BSG questions !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG questions !

Hi folks, I just finished watching BSG and have to admit it was an amazing show and is a must-watch for any Sci-Fi fan. I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help me out :

- How many 8's were there on Galactica ?
    8 ( Sharon/Boomer ) left with Helo to look for water. They found it and informed Galactica. Then, they got stuck on the planet ... Caprica ? Meanwhile, 8 also returned to Galactica and then shot Admiral Adama. What gives ?

- What is Kara ?
    - Why was Kara always trying to get laid ? Zack ... Baltar ... Anders .. Lee ?
    - Was Ellen and the other finals able to re-create Regeneration for the Cylons ?
    - Caprica Six was in love with Baltar. How on earth did she get romatically involved with the XO ?
    - Did anyone apart from Laura find out that Baltar had given the defence plans to the Cylons ?
    - Was anyone else apart from Zarek and Gaeta executed after the coupe ?
    - Were all the Cavil and his two Cylon buddy models destroyed in the final episode? Galactica just jumps away and we don't learn of their baseships.
    - In the new Earth from the final episode, did the Cylons settle down with the humans and the other species and they interbred for 150,000 years ?
    - What did the Centurions do after they were left to do as they please in the final episode ?
    - Why was the Cylon model played by the Xena actress not shown in the final episode ?

Originally posted by ztech123 View Post
    Hi folks, I just finished watching BSG and have to admit it was an amazing show and is a must-watch for any Sci-Fi fan. I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help me out :

8 ( Sharon/Boomer ) left with Helo to look for water. They found it and informed Galactica. Then, they got stuck on the planet ... Caprica ? Meanwhile, 8 also returned to Galactica and then shot Admiral Adama. What gives ?

- What is Kara ?
    - Was Ellen and the other finals able to re-create Regeneration for the Cylons ?
    - Caprica Six was in love with Baltar. How on earth did she get romatically involved with the XO ?
    - Did anyone apart from Laura find out that Baltar had given the defence plans to the Cylons ?
    - Were all the Cavil and his two Cylon buddy models destroyed in the final episode? Galactica just jumps away and we don't learn of their baseships.
    - In the new Earth from the final episode, did the Cylons settle down with the humans and the other species and they interbred for 150,000 years ?
    - What did the Centurions do after they were left to do as they please in the final episode ?
    - Why was the Cylon model played by the Xena actress not shown in the final episode ?
    -There was in the first season only one 8 on Galactica. Although you have your facts mudled a bit. Tis ok. It was your first run through.
    In the feature Length Pilot Boomer and Helo left Galactica as part of a routine patrol with a squadron of Vipers. The cylons attack and the viper squadron was destroyed leaving Boomer and Helo in a crippled raptor which they force landed on Caprica.
    While fixing the raptor they were swarmed by caprican survivors of the cylon attack. Choosing to allow some people to go with them they drew a lottery, however, when Helo realises that one of the crowd is Baltar he elects to stay behind in order for one of the colonies best and brightest to live.
    Boomer 8 then leaves with the ship full of people and meets up with the civilian fleet and later galactica. Boomer is a sleeper agent and doesn't actually know she's a cylon although it ecomes clear to her as the 1st season progresses that she must be. Eventually her programming kicks in and she shoots Adama.

Meanwhile on Caprica another 8, the one that in later seasons would be known as Athena, meets up with Helo, telling him that she came back for him but her raptor had been captured by the enemy. She is well aware that she is a Cylon but it is her mission to make Helo fall in love with her so that they can create a cylon/human hybrid, as the Cylons believe that it is love that they are missing in order to reproduce naturally.

Now as for your other questions.

-We simply don't know what Kara is. She could be an "Angel" like the Images of themselves that 6 and Baltar keep seeing, or she could be something else entirely. All we know is that she had a destiny and apparently fulfilled it.
    -Because some people are like that? Starbuck wasn't the most well balanced person out there.
    -Ellen and the final five were attempting to bring together all the knowledge to recreate ressurection in the finale when Chief Tyrol discovers within the shared memories of the others that Torie killed Cally. In a fit of vengeance he breaks the connection and kills her, therefore ensuring that Ressurection could never be recreated.
    -Caprica 6, along with the other 6's were very sexual, but yet very sentimental and loving entities. 6 realised that what Tigh craved at that stage was to be loved, as 6 reminded him of Ellen, who he had killed. In other words, she felt sorry for him.
    -As far as I can remember I believe Roslin did tell Adama about it at one stage. But I think by that point it was season 3 and everyone despised him anyway.
    -We only see Zarak and Gaeta getting executed, it isn't to say there weren't others but Skullz and Racetrack who had a big part in the coupe were merely put in the brig. So perhaps it was just zarak and Gaeta as Adama didn't want to lose any more of his crew.
    -Can't say for certain about any survivors really i guess but it was said that the last of cylon kind was on their base so.....
    -Yes and no on the interbreeding. We know that Hera was mitocondrial eve from the final scene. So obviously she is a hybrid of Helo and Athena, however we don't know about the others. Tyrol wanted to settle down somewhere remote to be by himself so it's doubful he had any children, and although Tigh and Ellen could have too they seemed a little too old to bother. Caprica 6 and Baltar are a strong possibility though. But the obvious implication of the final scene that that all humans on this earth have a bit of cylon in them.
    -We know the centurians left in their own base ship. It's hard to know what they did. Most likely just travelled the universe solving mysteries with their newly created robot dog.
    -I'm assuming you mean The tv special 'the plan' and not the finale. Simply put for both cases Lucy Lawless wasn't available for the role. Additionally in the case of the finale episode, keep in mind that mid way through season 4 when they discovered the nuked earth, she decided to stay behind......for reasons I still don't fully understand except that she had fully given up.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Helo was with Sharon (who became Athena) on Caprica. Until Helo and Sharon and Starbuck all returned to Kobol, the 8 on Galactica was known as Boomer. Boomer shot Adama, found the water, sabotaged the ship.

- What is Kara ?
      We don't know what Kara was.

As for the sex... we only saw her have sex with those 4, though there were supposedly rumors from Anders to Lee that she was sleeping with other guys.

Kara liked having sex. Problem?
      No.

Caprica got involved with the XO because the writers were high on drugs.
      No.

Zarek and Gaeta were the only ones executed. The rest were said to be in Astral Queen. Adama offered parole if they helped with the Colony attack and then set them free after getting to Earth.

We don't know.
      Yes.

Don't Know.

D'Anna, the three, was left on the 13th tribes Earth.

Have you watched the series straight through because it seems like you skipped a lot of episodes which explain this. The Sharon/Boomer question tells me you missed like all of season 1.

Comment

Thanks for the replies P90 and Bryan.

Bryan, I have been watching 1 ep a day for the last .. God knows how many days.

Comment

Thanks for the replies P90 and Bryan.

Bryan, I have been watching 1 ep a day for the last .. God knows how many days.
          75, more or less.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
          X