Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who: The Doctor's wife: Eccleston/McGann Distress signal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who: The Doctor's wife: Eccleston/McGann Distress signal?

Listen to the voices, they sound a lot like the 8th & 9th Doctors.

We don't know whether it was 8 or 9 in the Time War. And anyway, if it was 9, we wouldn't know when he did it. It might not be the first thing he did after he regenerated to put it in that way.

"If you are receiving this message, please help me. Send a signal to the High Council of the Time Lords on Gallifrey. I am still alive! I don't know where I am! I'm on some rock like planet!"

The Doctor knows what this signal is - but he doesn't say.

sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Sounds like McGann to me. Doesn't have the same strong accent as Eccleston.

sigpic

Comment

sounds like Eccleston to me but then you did stick that idea in my head before I listened to it. So of course i did.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

I'm hearing Paul McGann more than Christopher Eccleston.
        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I hear both, starting with McGann and finishing with Eccleston, perhaps he regenerated mid-message.
          sigpic

Comment

If anyone, I hear a bit of an Eccleston...

But it makes no sense for the message to be from any Doctor, as the Time Lords lured to that asteroid/thingy were all eaten...
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

Maybe not, many sundry items were drawn into that place, why not a lost signal from the Doctor's past?
              sigpic

Comment

I doubt even the Moff would retcon an adventure into Eccelstons era, not to mention the obvious continuity issues with TDW.

McGann would be very interesting however, hopefully providing a plot device for a return to the Time War at some point.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                  Listen to the voices, they sound a lot like the 8th & 9th Doctors.

I can definately see where you're getting that from. It does sound similar to McGann. But there is a definate difference in the sound of the voice. Particularly near the beginning.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

However, psychology studies have shown that:

a) people tend to sea/hear what they're expecting to sea/hear
                    b) people tend to accept evidence which supports their preferred theory and reject as false the material which contradicts it

Comment

sea/hear
                      Not criticizing you, just helping. It's see/hear, "sea" means a body of water such as the ocean.
                      sigpic

Comment

Quite right too: it was a last-minute edit, when I was very tired and slightly hic!

Comment

It sounds like a distress signal from the Time War, which is supposed to be time locked, which might explain the Doctor's reaction.

Comment

OH!!! You know what it probably was? I'll bet it was House using one of the Doctor's most fearful memories against him, even as it used illusion against Amy & Rory later in the corridors of the TARDIS.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X