• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death's Door (710)

Previously titled "Not Fade Away".

Episode Synopsis :
    Originally posted by Buddy TV
    From the CW: As Sam and Dean race the clock on a high-stakes mission, Bobby seeks the help of an unlikely old friend to solve one of the most personal cases of his life.
    Original Air Date 12/02/2011

Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 02 December 2011, 03:20 PM.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Oh dear. What are they doing to Bobby? And us?

I can't believe they let us hang on this cliffhanger over the holiday season!!

I so badly want to have Bobby alive, though I have to admit that they won't be able to make a better good-bye episode than this one.

Have you seen how Dean suddenly looked 20 years older when the flatline occurred?

And Bobbys last Memory would be Sam and Dean bantering over popcorn and licorice. And Rufus. How great was it to see Rufus again?

Okay, I admit I'm not able to form any coherent sentence right now. *sniff*
    The cake is a lie!

Comment

*Dabs eyes and blows nose

Just a quick ramble before getting to the big question.

Great acting all round. And kudos for Sera for a stellar script and Bobby Singer's directing.

Loved how we get to see inside Bobby's head and see some of his back story and seeing how proud he was of Sam and Dean and how he was more of a Dad to them than John ever was. I've always had big issues with John for not trying harder to give the boys a more normal life.

So seeing Bobby playing with Dean in the park was an aww moment for me. I'd have preferred it to have been with Sam as well though. A proper family moment.

It's heartbreaking to find out that he had such a hard time as a child...but it shows how he became what he is/was by standing up to his drunken Dad. Very sad.

It was great seeing Rufus again. Those two really do make a great duo.

Bobby doesn't give in easily and traps the Reaper...who at first I thought was Chuck! Only Bobby could trap a Reaper in his own head.

He got his message to the boys and then....flat line! Gah! that's what I call a cliff-hanger!!! One that's over used on shows I know...but here it felt like a stab in the heart.

It was lovely getting to see some Sam's feelings for Bobby for a change and lovely moment with Sam holding Bobby's hand at the end.

So the million dollar question is...is Bobby alive or is he dead?

I was so confident that Bobby wouldn't be killed off. Now my confidence is wavering a bit....but only a bit. If it turns out to be dead it was a perfect episode and a great swan song for him.

And when I say killed off, I mean that Bobby isn't going to be around permanently any more.

My reasoning why he isn't really dead:

Why wasn't his death called? It's been left open. Is that for a reason or just to drive us all crazy...or crazier. Or are they just teasing us. If we come back after the Hellatus to see his funeral, that would be horribly cruel. If they're going to kill him why not do it there and then? Get it over with. But then shows love to keep us fans dangling over the precipice to get us to tune in after the break. Ruin our Christmas why don't you show?

Best Case scenario: He's operated on and out of action for a bit...nursed by Sheriff Mills.

Worst case: He's permenantly dead and gone. (I'm with Dean here...I still refuse to contemplate it.)

Other scenarios: Could being a ghost for a while to help the cause? He's now on the inside....in limbo. He can still be helpful to the boys and can come back from that. There's Crowley, Death...and maybe Cas to help out there.

Straw clutching: I don't think Jim left Vancouver early...implying that he was no longer needed for filming. Although everyone on set is extremely savvy to all things 'fandom' and how fast word travels online...but they're not perfect..something will slip out.

And when it does I'll be there!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
        Oh dear. What are they doing to Bobby? And us?

I can't believe they let us hang on this cliffhanger over the holiday season!!

I so badly want to have Bobby alive, though I have to admit that they won't be able to make a better good-bye episode than this one.

Have you seen how Dean suddenly looked 20 years older when the flatline occurred?

And Bobbys last Memory would be Sam and Dean bantering over popcorn and licorice. And Rufus. How great was it to see Rufus again?

Okay, I admit I'm not able to form any coherent sentence right now. *sniff*
        I couldn't agree more if this is Bobby's swan song...it's an excellent way to go. The episode left me drained. My only teeny weeny complain is what was Sam & Dean's "high stakes mission?" I just saw them being helpless in the hospital...and trust me...I know how horrible that feels.

At least we only have a month to see what happens...
        sigpic

Comment

How tragic would it be if the boys had to hunt Bobby's ghost?

I'm hoping that he isn't dead. I mean Bobby is my favorite character but if he is dead, that was a hell of an episode to go out on. When he woke up and just said idijits, Jim Beaver was awesome. The whole episode I thought this would have been a perfect way to reintroduce Castiel. I wouldn't have minded the dues ex machina of an angel saving Bobby. I'm torn between wanting Bobby to live and letting him die. We know hunters have a short life span. But the boys have been through enough.

Comment

I hope I'm already in a state to form full sentences again *sniff*

Where the hell are all the angels, Crowly or Death when you need them. Can't the boys just summone one of them?
            Ok Death is out of the game I guess. Last time Dean summoned him he was really pissed about it.
            Doesn't Crowley owe the boys anything? I bet if I dig I'll find something
            Honestly, I really still waiting for Cas to come back. And this would be a very good timing.
            I still don't know what to say. I just hope he'll live.

I really liked Rufus.I couldn't really remeber him. Time for a rewatch I guess.
            Last edited by strandrijker; 03 December 2011, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I knew that was it for Bobby when I saw that Sera was writing the ep and Robert Singer was directing. Bring out the big guns for the final farewell. And what a great episode it was.

I think that's it for Bobby even though I wouldn't really want another season without him. It would be too easy to think that they'll bring him back using past tricks. Would kind of spoil this ep, imo.

Loved seeing Rufus again. I didn't like when they killed him either.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

I absolutely loved this episode, it's got to be one of my favorite episodes EVER!

I don't want Bobby to be dead but I would be ok with him being dead since you can't get a better farewell episode than that.

I so don't want to wait till January
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

What an amazing episode. This really was spectacular. I really hope Bobby makes it though.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    What an amazing episode. This really was spectacular. I really hope Bobby makes it though.
                    I hope he makes it through as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I'm sure that he is dead :'(
                      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                        The more I think about it, the more I'm sure that he is dead :'(
                        Now I've thought about it some more as well and read a few of the many reviews which are out there...I think you're right. Don't think I can cling on to the hope he's not dead all through the Hellatus. I was in denial.

If somehow he does survive...well that'll be great.
                        sigpic

Comment

Damn! Fantastic episode! Shocked that no one's given kudos to Jim Beaver for his work in this episode! Loved it, when Bobby said, with a smile to Sam and Dean ''Idigts'' before the final scene I think he knew that he wasn't getting out of this one.

Comment

I am thinking that Bobby is a goner. Last Episode I was thinking they just want to scare us again, but now I dont have any illusions anymore.

Getting Bobby back would need something that he wouldnt approve of at all. There is always a catch and at the moment they have no Allies left that could help. I guess in the other half of the Season we will have to watch the Boys cope with their loss while fighting the Leviathans alone. Not to forget that Sam is still fighting with his reality glitch.

That really seems like a depressing Storyline for the end.

Of course the producers can always pull another Ace out of their ***** to let him live. Though somehow I dont want them to do that since it seems like a copout to me. They went down this road, so now I feel like they should finish it, eventhough I dont like it.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Anyone else notice the look on Dick's face when Dean was talking he's starting to relise he has underestimated them and I thinn there is an actual way to kill them given the look he had
                              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X