Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Todd going to fly the ZPM hive to Earth himself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Todd going to fly the ZPM hive to Earth himself?

It just donned on me... In "Vegas," a Wraith hive had reached Earth and was successfully destroyed. Todd had been captured while another Wraith crashed his dart and went undercover while trying to build a transmitter. Could the hive ship have been ZPM-powered? We could conclude that Todd would have taken the ZPM hive to Earth himself had his underling not mutinied.

Thoughts?

Probably not. The only reason the Super Hive went to Earth in the first place was just by chance. Neither Todd nor the underling could have known they were going to get a faint transmission from another universe contain the location of Earth. The wraith in Vegas were survivors of a wraith hive that was defeated already. The transmitter he created was a Plan B.

Besides, Todd seemed to be willing to maintain ties to Atlantis because his main goals for the moment seemed to be mostly about defeating rival alliances among the wraith.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

My point is, why was the super hive attacking Earth in the alternate reality in the first place? One could conclude that Todd was planing the same in the show's prime reality, but this time, his underling stole the ship from him. The underling didn't know where Earth is, but would it be unrealistic to think Todd knows? He had access to the Daedalus, I'm pretty sure he knew where Earth is.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        My point is, why was the super hive attacking Earth in the alternate reality in the first place? One could conclude that Todd was planing the same in the show's prime reality, but this time, his underling stole the ship from him. The underling didn't know where Earth is, but would it be unrealistic to think Todd knows? He had access to the Daedalus, I'm pretty sure he knew where Earth is.
        I think the point your missing is that it was never mentioned that it was the 'super hive' that atacked alternate earth. If it was the super hive i doubt they would have been able to destroy it.
        sigpic

Comment

There's nothing to say it wasn't the super hive, and even if it wasn't... the question still remains... If Todd's underling had not betrayed him, would Todd have take his ZPM hive straight to Earth himself?

Comment

It was an alternate reality, things could be different just to be different in the story. Secondly I don't think it was a superhive. Considering they seemed to defeat it much easier than the superhive in the main reality. I also don't think it had the same appearance as the superhive. And as I said i don't think Todd would have had the means or the desire to take the hive to Earth.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Remind me, how was the hive defeated in "Vegas?"

Comment

There's nothing to say it wasn't the super hive, and even if it wasn't... the question still remains... If Todd's underling had not betrayed him, would Todd have take his ZPM hive straight to Earth himself?
                In my opinion, No. Since the Wraith was at civil war, my guess would be that he was going to use the ship for the sole purpose of winning the war. Thus when everyone is defeated there would be no reason to go to earth since there would now be MORE than enough humans for him and his factions to feed on in Pegasus.
                sigpic

Comment

In the alternate reality, Todd was captured and imprisoned, so he probably wasn't responsible for the onslaught.

Comment

We don't know how nor when he was captured, so it's not unreasonable to conclude that he was a survivor from the Wraith hive's destruction. Otherwise, he would be imprisoned in Atlantis, no?

Comment

I got the impression that Todd's own personal plans handn't gotten that far before his sidekicks kicked him out.
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

I also doubt he was interested in coming into earth.. Maybe to the MW itself... and securing himself a new domain.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          It was an alternate reality, things could be different just to be different in the story. Secondly I don't think it was a superhive. Considering they seemed to defeat it much easier than the superhive in the main reality. I also don't think it had the same appearance as the superhive. And as I said i don't think Todd would have had the means or the desire to take the hive to Earth.
                          I was also under the impression that it wasn't a superhive, mostly because they never called it that, and it would have been an incredibly easy piece of continuity to maintain. And as you stated earlier, in 'our' reality, the members of the superhive didn't know where Earth was until they received the transmission from the AU.

If it had served the plot, then yes, maybe. But from the information we were shown, it would appear unlikely that he knew the location of earth, and unlikely that he wanted to go their to conquer it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            I was also under the impression that it wasn't a superhive, mostly because they never called it that, and it would have been an incredibly easy piece of continuity to maintain. And as you stated earlier, in 'our' reality, the members of the superhive didn't know where Earth was until they received the transmission from the AU.

If it had served the plot, then yes, maybe. But from the information we were shown, it would appear unlikely that he knew the location of earth, and unlikely that he wanted to go their to conquer it.
                            It really wouldn't have mattered if it were a superhive or not. Oneill would have sent the swarm of golden snails of death in single file for the kill instead of what that clown Carson did.

Comment

Like he did when he sent those thousands to destroy Anubis's Mother Ship in The Lost City? He even aimed them right at the Prometheus. No wonder they ran low on drones But yeah, if you're suggesting that Carson shouldn't have been the one flying the city in EatG, ITA. Umm, Lorne anyone? Even if Lorne was standing right next to Carson it would've made more sense than what happened. He was a doctor, not a fighter, by choice dammit! Why would they leave him in the chair w/o supervision, with Woolsey in charge of the city? I'm not having a go at Woolsey (he was a breath of fresh in the show) but it was clearly a military situation and a military officer should have been giving the orders.

As to the topic at hand, IMO from the info that was given on the show, it doesn't appear that Todd knew where Earth was. Nobody can really say either way though, given his shady nature. Cartainly, he never indicated that he knew of it's location. I imagine if he did know, he wouldn't be averse to mentioning that as a bargaining chip in any attempt against his life (as in "upon the event of my death, I've created a programme that will distribute the location of earth to all hives within my alliance...."). If it came to it as a plot point in a season six (if the show had continued), it's possible his presence on Atlantis (on Earth) may have drawn other wraith to him (via some sort of technological signal) but that's clasping at straws.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X