Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thinking about trying this series out...

Well, I have been hearing about this show, both good and bad. And it at the very least intrigues me.

So what is the scoop on this show? What is good and bad about it?

Please no spoilers...though I may not be able to watch it for a while, I tend to remember names really easily.

Lieutenant Colonel

Default Re: Thinking about trying this series out...

I watched the first episode and it didnt make a big mark, kind of cliche superhero show, super strength etc. Nothing good as i could see.

I do like superheroes and seeing as there is nothing good being shown much lately I may return to it. I recommend you watch a few eps instead of asking people what they think - I enjoy the music of Miley Cyrus (yes you heard that right) and others don't, everyone is different so the only way you can know is to check it out.

Lieutenant Colonel Madness reigns's Avatar
    Hiding somewhere... not sure where... it's dark!!

I enjoyed it personally.... the first episode is a bit hit and miss and it takes a little while before you feel it settles into a rhythm, but once it does it it flows brilliantly.
    The casting is great and certain characters very believable and although I felt the writing was a bit up and down at times, it does level out towards the end of the series.

Thoroughly looking forward to Season 2

But as Escyos said everybody is different. So it's probably best to give it a go and decide for yourself.

Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Well alright...Not all the episodes are on IMDB right now so I can't watch unless SyFy does a marathon or something...And the show doesn't look like it is being released on dvd anytime soon.

So I will patiently wait

To me the only other show that it reminds me off is The 4400. But instead of 2 agents doing investigations of people with abilities its a team of people with abilities led by a psychologist who investigate crimes caused by others with abilities.

I find it quite interesting, but it does follow the cliche of a lot of investigative type shows: Find crime/event, team goes in, eventually find out who done it/what caused it, the team solve the issue/catch the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanith0709 View Post
    To me the only other show that it reminds me off is The 4400. But instead of 2 agents doing investigations of people with abilities its a team of people with abilities led by a psychologist who investigate crimes caused by others with abilities.

I find it quite interesting, but it does follow the cliche of a lot of investigative type shows: Find crime/event, team goes in, eventually find out who done it/what caused it, the team solve the issue/catch the culprit.
    Oo, if it is similar to that I might like it.

I'm tickked off I started watching Alphas on-demand and it was taken off, now I can't watch it.

"I am worth far more to you than you will admit."

Well at least you have watched some of it...Lol

I watched the first 15 mins of it and turned it off

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    I watched the first 15 mins of it and turned it off
    But why?

I personally truly love Alphas. I like the realistic tone to the show. More serious than Warehouse 13 or Eureka while still keeping a touch of humor (as character traits no situation usually).

The first season was just great. Good diversity of plots in the first season for every episodes.

Well I will have to wait, unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    But why?
    Because I was so bored

Ah okay...

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    Because I was so bored
    Blasphemy!!

You were probably depressed at that time.

Does anyone know when the first season could possibly be released?

I am watching it on Five Star in the UK at the moment it have not grab my attention, in fact I keep on forgetting it is on, which is never good for a TV show.

There just so many cliche moments. An all the characters are, so far anyway, heading down there obvious paths, I am at episode 7. There no intrigue, no surprises in the story.

Well I FINALLY caught up, a few hours before the second season premier. It's not great, but it's not bad. It has great potential. I just hope it isn't cancelled like The 4400 and Heroes on a cliffhanger =/

First Lieutenant

I have just watched the original pilot episode. The first thing that I noticed was how much it reminded me of Mission Impossible. Beyond that I don't know whether I like it or not yet. I wonder though how dangerous a person would be who could hypnotize someone at the drop of a hat, including members of her own team.........

Since I just watched Anger Management with its horrific violence I wondered how there could be a story of this kid Matthew with a power to cause so much violence who was NEVER CAUGHT or killed in any previous occasion since his birth.......Must be something that hit him only when he turned, what, 21 or 22?

For that matter, how is it that the alphas causing trouble went undetected for their entire lives until "now"?? Marcus, the Ghost, etc. etc.??
    Last edited by Dave2; August 22nd, 2012 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
    I have just watched the original pilot episode. The first thing that I noticed was how much it reminded me of Mission Impossible. Beyond that I don't know whether I like it or not yet. I wonder though how dangerous a person would be who could hypnotize someone at the drop of a hat, including members of her own team.........

Since I just watched Anger Management with its horrific violence I wondered how there could be a story of this kid Matthew with a power to cause so much violence who was NEVER CAUGHT or killed in any previous occasion since his birth.......Must be something that hit him only when he turned, what, 21 or 22?

For that matter, how is it that the alphas causing trouble went undetected for their entire lives until "now"?? Marcus, the Ghost, etc. etc.??
    "Mission Impossible", how so? This is a very interesting comparison. It's normally compared to the X-Men.

It is a show which can grow on you. I found I did like some of the characters more than others at the start of the series, but found that there has been a significant amount of character development which has been done such that some of these lesser lights have become very interesting. Or, perhaps they have just become less irksome....

As to alpha abilities, most of them are very low-key in how they are manifested. Many could be used right beside a person and they would not even know of it.

I believe the show's creators want us to accept that alpha abilities are a fairly recent phenomenon
    Spoiler:
    at least at the start. This part of the story evolves.
    . Further, of the more overt abilities, witness accounts would most likely be explained away by the authorities as mass-hypnosis, panic, drugs, alcohol, insanity, or even witchcraft or UFO's. Probably most witnesses to such abilities being used just kept their mouths shut because they didn't want others to think that they were crazy, or drunk. Heck, if you saw someone do what a character on the show was capable of doing, would you believe your eyes?

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...