Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about trying this series out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about trying this series out...

Well, I have been hearing about this show, both good and bad. And it at the very least intrigues me.

So what is the scoop on this show? What is good and bad about it?

Please no spoilers...though I may not be able to watch it for a while, I tend to remember names really easily.
    sigpic

I watched the first episode and it didnt make a big mark, kind of cliche superhero show, super strength etc. Nothing good as i could see.

I do like superheroes and seeing as there is nothing good being shown much lately I may return to it. I recommend you watch a few eps instead of asking people what they think - I enjoy the music of Miley Cyrus (yes you heard that right) and others don't, everyone is different so the only way you can know is to check it out.

Comment

I enjoyed it personally.... the first episode is a bit hit and miss and it takes a little while before you feel it settles into a rhythm, but once it does it it flows brilliantly.
      The casting is great and certain characters very believable and although I felt the writing was a bit up and down at times, it does level out towards the end of the series.

Thoroughly looking forward to Season 2

But as Escyos said everybody is different. So it's probably best to give it a go and decide for yourself.
      sigpic
      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Well alright...Not all the episodes are on IMDB right now so I can't watch unless SyFy does a marathon or something...And the show doesn't look like it is being released on dvd anytime soon.

So I will patiently wait
        sigpic

Comment

To me the only other show that it reminds me off is The 4400. But instead of 2 agents doing investigations of people with abilities its a team of people with abilities led by a psychologist who investigate crimes caused by others with abilities.

I find it quite interesting, but it does follow the cliche of a lot of investigative type shows: Find crime/event, team goes in, eventually find out who done it/what caused it, the team solve the issue/catch the culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
            To me the only other show that it reminds me off is The 4400. But instead of 2 agents doing investigations of people with abilities its a team of people with abilities led by a psychologist who investigate crimes caused by others with abilities.

I find it quite interesting, but it does follow the cliche of a lot of investigative type shows: Find crime/event, team goes in, eventually find out who done it/what caused it, the team solve the issue/catch the culprit.
            Oo, if it is similar to that I might like it.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm tickked off I started watching Alphas on-demand and it was taken off, now I can't watch it.
              sigpic

"I am worth far more to you than you will admit."

Comment

Well at least you have watched some of it...Lol
                sigpic

Comment

I watched the first 15 mins of it and turned it off
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    I watched the first 15 mins of it and turned it off
                    But why?
                    sigpic

Comment

I personally truly love Alphas. I like the realistic tone to the show. More serious than Warehouse 13 or Eureka while still keeping a touch of humor (as character traits no situation usually).

The first season was just great. Good diversity of plots in the first season for every episodes.
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Well I will have to wait, unfortunately...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                          But why?
                          Because I was so bored
                          sigpic

Comment

Ah okay...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Because I was so bored
                              Blasphemy!!

You were probably depressed at that time.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                              X