Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about trying this series out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is a powerful Alpha allowed to live among the general population, since one can never know what triggers something that will lead to problems with his/her powers??
    I see that the Alpha who made himself like Rosen had an English accent. That does suggest Alphas in places other than the USA.

Anyway, although Gary's skills and personality are a definite comic relief for the show, he does get to be annoying quite often, and makes one want him to go on vacation for a few episodes.......

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
    That's why I started with a sigh on my last post. I find so many shows that start a new season by starting new plot likes that the previous season shown couldn't happen.

First season started with 4 states of Alphas, either in the group, confined in Binghamton, or not a threat and released to general population. The final state are those free and confused/angry that that the group deals with and decides which of first 3 groups they go into.
    Also, I think the first older Alpha from season 1 was in "Blind Spot", who could have easily been the age of any of the groups fathers.

Now its a second season and there's a relative spitload of Alphas out there, which I'm saying is a statement of "Here's the storyline for the season, but it voids much of the plot of the first season, but what the heck."

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
      How is a powerful Alpha allowed to live among the general population, since one can never know what triggers something that will lead to problems with his/her powers??
      I see that the Alpha who made himself like Rosen had an English accent. That does suggest Alphas in places other than the USA.

Anyway, although Gary's skills and personality are a definite comic relief for the show, he does get to be annoying quite often, and makes one want him to go on vacation for a few episodes.......
      You added "powerful" into the description, when I didn't. Powerful Alphas would either go to Binghamton, to a group like Rosen's. How about an Alpha who has gills, or who can talk to bees? How much of a threat or powerful are they? Even as such, a not-that-powerful Alpha with an attitude issue or can't control their powers would need control/counseling.

The main characters of the show are close enough to general population to not be much different, considering Harken is married, and Rachel visits her family often.

Comment

...Why is my thread being taken over...? Lol
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          ...Why is my thread being taken over...? Lol
          Not out fault. Think of it like a nice big bowl of potato chips. If you just leave them unattended they're going to get eaten.

regards,
          G.

PS - so, what do you think of the show, anything more to add?

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

It's good.

Not as good as some other superhuman shows I have watched (The 4400 and the FIRST season of Heroes) but it's getting better.
            sigpic

Comment

This show sounds like a bad rip-off of Heroes.

Comment

And Heroes was a ripoff of The 4400.
                sigpic

Comment

Everything has been done before
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                    It's good. Not as good as some other superhuman shows ... but it's getting better.
                    When does it start getting better? Because four episodes in there is nothing that makes me want to continue watching. I don't like any of the characters (or the actors who play them), the abilities are either boring (everyone but Nina) or totally under-utilized (Nina), and there is zero drama. If you can tell me it gets a whole lot better real soon, I'll give it another chance; otherwise, this show is definitely not for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X