Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about trying this series out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    Yay! They'll be in the local store for inexpensive before long now! *has no credit card for a reason*
    Yeah...I'm faced with a tough decision right now...I want it but I don't want to spend the money right now...I have spent so much already...
    sigpic

Comment

Well you could always see if there's a library in your area that has DVDs to check out and see if Eureka is one of those shows they might have for check out.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I actually ended up buying the two seasons. I couldn't pass up such an opportunity.
        sigpic

Comment

Okay so what the hell is SyFy's deal?

Splitting up the seasons not only in DVD's but airing the two halves a year between each other. And season 5 of the show won't premier until...July? I could have sworn I read that production was almost done on the season, and it will take another 7 months?

And then will it be split in half again for a year?
          sigpic

Comment

They started splitting the seasons back during the writers strike a couple of years ago. They continued it because that way they don't have to renegotiate with the actors, et al, every year but every other year.

Yeah, they're pretty much done producing S5 and I haven't heard if they're splitting it up or just giving us the 20 episodes.

Personally, I think they should give us the 20 eps considering they've already axed the show. Why delay the angst?
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

They started splitting the seasons back during the writers strike a couple of years ago. They continued it because that way they don't have to renegotiate with the actors, et al, every year but every other year.

Yeah, they're pretty much done producing S5 and I haven't heard if they're splitting it up or just giving us the 20 episodes.

Personally, I think they should give us the 20 eps considering they've already axed the show. Why delay the angst?
              I thought it was fourteen episodes?

If it must wait until July, I hope that I get a chance to see seasons 3 and 4 before season 5 comes out. I refuse to buy the split up seasons, though...So I hope that, since they are re-releasing them all, they re-release 3 and 4 as complete sets.
              sigpic

Comment

Last I checked, Netflix has all of S3 up. Haven't checked for S4 yet. Hope that helps.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't have Netflix
                  sigpic

Comment

Hmmm. Wonder what's still available on SyFy Rewind. Also, maybe Hulu? Don't know.
                    sigpic

Comment

Maybe...But I doubt it...

Anyway, both seasons shipped. I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.

I'm watching Warehouse 13 right now...I watched one episode just to try it out, and now I think I might not be able to make it til Xmas break to watch.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey! This is Chad Colvin, GateWorld's assistant editor. I wanted to clear some of this info up. Production on Season 5 of Eureka finished up way back in September. The sets have been dismantled, and the soundstages they used are up for grabs for other productions.

Season 5, unlike Season 4, is back to just a 13-episode run. Technically, the Christmas episode (which will air on Syfy the first full week in December) is one of those 13. Which would knock it down to 12 eps for the cliffhanger wrap-up from this summer and etc. They fully expected a Season 6, so 5.13 was/is another cliffhanger. Syfy initially said they were getting a six episode Season Six, then opted not to. In the end, Syfy ordered one final additional episode to tie up the cliffhanger and all of the series' other arcs. So back to 13 episodes. (Technically 14 including the Christmas one, as it was produced with the rest of Season 5). Bottom line, 5.14 is the finale for the series!

I was on the sets of Eureka for two days back in April and got to meet, interview and hang with all the cast and on all the sets. It was during filming of 5.03. We published the interviews with the cast on GateWorld's sister site, SciFiStream, in the days leading up to this summer's premiere.

Once 5.03 airs, I have a ton of pics from my visit I can publish, but not prior due to legal/contractual/spoiler issues. But I'm still in contact with both cast members and crew and have a massive article about the series' end that will come next summer also. Hope this clears things up! And for the thread starter....hope you enjoy and stick with it! It's a fantastic series!
                        Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                        Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                        Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                        Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                        Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                        Con-Version Calgary 2010
                        C2E2 2013-2015
                        TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                        Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                        Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                        FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                          Hey! This is Chad Colvin, GateWorld's assistant editor. I wanted to clear some of this info up. Production on Season 5 of Eureka finished up way back in September. The sets have been dismantled, and the soundstages they used are up for grabs for other productions.

Season 5, unlike Season 4, is back to just a 13-episode run. Technically, the Christmas episode (which will air on Syfy the first full week in December) is one of those 13. Which would knock it down to 12 eps for the cliffhanger wrap-up from this summer and etc. They fully expected a Season 6, so 5.13 was/is another cliffhanger. Syfy initially said they were getting a six episode Season Six, then opted not to. In the end, Syfy ordered one final additional episode to tie up the cliffhanger and all of the series' other arcs. So back to 13 episodes. (Technically 14 including the Christmas one, as it was produced with the rest of Season 5). Bottom line, 5.14 is the finale for the series!

I was on the sets of Eureka for two days back in April and got to meet, interview and hang with all the cast and on all the sets. It was during filming of 5.03. We published the interviews with the cast on GateWorld's sister site, SciFiStream, in the days leading up to this summer's premiere.

Once 5.03 airs, I have a ton of pics from my visit I can publish, but not prior due to legal/contractual/spoiler issues. But I'm still in contact with both cast members and crew and have a massive article about the series' end that will come next summer also. Hope this clears things up! And for the thread starter....hope you enjoy and stick with it! It's a fantastic series!
                          Thank you, I will.

Do you know if they will split the season?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            Thank you, I will.

Do you know if they will split the season?

Since the final season is only those remaining 13 episodes, the run should be straight through with no breaks at all, save for any holidays the run may bump up against like Labor Day at the end of summer. The pairing of Eureka with WH13 and Alphas proved to be successful ratings-wise so I fully expect them to do it again in 2012 (considering all 3 are "summer series" and all have 13-episode season orders).

If that changes between now and July, I'll be the first to let you know. But with only 13 episodes, it's very doubtful.

This year's Christmas episode will air Dec 6th at 8/7 Central. A good chunk of it is animated in various styles and features the voices of Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory's "Sheldon"), Chris Parnell from SNL, Edward James Olmos and Matt Frewer (who is a recurring guest star on the show anyway). Happy thanksgiving! Between now and Christmas Day, you can catch it at these times, all eastern time zone:

Dec 8 05:00 PM
                            Dec 9 02:00 AM
                            Dec 10 01:00 AM
                            Dec 12 04:00 AM
                            Dec 13 02:00 AM
                            Dec 17 05:00 AM
                            Dec 18 09:00 AM
                            Dec 20 09:30 AM
                            Dec 21 03:00 AM
                            Dec 23 02:00 AM
                            Dec 23 08:30 AM
                            Dec 23 11:00 PM
                            Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                            Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                            Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                            Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                            Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                            Con-Version Calgary 2010
                            C2E2 2013-2015
                            TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                            Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                            Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                            FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Originally posted by doublecut View Post
                              Since the final season is only those remaining 13 episodes, the run should be straight through with no breaks at all, save for any holidays the run may bump up against like Labor Day at the end of summer. The pairing of Eureka with WH13 and Alphas proved to be successful ratings-wise so I fully expect them to do it again in 2012 (considering all 3 are "summer series" and all have 13-episode season orders).

If that changes between now and July, I'll be the first to let you know. But with only 13 episodes, it's very doubtful.
                              They were all on on the same night? That's appropriate, I guess...Since they are all sister shows.
                              sigpic

Comment

Getting the show today as it has finally arrived
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X