• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back To Where You've Never Been (408)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON FOUR
    BACK TO WHERE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 408

Peter and Lincoln visit the other universe, where Lincoln wants to uncover the new shape-shifters' agenda and Peter hopes to find a way home with help from Walternate. But the mission goes very wrong when their real identities are discovered.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 07 April 2015, 11:30 PM.

Good stuff!

Glad to finally be seeing the Over There counterparts again, thrilled to see Alt Jones, and loving that this episode finally ties together some of the many disparate plot threads that have been laid since the beginning of this season. And what a tease at the end

Bring on next week!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Was kind of fun seeing Bambam!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        thrilled to see Alt Jones,

Bring on next week!
        Was that Alt Jones, or our Jones?

In the original timeline, Peter killed our Jones by slicing him in half (As Peter mentioned in the episode, when crossing over with Lincoln). Seeing as Peter never existed in this timeline, it could be possible that Jones succeeded in crossing over, perhaps? Although the Fringe team could have stopped him, there wouldn't be any dramatic changes to the timeline if he wasn't stopped.

Also, the Jones we saw had an apparent skin condition, I think, which, if it was our Jones, would be due to the Teleporter causing him to slowly degrade. Unless Alt Jones had a similar experience, I'm going to place my bets that it's our Jones, but I could easily be wrong. Dramatically it would make sense to be our Jones too, considering he has a history with the Fringe team, whilst Alt Jones wouldn't be aware of who they were, necessarily.

Man, I've not posted on Gateworld in ages. This is nostalgic.

Comment

You're right, I suppose it could be either way. I just took it that his presence Over There meant he was one of the red guys. We don't know much about red Fringe Division before season 3 so it's entirely possible that they have some kind of history with him. Tbh I can't even remember how much our Jones knew about the universes; been a while since I watched season 1.

Good eye/thinking though, I hadn't even considered it.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Now I somehow cant shake the Question of what about William Bell? I cant remember if Peter was involved in his Death, but he certainly was there when Olivia needed saving from Bells mind.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
              Now I somehow cant shake the Question of what about William Bell? I cant remember if Peter was involved in his Death, but he certainly was there when Olivia needed saving from Bells mind.
              The whole thing with Bell's consciousness being in Olivia didn't happen in the time line currently on the show.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                The whole thing with Bell's consciousness being in Olivia didn't happen in the time line currently on the show.
                Exactly my point. They never crossed over in the Theater, so Bell never gave his life to bring them back. That means that Bell should still be alive in this Timeline.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

And so what if he is? It'll be fantastic to see him if they can convince him to come back, but it's not like he was ever a regular fixture when the character was still alive in the blue/red universes. Not really any reason to hold our breath for it here--maybe he's still just chilling and doing his thing in the Red universe, like he was doing in Seasons 1 and 2 before the theatre cross-over.

Comment

Really good episode. I am so happy Fringe is finally back. I can't wait to watch it a second time, this time with my wife.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

My wife won't watch it, season 1, episode 1 put her off for life

So good to have something decent to watch again, I think that's the first episode of anything in about 3 years to see me sit up and express rude comments as the credits rolled, those last few minutes were mind frakking to say the least.

I thought Jones always came from "over there"?

Comment

Loved the ep...glad Fringe is back

Comment

Great episode this week. It was fun to be in the red universe. Every scenes were pretty cool. It was nice for Peter's mother to recognize him in adult size immediately. Walter suicide recount was touching. Lincoln Lee impersonification. Alt Broyles in league with Mr. Jones. Great to see him back. Walternate/Peter dialogue. Shapeshifters infiltration. All fun. All good. Should have been the mid season break final.
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Fringe is back and currently the best show on air!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                              Fringe is back and currently the best show on air!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X