No announcement yet.

Sanctuary For None (Part 2) (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggie *looked* dead, but maybe he could still be revived. Helen didn't have time to really get a decent look at him...

If CH wants to move on that's one thing, but I really don't like the idea that they (MW) feel the need to kill someone off every season.

Comment

Oh my goodness!!! I'm like in tears right now, that never happens!

Biggie CANNOT die!!

I didn't really see any of it coming. HOW the HECK did she build ALL that without anyone ever noticing? All this is SERIOUSLY gonna change things.

Random other comments (now that I've taken a few moments to pull myself together) :

It all seemed a bit like "End Of Nights" to me, which was awesome.

Glad Biggie wasn't a Shol'va after all.

Is it just me, or did that stuff Caleb had look like Romulan ale?

Speaking of that, does everyone have dormant abnormal genes? If so, then why is everyone human now?

"We're working as fast as inhumanly possible". Tesla is SO awesome! Nice to see him finally win a fight.

Abby was actually pretty good here. Even kinda epic when raided the prison. Never thought I'd say that...

Bruno again? Ugh.

The kiss was... Interesting. Don't see the point, but ok...

Very sad to see the Sanctuary go. It was so beautiful. I'm gonna miss it. Thought the speechless reactions were pretty realistic.

The backgrounds and scenery in the ep were incredible! (Sorry, that's the photographer in me talking).

Overall, I think this may very well have been the best episode of the season, and one of the best of the entire series.

If they do not get a season 5 I think I'll curl up and die.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Biggie *looked* dead, but maybe he could still be revived. Helen didn't have time to really get a decent look at him...

If CH wants to move on that's one thing, but I really don't like the idea that they (MW) feel the need to kill someone off every season.
        I agree. The show has killed off three of The Five and descendents of two [Ashley and Clara] in a span of two seasons. Such a waste of potential. Druitt might still be alive, but until he actually shows up on air he's basically like Ashley. Dead and forgotten.

Comment

I didn't want to strangle Bruno in this episode, that's a plus. I to am going to miss the old Sanctuary building. Loved its gothic castle structures. And I wonder if this mean all the sanctuaries are now together in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
            So they`re moving to Hollow Earth? Is she going to tell Tesla, Henry, Kate and maybe Abby? I miss the old Sanctuary How did Will figure that out from tracing her history? Why did they have to kill off Biggie? Most importantly, why wasn`t there more Tesla?

Kate was already involved in rebuilding Hollow Earth, I was thinking in past episode that Kate said the rebuilding had been going rather slow and primitive and what Helen showed Will was very advanced. So I'm not sure it's the same place Kate has been most of the season. So perhaps Helen carved out her own little nitch in Hollow Earth or perhaps she spent the last 100 years building the city, her own city separate from Hollow Earth?? Who knows. I kinda like the notion it's Helen's own city ... no politics, new society, fresh start. I did think Hollow earth was much deeper than merely a tunnel under old city, which is where Will appeared to be walking.

As far as Henry - I'm sure he joined Helen in the New City. Tesla too for that matter, wonder how many of those advances he helped create. Not sure she will tell Abby at least not yet.

I am sad to see Biggie go, quite heroic though! I'm glad to see he was loyal to Helen even to the end ... if he's really dead!

Comment

Both of CH's characters are not known to be definitely dead or alive. Chris's availability could be the biggest factor.

Comment

The writers could have had Druitt in episodes this season, Tempest aside, if they wanted to. John most likely just shaves his head and face - they're too smooth to be natural - so he could just as easily have hair like in Tempest. I miss John, Tesla and Helen scenes : [

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                Both of CH's characters are not known to be definitely dead or alive. Chris's availability could be the biggest factor.

Comment

Mother of God.... WHAT AN ENDING!!!

I was nervous going into the episode, but it was an amazing episode, and I'm proud of this season. I was afraid something would happen to the building itself, and I think this explains why Helen looked at her office like that, like she was saying good-bye. And she was. I hope Biggie isn't really dead, he can't be. My heart actually bleed a little for him in that scene.

I think this ep took back a lot of things people said about Will, and this shows he's still loyal to our Helen, and now we know she's not crazy. I wonder if they'll rebuild the Sanctuary? And what will happen with Henry, Kate and the others? Do people think she's dead? Oy, all new questions. Hey, I just realized something, if they don't rebuild it, I imagine the opening credits will be different in S5.

Overall, it was an amazing episode, and now fans have their answers, and now we know why all these things have been happening this season. Well done, Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                    -Magnus' mother's maiden name was not Bancroft. Her mother's name was Patricia Heathering. I know this for a fact because it was stated quite clearly in S1's "Warriors". I used it in a fic, so I got my facts straight. I'm currently trying to decide if it was a deliberate decision to change it, or if they had simply forgotten.
                    I too remember her mom's name being different, because I looked it up to see if she was a historic figure ... since we had a Watson, Tesla, and John.

-I would like to point out that there was absolutely NO conclusive findings on Biggie's condition. And let's keep in mind that he survived poison-tipped bullets at point-blank range. In my mind, and until proven canonically otherwise, he is still alive. Wounded, but ALIVE!!!
                    True. If he survived the horrible attack then he could still be alive. Helen left Biggie outside the fence and ran inside to prepare for her welcome party for the goons... So if the explosion was only inside the building then anything outside the grounds and fence could still have made it.

Comment

-Magnus' mother's maiden name was not Bancroft. Her mother's name was Patricia Heathering. I know this for a fact because it was stated quite clearly in S1's "Warriors". I used it in a fic, so I got my facts straight. I'm currently trying to decide if it was a deliberate decision to change it, or if they had simply forgotten.
                      Helen never said Patricia Heathering was her mother. She said she was Gregory`s wife. That could mean Patricia was his second wife, or that Magnus was an illegitimate child (of course this wouldn`t be highly publicised. Or maybe Bancroft was her name at birth, then she married or somehow changed it to Heathering before marrying Gregory.

Comment

Originally posted by Belladonna View Post
                        The writers could have had Druitt in episodes this season, Tempest aside, if they wanted to. John most likely just shaves his head and face - they're too smooth to be natural - so he could just as easily have hair like in Tempest. I miss John, Tesla and Helen scenes : [
                        Agreed. John has been my second favorite Character from the start of the Webisodes. I have missed him greatly this season. Thank goodness we got our Tesla screen time.

Comment

Selene0789 - you said a lot of what I wanted to say in your post, starting with:

Oh, my, GOODNESS!
                          Some of my random thoughts:
                          --I did remember that Bancroft was NOT the name Helen mentioned in the episode Warriors. Mackandal pointed out that she said Patricia Heathering was Gregory's wife and perhaps Gregory married again after Helen's mother. That is one way to explain the name difference, but I suspect that Helen was supposed to be talking about her own mother in Warriors. My guess would be that The Powers That Be might not have liked Helen Heathering to be her alias. It just sounds so...cheesy. Helen Bancroft sounds like a more serious name. To me, at any rate. Perhaps the writers did just forget what name was given before. In any case, I think every show I've ever loved has made these sorts of errors. The fans always notice, point it out, and shake their heads about why the creators/writers can't get it straight. (Two "name" examples from other shows that come to mind: Teyla's father's name on SGA changed from the pilot to season 5, when she named her son after her father - but it was a different name!. Also, X-Files, Scully names her son William and says to Mulder, "After your father." But Scully, YOUR father's name was also William!)
                          --I had been hoping since the end of Acolyte that Biggie was really cured and just faking allegiance to Caleb. They really kept us guessing for a long time, but I'm so glad they did reverse the brainwashing. I would have been sad if Helen and Biggie didn't actually have that sweet conversation in her office near the end of Acolyte.
                          --I was so upset to see Biggie getting beat up, but as Selene0789 pointed out - he survived poison-tipped bullets. It is certainly possible he survived this beating!
                          --The Helen/Tesla kiss was just fun. I'm not really taking it too seriously. I'm not a Helen/Tesla shipper, but I totally love how they interact. As crazy as he makes her, he is the person she has known the longest. I just thought it was a nice moment.

"Now do you see why your ego is the least of my concerns?" = PRICELESS! Bravo. Thank you, Magnus! We've been waiting all season to hear you say that! But that punch last episode was pretty sweet too.
                          --AMEN! That line was so totally perfect. And I'm just hoping it has FINALLY sunk in for Will that he could not be privy to all her plans.
                          --I personally thought blowing up the Sanctuary was a nice callback to the end of Untouchable where Magnus tells Addison:
                          "This entire investigation has been a charade to gain you access. You knew I would never hand over my records, my residents, my friends to whatever abnormal Guantanamo Bay you're planning. I'd sooner burn it to the ground." Yup, she would do that!
                          --I will also join in the prayers that there is a season 5!!!

Edited to add:
                          --It was great to see Addison sweating bullets throughout the episode, too.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

In Warriors - Helen was questioning "Charlie" about his past to prove he was really Gregory Magnus.

from Warrior's Transcript
                            HELEN :
                            Where were you born?

CHARLIE :
                            In the middle of a squall in the Yukon Territory; my father was a...Bush pilot.

HELEN :
                            Your occupation?

CHARLIE :
                            On a good day, I'm a scoundrel.

HELEN :
                            Special skills?

CHARLIE :
                            I play blues harmonica; not well, but frequently.

HELEN :
                            Your date of birth?

CHARLIE :
                            I'll be 61 in March. Tell you what, bring a decent Scotch, I'll invite you to the party.

HELEN :
                            You were born in Devonshire in 1829. Your wife was Patricia Heathering, and you...you were the leading scientific light of your day.

FLASHBACK ENGLAND 1800s
                            I think the fact Helen only mentioned one wife, was because he only had one wife. If Helen were illegitimate, she would still have mentioned her mother's name to him to connect the dots that he was her father.

It could be there is some reason not yet explained on screen why Gregory's wife isn't Helen's mother .... but most likely seeing as Peter Mohan, the writer for Warrior's and who is now working on other shows, DK didn't remember Helen's mom already had a name and just came up with another one.
                            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 30 December 2011, 09:11 PM.

Comment

He's my second favorite character too. And I'm so glad we got to see Tesla in several episodes. Praying we get a season 5. One of the exciting things about going underground is the show can go back to where it started - where Helen's sanctuary world was secretive, exciting and new. Everybody and their dog didn't know of its existence like in season 4.

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                              Agreed. John has been my second favorite Character from the start of the Webisodes. I have missed him greatly this season. Thank goodness we got our Tesla screen time.

Comment

One more thing:

Is this new city of Helen's where Biggie actually took the iso drive from "Chimera" to?

Comment

Working...
                                X