No announcement yet.

Law and Order discussion and appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never seen them do that...It's weird.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
      I have never seen them do that...It's weird.
      But it makes ya wanna come back next season doesn't it?
      sigpic

Comment

Kind of doesn't give me a choice...

The season was better than I expected. I miss Stabler, but I'm glad the cases feel like actual Special Victim's cases again.
        sigpic

Comment

Kind of doesn't give me a choice...

The season was better than I expected. I miss Stabler, but I'm glad the cases feel like actual Special Victim's cases again.
          I didn't like that Stabler was gone in the beginning...but towards the middle of the season, I was saying, "Stabler? Stabler who?"
          sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed SVU's season premiere! There were a bunch of new characters which made it a bit confusing (not to mention that the actress who played Foster used to be in Criminal Minds, which I'd just watched prior to this) but I liked how it all played out. Some nice twists and turns. But I still don't like Amaro (as a matter of fact, I grew to dislike him more in this ep) and I didn't really see the purpose of Rollins in this episode; I know she's now one of the team but the episodes would have been pretty much the same if she'd been absent. Nice to see Munch again and Cassidy too, of course.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

...Dammit I didn't realize it was premiering last night.
              sigpic

Comment

Double episode, too! I watched it online a few hours ago
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

dammit...Well I think I had work anyway.
                  sigpic

Comment

dammit...Well I think I had work anyway.
                    One must invest in a DVR
                    sigpic

Comment

I never really got into the spinoffs, but I loved the original L&O. At least, up until Jerry Orbach left. Dennis Farina's character was just too much of a goombah. I liked Milena Govich well enough, but by that point the rest of the cast had changed so much that it felt like a watered down version of the show I once loved, so I tuned out.

For me, the golden years were seasons six through nine. Schiff, McCoy, Kincaid/Ross/Carmichael, Briscoe, and Curtis.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pantaloons View Post
                        I never really got into the spinoffs, but I loved the original L&O. At least, up until Jerry Orbach left. Dennis Farina's character was just too much of a goombah. I liked Milena Govich well enough, but by that point the rest of the cast had changed so much that it felt like a watered down version of the show I once loved, so I tuned out.

For me, the golden years were seasons six through nine. Schiff, McCoy, Kincaid/Ross/Carmichael, Briscoe, and Curtis.
                        Personally, I like SUV the best. SUV made me wanna go back and watch some of the original episodes.
                        sigpic

Comment

I like the original L&O but SVU is my favorite. If there's an episode of L&O on then I might watch it if come across it and enjoy it, but I make sure to watch every single SVU episode.
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I'm with the probie. I liked the original of who we see the police and attorneys. I find the spinoffs focus too much on the police part and just become another police drama. To me what made Law & Order unique is showing both sides.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes, I do like the episodes that show a nice balance more, but the stories of L&O just all get the same (since there seems to be more focus on the court rather than police) and the SVU stories are different, with different victims/focus, even if we don't always make it to court.
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                the stories of L&O just all get the same (since there seems to be more focus on the court rather than police)
                                Yes, but they often centered around interesting legal issues, so it was enjoyable to see both sides of the argument presented as well as L&O generally did. Good courtroom dramas are much rarer than good police procedurals.

Comment

Working...
                                X