This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Transcript Discussions

This thread is for those of us who enjoy reading the episode transcripts as well as watching the episode on TV.

Being visually impaired, I had questions about some things that happened during the SG series episodes, so I started reading them two days ago. I'm not reading them in any particular order, but oh, what fun it is! So far, I have read Children of the Gods, The Enemy Within, The Broca Divide, The Nox, and Thor's Hammer. This is because I missed getting to watch Stargate free Online, and Scifi only airs SG1 occasionally.

So, what about my fellow SG fans out there? Do you like reading episode transcripts too?
    "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
    "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

I personally think that the transcripts are a good source of information, I somtime use them when I wanted to find a quote or quotes from an episode. But I never really found the need to read them fully, I would be more inclined to watch the episode.

Slightly off-topic question but was just wondering have you considerd getting the DVD's for the series?

Comment

I have Season 5 on Dvd, and I would like to have more, but they are expensive.

Now, to return to the topic.

I read Bloodlines today, adding to my fun experience.

The way the people authors write the
      transcripts, I can almost see each scene.
      "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

I occasionally read the transcripts. Not as a rule, but they are enjoyable once in awhile. Particularly the ones by certain writers that I really like.
        sigpic

Comment

I keep them on file for reference when writing fic. They come in handy.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes, they can be a wealth of information when needing clarification, or to win a bet!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
              Yes, they can be a wealth of information when needing clarification, or to win a bet!
              Or to count words.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Using a transcript to win a bet? Love that idea. I'll remember that one. Lol!

Comment

I'll have to remember that one.Using a transcript to win a bet? Great idea. Lol!

Comment

Working...
                  X