Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 81 to 93 of 93
  1. #81
    Captain Angela V's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gating around the Universe
    Posts
    1,709

    Default Re: Law and Order discussion and appreciation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    How wrong I was. SVU was recently renewed for a 21st season, breaking the record for live action shows in America.

    Is anyone still watching? I gave up somewhere during the season after Stabler left and I have seen a smattering of episodes since when I am bored.

    Either way, when they EVENTUALLY end it they need to have Stabler come back for an episode.
    Haven't missed an episode. My husband gave it up though. He can watch his Antique Roadshow episodes on his own.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

  2. #82
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,126

    Default Re: Law and Order discussion and appreciation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Whelp ever since that idiot in Santa Barbara or whatever went on that spree kill that...culture I guess...has had a light shined on them.

    They are some rather pathetic people, though. They kind of deserve to be mocked.


    Sorry for the late reply but I totally do agree. They should be mocked and riddiculed.

    I never did get why they feel so entitled.

  3. #83
    Probie
    Member Since
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: Law and Order discussion and appreciation

    I have only watched season 1-4 of the original Law & Order, because I really liked Ben Stone. I might watch later seasons at some other time, I don't know yet.

    I have watched SVU every now and then.

  4. #84
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,126

    Default Re: Law and Order discussion and appreciation

    I just realized Jerry Orbach was the voice for Zacary Foxx on Galaxy Rangers.

  5. #85
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,978

    Default Re: Law and Order discussion and appreciation

    Ok, been watching Law & Order: SVU for a few weeks now.

    First, how did a Misandrist like Benson ever pass the psych exam to be a cop in the first place? She hates men with a passion. She can look at a tree and arrest it 'cause it's got wood.

    Second, does she actually do anything on the show besides hug and ooze empathy for victims?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  6. #86
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,126

    Default Re: Law and Order discussion and appreciation

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Ok, been watching Law & Order: SVU for a few weeks now.

    First, how did a Misandrist like Benson ever pass the psych exam to be a cop in the first place? She hates men with a passion. She can look at a tree and arrest it 'cause it's got wood.

    Second, does she actually do anything on the show besides hug and ooze empathy for victims?


    Just wow......... You got that from the show...

  7. #87
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,978

    Default Re: Law and Order discussion and appreciation

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Just wow......... You got that from the show...
    Why wouldn't I? I haven't seen most of it, but already I've seen several examples of Benson bending over backwards to excuse a female perpetrator, but when the perp. is a male, it doesn't matter what the extenuating circumstances might be. She's even prosecuted males in cases where no rape or crime was committed, That woman shouldn't be anywhere near a job in law enforcement. Seems to be that her bias shows up more in later seasons, so it might be the writers trying to jump on the "#MeToo" bandwagon, or at the very least, taking care to avoid showing anything that group might not like.

    On the other hand, I rather like the character of Munch in the earlier seasons.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  8. #88
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,188

    Default Re: Law and Order discussion and appreciation

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    That woman shouldn't be anywhere near a job in law enforcement.
    Wow...just go play with your Trumpettes. I love it when men see a woman in a position of power and they're threatened. I've been watching the show sinc episode one...Olivia does an excellet job.

  9. #89
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,978

    Default Re: Law and Order discussion and appreciation

    Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Wow...just go play with your Trumpettes. I love it when men see a woman in a position of power and they're threatened. I've been watching the show sinc episode one...Olivia does an excellet job.
    Ok, turn it around. What if the lead character and boss of the SVU was a male misogynist?

    I have no problems with a woman in a position of power; Kate Beckett in "Castle", Serena Southerlyn and Connie Rubirosa from the original "Law & Order", Meredith Grey and so forth. There are far too many to name; strong women in power are very, very common on TV these days.

    I do have a problem with a Misandrist being in charge of a law enforcement agency that focuses on sex crimes, just as I would have a problem with a Misogynist in that position.

    You are the one making assumptions here; that I dislike women in power, which is not true. This is a dislike for this one character in this one position on this show because she doesn't treat people the same. Or is it that it's ok to be biased against males, but not ok to be biased against females?

    From what I can tell, she wasn't like this in the early seasons, but in the later seasons? She hates men, plain and simple.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  10. #90
    Major General planet_tv's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Writing Stargate Atlantis fan fiction.
    Posts
    13,045


    Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

  11. #91
    Staff Sergeant Jay Halstead's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: Law and Order discussion and appreciation

    I've so far only seen one episode of S21 of SVU, and I do plan to finish the series, but I do miss Peter Stone. He was one of my favourite characters in Chicago Justice, so I was happy when I heard he was going to be in SVU. I wished he could have stayed in it at least one more season. But I am looking forward to seeing more of Carisi as an ADA.

    As for Olivia going easy on female suspects, I can't remember her having done that, but I'm going to go back and watch a few previous episodes. I wouldn't say that she hates men though.

    As for the original L&O, I've only actually ever seen seasons 18,19 and 20. I may at some point sit down and watch the previous seasons, and especially ones with Ben Stone in them.

    I did used to watch Criminal Intent, though I'm sure I've not seen it all, there are probably seasons in that that I've missed.

    I liked Law & Order: UK, though after Jamie Bamber left I didn't watch it as much, and while I did like it, it of course didn't quite have the same feel as the US ones. I think out of all of the Law & Order's SVU is my favourite.
    Last edited by Jay Halstead; October 11th, 2020 at 03:07 AM.

  12. #92
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,978

    Default Re: Law and Order discussion and appreciation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Halstead View Post
    I've so far only seen one episode of S21 of SVU, and I do plan to finish the series, but I do miss Peter Stone. He was one of my favourite characters in Chicago Justice, so I was happy when I heard he was going to be in SVU. I wished he could have stayed in it at least one more season. But I am looking forward to seeing more of Carisi as an ADA.

    As for Olivia going easy on female suspects, I can't remember her having done that, but I'm going to go back and watch a few previous episodes. I wouldn't say that she hates men though.

    As for the original L&O, I've only actually ever seen seasons 18,19 and 20. I may at some point sit down and watch the previous seasons, and especially ones with Ben Stone in them.

    I did used to watch Criminal Intent, though I'm sure I've not seen it all, there are probably seasons in that that I've missed.

    I liked Law & Order: UK, though after Jamie Bamber left I didn't watch it as much, and while I did like it, it of course didn't quite have the same feel as the US ones. I think out of all of the Law & Order's SVU is my favourite.
    I don't know how far back you've gone into SVU, but watch all of it.. And you'll see more than a few examples of Benson's anti-male bias. She's gone out of her way to get female criminals off and to persecute males, some of whom were actually victims.

    One episode comes to mind, where 3 women had remembered bad experiences with a college professor, conspired to get him in a hotel room and cut his unmentionables off, which they did. By the end of the episode, the 3 women were the "victims" and the male was sent to prison.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  13. #93
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,188

    Default Re: Law and Order discussion and appreciation

    I'm looking forward to season 22. I wish it wasn't a month away!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Primeval : Discussion/Appreciation
    By Commander Ivanova in forum Sci-Fi & Fantasy Television
    Replies: 766
    Last Post: September 9th, 2012, 03:50 PM
  2. Family Guy Discussion/Appreciation
    By Baal_Lord in forum General Television
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: July 29th, 2012, 06:20 PM
  3. Goa'uld Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation
    By MerryK in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 524
    Last Post: February 23rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
  4. SeaQuest : Discussion/Appreciation
    By walterIsTheMan in forum Sci-Fi & Fantasy Television
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: April 1st, 2011, 09:27 AM
  5. The OC Discussion and Appreciation Thread
    By lilslim142000 in forum General Television
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 7th, 2006, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •