No announcement yet.

Julian Richings for 12th Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why people are even thinking about a 12th doctor just yet. I'm sure when matt smith decides to hang up his bow tie, the beeb will pick the right actor.
    Also, don't forget, doctor who is now aimed at they younger viewer, so aslong at it continues to air in its current time slot, I serriously can't see them getting anyone +40 playing the part.

Comment

Also, don't forget, doctor who is now aimed at they younger viewer
      Who do you think it was aimed at before, grandparents???
      sigpic
      Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
        Who do you think it was aimed at before, grandparents???
        It was a different era before

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
          Do you know what would be different as well as fun? What if the next Doctor was played by Geoffrey Hughes?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...esCAJCT479.jpg
          "Doctor the Daleks have invaded the Earth"! "Oh...Nice."
          Now this is a move I could support.

And his taste in pullovers is just as bad as Sylvesters.
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 August 2012, 10:35 PM.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

It was a different era before
            I remember, it was a better and more wholesome time when people had more respect for the wisdom of age and less need for everything to have a sex factor.
            sigpic
            Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

My video was initially born out of pure desire to see that actor in the role... though I admit as Smith's era has continued, I became more and more keen for him to be replaced... But again, that's as much about the writers as the talent in front of the camera...
              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
              and lots more!

Comment

I want Robert Carlyle (Nicholas Rush) to be The Doctor. That guy would be good too. I want to see an older Doctor who can't run as much and is forced to be smarter with what's available. If not, then maybe David Hewlett. Maybe Sean Maher (Simon Tam). Also, am I the only one who thinks that The Doctor would be 20 times more awesome with a Russian accent?
                He can speak Asgard in Ancient. He sees Ree'tu but not Jaffa. He worships the Ori, yet is friends with the Ancients. He can feed on Replicators. He writes Stargate Fan non-fiction. He understands Carter's, McKay's, and Rush's technobable. He has ascended more times than Dr.Jackson. He is the most INTERESTING man in the universe. "I don't often drink, but when I do, I prefer Wraith Enzyme."

Comment

Originally posted by MeredithRodneyMcKay View Post
                  I want Robert Carlyle (Nicholas Rush) to be The Doctor. That guy would be good too. I want to see an older Doctor who can't run as much and is forced to be smarter with what's available. If not, then maybe David Hewlett. Maybe Sean Maher (Simon Tam). Also, am I the only one who thinks that The Doctor would be 20 times more awesome with a Russian accent?
                  Carlyle is a pretty popular suggestion... and has the kudos to have killed the 9th Doctor on screen in Cracker...

Hewlett... I loved McKay's character... haven't seen him in much else (Cube... also featuring Julian Richings briefly) From McKay's character alone, can't see him as the Doctor...

Whenever someone mentions a Russian accent to me... I picture the guy from Armageddon... "American parts... Russian parts... All made in Taiwan!"

Julian-Richings.png
                  Last edited by cosmichobo; 23 July 2012, 08:48 PM.
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  and lots more!

Comment

Got to go for Carlyle as 12th, hell, Carlyle even said he'd love to play the Doctor! And I've got to say that Matt Smith was the worst possible choice. I liked Eccleston because he was dark and Tennant was great because he had more a funny side to him, but still retained that darkness. But, Matt Smith is a clown, a goof, even in scenes where he tries to act dark, he's simply not. Doctor Who has become cheesey and needs a return to the dark! Remember that the Doctor has seen the horrors of the Time War! He's seen empires burn! He's whittnessed entire galaxies being snuffed out! He's the one thing that every hostile alien fears! And Matt Smith simply killed that.

Robert Carlyle is the perfect choice! The proof is right there in Rush! Give a dark writer, like Stephen Moffet, a dark actor, like Carlyle, and Doctor Who would be AWESOME! Screw people who like a quirky Doctor! Screw people who want Doctor Who to be kid-friendly! I was scared by Weeping Angels, The Gasmask Child, The Vastanarada, but those where some of the best episodes of the new series!

I want to see the Doctor as he was in "The Family Blood"! That is the Doctor. "He's like fire, get too close and you'll burn." That sums up the Doctor in one phrase. It gives me chills even now!

<Snipped by Moderator>

You know there is a difference between "family friendly" and "just for kids".

Anyway to sum up my rant, Carlyle for Number 12 please and if he won't do then let it be Benedict Cumberbatch, aka Sherlock!
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 August 2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

About to hit 200,000 views on YouTube...

Ok, it's no Kobe2012, but it's big for me, even if it is only a fan-cut flick.
                      and lots more!

Comment

as i said on the youtube channel, after watching all of supernatural, i think he would be better suited to play the master or maybe another time lord foe of the doctor
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Well, I guess it's officially time to retire my Julian Richings for 12th Doctor campaign...
                          and lots more!

Comment

Hardly worth it, I know, given Capaldi's deemed "failure", but - Julian Richings for the 13th Doctor!
                            and lots more!

Comment

Maybe use Richard Dean Anderson instead?

Maybe Nicholas Cage?

Comment

Richings looks interesting, though I highly doubt they'd want another slightly creepy-looking older man(no offense to Peter Capaldi). They're aiming for the David Tennant sweet spot.

Richard Dean Anderson isn't even acting anymore in a serious capacity, not to mention he's out of shape.

I'd love to see Nicholas Cage, though I'd worry that people wouldn't take him seriously. And of course he's also in his 50s.
                                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X