rift, at least he told his Dad that he could destroy the rift if he shot at the Portal with a Sonic-gun. To be honest I kind of wanted Taylor to do it, effectivly pushing Lucas through the portal when it happens so its a 50/50 that he would have reached the Future with his calculations before the rift dissappears.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
              Ha, for a second there i though i made a double post, Perelandra.
              If they destroy the portal, couldn't they just connect again? An tought, if it is permenently shut, i believe that it would affect only this reality. Shouldn't they have to reconnect? What are the chances of they reconnecting to the same alternate reality?
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                If they destroy the portal, couldn't they just connect again? An tought, if it is permenently shut, i believe that it would affect only this reality. Shouldn't they have to reconnect? What are the chances of they reconnecting to the same alternate reality?
                As I understood it the rift was always there, so once its closed it will be very hard to open it up again if even possible.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

maybe he meant just the "receiver" device would be destroyed and that like the 4th pilgrimage, they could still come back through, but maybe end up in the lake again....

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                    maybe he meant just the "receiver" device would be destroyed and that like the 4th pilgrimage, they could still come back through, but maybe end up in the lake again....
                    Nope, he was very specific. "The blasts from those Sonics can blow the whole fracture apart and that would cut you off from the Future for good and you wouldnt want that, would you?"

He could have been bluffing, but if he didnt that puts up a new question. Why wouldnt Taylor want to be cut off from the Future? Pilgramages and supplies are nice and well, but by now they have enough People to build stuff on their own. At this point I would try everything to get that fracture shut one way or another.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Great episode. I can't wait to see what goes down in the 2-hour finale.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                        According to Lucas it shouldnt be to hard to destroy the Time rift, at least he told his Dad that he could destroy the rift if he shot at the Portal with a Sonic-gun. To be honest I kind of wanted Taylor to do it, effectivly pushing Lucas through the portal when it happens so its a 50/50 that he would have reached the Future with his calculations before the rift dissappears.
                        I got the feeling that if it had been anyone besides Lucas, he would have done so right then and there. (blasted the thing) That fact that he didn't want to kill his son, he hesitated, what a dilemma.
                        Last edited by Perelandra; 14 December 2011, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                          LOL!

Those are all good questions and ones that I wondered.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                            Pilgramages and supplies are nice and well, but by now they have enough People to build stuff on their own. At this point I would try everything to get that fracture shut one way or another.
                            I agree I would, too.
                            the way I see it they are going to have to find a way to cut themselves off permanently from the future to avoid the new world being mined for resources from the future.. They have no choice and I agree that they should have enough people now to start a new civilization on their own. As stated above they'd be cut off from supplies from 2149 but they won't want for food whatsover, they'll just be more low tech but that might not be a bad thing. How many people do they have now, anyway?

Comment

Really liked this one! Also noticed that the writer was Barbara Marshall who wrote ''Sabotage'' of SGU. Looking forward to the SEASON (HOPE!) final next week!

Spoiler:
                              T-REX in the future= EPICNESS!

Comment

Working...
                              X