Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about trying this series out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about trying this series out...

So I'm a long time fan of sci-fi but didn't REALLY get into what I would call the "culture" of it until this summer, when I tried out Stargate SG-1. Since then I have finished up SG-1, Atlantis, started BSG, and thinking about trying out more shows. This happens to be one of the ones I'm thinking of.

Most of the negative reviews on Amazon seem to be on the packaging of the discs rather than the show itself. I have read a fair amount of the positive reviews and it seems pretty interesting.

What reasons could I expect to enjoy this show if I were to get into it?
    sigpic

EUReKA is quirky popcorn fun. Light, silly. Wonderful. Engaging characters. I love it to pieces.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

So essentially a show to just sit back and relax and enjoy the show kind of show...

Are there any recurring themes/problems that happen?
      sigpic

Comment

Personally I did not engage with it in the slightest, however you may enjoy it, so if you want to give it a go then you should do it. Other peoples opinions can only get you so far, everyone is different with their tastes.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          So essentially a show to just sit back and relax and enjoy the show kind of show...

Are there any recurring themes/problems that happen?
          There is a sort of theme in S1&2 and again (different one) in S4 but nothing truly over arcing.
          sigpic

Comment

Eureka is a much more light hearted show. And some eps can be downright silly, but I've found it addicting.

I started watching in partly into S2 and this summer I decided to watch S1 and found it dragged alot, have yet to finish it. But I lovingly recommend S3 & S4.

Quirky is a good one word description. And Fun.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Okay...So it looks like Eureka is being re-released in new cases.

Do you think that Season 3 and 4 will be released in complete sets or do you think they will be released in the stupid 3.0, 3.5 crap...?
              sigpic

Comment

I really hope for the S3 and S4. Not the whole 3.0, 3.5; 4.0, 4.5 business.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah...It's quite annoying...Not just from a cost perspective but from a space-on-shelf perspective.
                  sigpic

Comment

This is certainly one of the more fun series around. Season 1 is a little hit and miss, it seems to take them a while to settle into a rhythm - though this can be said for a lot of first seasons I think! Seasons 2 and 3 are better and I must say Season 4 has probably been, far and away, my favourite. There is some fantastically delivered humour from th start and so long as you don't go in expecting a serious scientific scifi program you should enjoy it ...... Really looking forward to Season 5, will be sad to see the end........
                    sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Hm...Well I suppose it should be worth watching. I wish I had the chance to watch it when it started but I was so busy

I'm probably going to wait until they release all the seasons in the new case.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ooh! A box set of all 5 seasons! I might have to wait and splurge!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                          Ooh! A box set of all 5 seasons! I might have to wait and splurge!
                          Well idk about that...But all five seasons in the movie-sized case would be great.
                          sigpic

Comment

The repackaged seasons of Eureka are now 11.99 on Amazon. Idk how long it will last but it could be worth checking out people...
                            sigpic

Comment

Yay! They'll be in the local store for inexpensive before long now! *has no credit card for a reason*
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X