Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about trying this series out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about trying this series out...

So I'm a long time fan of sci-fi but didn't REALLY get into what I would call the "culture" of it until this summer, when I tried out Stargate SG-1. Since then I have finished up SG-1, Atlantis, started BSG, and thinking about trying out more shows. This happens to be one of the ones I'm thinking of.

Most of the bad reviews on Amazon don't really explain very well why the show is bad. IMDB has a fairly good rating at 7.7 (currently). I have read the basic plot and it sounds very interesting.

What reasons could I expect to enjoy this show if I were to get into it?
    sigpic

If you're looking for folks to compare it to the other shows you're watching, you won't get that from me. I try hard not to compare shows since really you can't because how I see shows and how you see shows is completely different.

Watching WH13 is a fun way to spend an hour (give or take considering commercials). The ability to suspend one's disbelief is needed in order to watch and enjoy the show.

The cast get along great and it shows on screen in how they breath life into their characters and now they interact with each other.

The history on the artifacts is a lot of poetic license and not as much history as some fans would like.

If you have a thing for HG Wells actually having been a guy, you'll probably want to stop after S1 because in S2 it is revealed that HG is a woman. That pissed off a lot of fans/viewers. I loved it.

Basically, for me, it's a fun show with a great cast who have great chemistry with each other. The cast/crew love making the show and the fans love that about them and the show.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I think the best answer is comedy. W13 does not take itself seriously at all and is more then anything a blend of science fiction and comedy. Their are exceptions to this definition but overall the show strives to humorous in their action adventure stories
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Okay.

So is there any recurring character/plotline/artifact that continually eludes or harasses the main character?
        sigpic

Comment

It is usually a season long
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah good...I like story arcs. That just moved it up considerably.
            sigpic

Comment

i loved season 1 & 2 but the third season just doesn't do it for me so i stopped watcing 3 eps in. the series changed to much all of a sudden. but good luck to anyone who gives it a try
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well don't tell me that...

I'm still willing to give it a try...I am craving MOAR SCI FI
                sigpic

Comment

Ignore him. Season 3 was awesome. I don't see the sudden change. Change yes but not a sudden one.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah well good...

I seriously wish I could afford all the shows I want right now. But I still haven't watched (fully) BSG and Farscape, so it would be pointless to get involved in more of them now.

I definitely can't wait to try out this and more soon, though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Don't watch it for story continuity or it will drive you nuts.

I highly recommend season 1 and 2 especially season 1.

I first got into because I'm a huge fan of Saul Rubinek.

I stopped watching because I hated season 3 and when the show became all
                      Claudia, HG Wells and blatant product placement. I gave up on it.

Def try to watch season 1 though when it was about fun, artifacts and 'good' music.
                      Season 1 gave us White Rabbit, best episode of them all called: Duped.

and I love the people that post about 'suspended disbelief' with this show LOL. Kidding me right?
                      Kinda hard to do when they are shoving product placements like Tiger Direct down your throat and whatever weekly car commercial they happen to have on them in an episode. Yeah right!

I miss the days when Myka chewed her Twizzlers at least that fit the show.

(MHO)
                      Last edited by DSG1; 09 November 2011, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I love how you whine about product placement and then compliment a gag that is product placement. Such contradictions
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Lol

So why is it called Warehouse 13? Is that just a number in a long line of warehouses occupied by weird artifacts in the US?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            Lol

So why is it called Warehouse 13? Is that just a number in a long line of warehouses occupied by weird artifacts in the US?
                            Spoiler:

The way the mythology goes is that long ago in the time of Alexzandar the Great, Alexzandar created a warehouse to store dangerous objects and when he died things continued to accumulate under a leadership that I will keep silent for now because its important if you start the show. The warehouse is always in the most powerful country of the world and as a new country became powerful a new warehouse was built in that location. Warehouse 13 is the 13th warehouse house in the Untied States
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Spoiler:

The way the mythology goes is that long ago in the time of Alexzandar the Great, Alexzandar created a warehouse to store dangerous objects and when he died things continued to accumulate under a leadership that I will keep silent for now because its important if you start the show. The warehouse is always in the most powerful country of the world and as a new country became powerful a new warehouse was built in that location. Warehouse 13 is the 13th warehouse house in the Untied States
                              Wait...So is the Warehouse sentient and can build itself? Who/what judges who is the most powerful nation?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X