Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Young’s Fencing Sabre helenmagnus23's Avatar

Default Helen Magnus/Charlotte Benoit Relationship Discussion/Appreciation

Hi Everyone!

The reason i have done this thread is bacase i really enjoyed Monsoon and not just becase of the end but i really enjoyed the story and i really like the Charlotte character i would love to see her come back in the future (fingers crossed season 5) and i would love to see more about her character and her relationship with Helen
    GTTSAT
    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Default Re: Helen and Charlotte relationship discussion thread

I still can't get over the whole 'Monsoon devide' that happened across the internet (read: facebook, livejournal, tumblr etc.) I wasn't here yet when the episode aired so I don't know how much of a split in fandom there was... but as far as I can tell the people here are really nice so I dont expect anything shocking. However in other parts of the sanctuary fandom I was actually shocked by some negative responses. I mean of course everyone is entitled to their opinions and I understand if you didn't like it from a character development point of few, I respect that. However there were some (IMO extreme) comments about not ever watching the show again because of the last scene or forbidding teens to watch it OR WORSE (which I wont go into now, mainly because it upsets me that there are people in the world that think that way). So yeah I was surprised with the whole LACK of 'Sanctuary for All' moto in fandom.

Anyway, that said (and a little off topic I admit) I agree with the Charlotte character being interesting and potential for more
    For now, I guess we will just have to occupy ourselves with the (vastly expanding amounts) of fanfiction

Nan I was the same it was shocking reading some peoples reactions to the episode it so well done and it had such a wonderfull ending. It was hard to read the negitive comments about it but i understand everyone has there own opion and i totally understand that. I read some on youtube they were harsh and others were very nice about it .

It was a great episode very well done both in the story and the acting Amanda done a amazing job i was speechless the first time i saw it the ending i was so happy for Magnus and i love how it faded to black so we could imagin the rest but i'd love to see Charlotte again and find out more about her character and more about her releationship with Helen
    GTTSAT
    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Hell I LOVED the fact it was SO action packed. It was really an OMG HELL YEAH episode for me, regardless of the ending

I loved the action , I love how Helens plane toke out the bad guys hehehe! The explosions were awesome!! getting the bad guys scared
    GTTSAT

I loved the episode and not to sure how I feel about Charlotte really we didn't get to know much about her. (it may also be i'm stuck on RE reporter) But the kiss was cool to see a different way to see Helen but I think this episode was as far as I can see Charlotte going.

Stalking the streets with Jack the Ripper

I TOTALLY ADORED the Helen/Charlotte Kiss!! it was amazing and It showed yet another side of Helen Magnus that I knew was lingering beneath the surface!! Lol! I knew John wasn't the only one to play on both sides of the fence, though you have to admit.... Over a hundred being only with men would be a little boring after a while! lmao! She is a scientist at heart and it would intrigue her to try something/someone new for a change! lol!

So true sis!
    GTTSAT

Quote Originally Posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
    So true sis!
    I really need to hurry up and finish my Helen/Charlotte fic!! lmao!

I'm still working on mine I have another one in the works set during April 14 1912 I so can't wait to read your sis! Xo
    GTTSAT

I just have to be int he RIGHT frame of mind to work on it! lmao!!

Helen and Charlotte banners i made resently

GTTSAT

Who would like to see Charlotte return in season 5?

I would becase i love the chemistry between her and Helen and i'd love to find out more about her more of a back story and see if she know helping Helen in any of her Sanctuaries.

Those are my thoughts.
    GTTSAT

Second Lieutenant

I think I don´t want her back in season 5, mostly because I´m a Teslen, so I didn´t like all the kissing anyway but if she would be with Tesla and she would just be a friend then maybe OK but then I don´t find her that interesting, dunno. This one appearance is for me not enough to like her or don´t.

Quote Originally Posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
    Who would like to see Charlotte return in season 5?

I would becase i love the chemistry between her and Helen and i'd love to find out more about her more of a back story and see if she know helping Helen in any of her Sanctuaries.

Those are my thoughts.
    hear hear!

I wasn't surprised the harsh comments. There just is some people who practically sing up to crusade if two girls kiss in TV Those comments were simply unavoidable and, I think, best if ignored to certain point. I don't mind that people disagree with me (I often disagree with the thimgs I say) but the subject seems to be touchy to many people. Anyway, to what I came to say

Quote Originally Posted by Altariel View Post
    I think I don´t want her back in season 5, mostly because I´m a Teslen, so I didn´t like all the kissing anyway but if she would be with Tesla and she would just be a friend then maybe OK but then I don´t find her that interesting, dunno. This one appearance is for me not enough to like her or don´t.
    But just think how Tesla would react!

In theory I'd like to see Charlotte returning but I can't see how that could happen. The girl is a lemur scientist - if there is no mutated abnormal lemur population that is continuously trying to take over world I just can't see how she could fit in and belong I fear she would turn like Abby was in 4th season. Always a damsel in distress, inexperienced with abnormals and somewhat unable to deal with abnormal world. But if that could be avoided, I wouldn't complain if she returned.

Quote Originally Posted by FromOutside View Post
    I wasn't surprised the harsh comments. There just is some people who practically sing up to crusade if two girls kiss in TV Those comments were simply unavoidable and, I think, best if ignored to certain point. I don't mind that people disagree with me (I often disagree with the thimgs I say) but the subject seems to be touchy to many people. Anyway, to what I came to say
    I usually ignore. I however do not think that is the way to go about. I think having a discussion or dialogue is the best way to go about it. However some people just come with hurtfull remarks and slam the door to conversation and discussion shut. These people are hopeless IMO and shouldn't be taken too seriously.
    I mean my problem wasn't with those who didn't like it due to the character development. I mean thats one's opinion and I can understand that opinion. I mainly had a problem with the haters due to the fact Charlotte is a woman (and thus if it were a guy, there wouldn't have been a problem). Or accusing the show of pushing an agenda down the viewers throat.

Quote Originally Posted by FromOutside View Post
    But just think how Tesla would react!
    I just finished reading a fic in which Charlotte came by the Sanctuary where Tesla also was .. highly amusing

Second Lieutenant

I would like to read that fic too, where can I find it and was it Helen/Charlotte pairing or Teslen?

Quote Originally Posted by Altariel View Post
    I would like to read that fic too, where can I find it and was it Helen/Charlotte pairing or Teslen?
    The fic I just read is 'Love Potion #9' by the one and only MajorSam
    You can find it here http://www.sanctuaryfiction.net/viewstory.php?sid=1144
    Great read i can tell you

There are many more great Charlotte/Helen fics out there, perhaps we should make a list

Last edited by Bagpuss; January 13th, 2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Max gif/image size is 100KB here.Tags changed.:)