X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 7, Time for a Wedding! (708)

Episode Synopsis:
    Originally posted by TV Guide
    A Winchester wedding is planned. Meanwhile, Sam gets involved in a confrontation with someone from his past, and Dean reluctantly teams up with another hunter (DJ Qualls) when he finds himself in a situation that he cannot explain.
    Original Air Date 11/11/2011
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Episode Synopsis:

Original Air Date 11/11/2011
    Ok guys, it's carnival!!!

The first half of the ep I thought: "BORING!"

But then it starts to get really interesting as Sam was tied to the bed. "yummy".
    And I really loved the scenen where Becky is talking to Sam and he can only mumbly with the cloth in his mouth.

It's great that Becky didn't made the deal. 25 years with loving Sammy. *sigh*
    Garth rally pisses Dean off. He rolled his eyes so often.... It looked so awesome.....

Comment

Funny episode. This was way better than I thought it would be. I do hope though that this is the last we see of Becky.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This episode was soooo bad. One of the worst episodes ever.

There are parts of the story I can't even think about why they wrote them.
        So Superfan Becky went from writing slash stories to kidnapping and drugging people? That's not a very nice thing you do to a character which was supposed to represent fandom a little.

And since when does Dean need a sidekick - especially when the guy is maybe a good hunter but does nothing to help the cause. That said: I liked Garth, he can come back when there's stuff to do for him.

The yearly trip to Vegas? Why did we never hear from that before?

Sam already has Lucifer to deal with (but that guy must have been asleep the whole time, looks like Sam isn't distracted by him at all any more) but still, we have a guy with brain issues, and he is the one who gets roofied and a waffle iron. Niiice. Not.

Crossroads demons don't need crossroads any more?

I mean, I can accept, that some of this was meant to be funny and some parts of the story were funny, but I can't even start to think this through because then my feelings about this episode would evolve from a "meh" to something worse.

Really, Supernatural, you can a lot do better!

Plus side:

“This isn’t Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.” – Crowley
        Last edited by iolanda; 13 November 2011, 07:41 AM.
        The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Funny episode. This was way better than I thought it would be. I do hope though that this is the last we see of Becky.
          I agree. Sometimes it is nice to get away from all the angst and deep issues and just laugh. Although I am still uncertain where exactly this season is headed.....where is the Impala? Where is Lucifer? Where is Castiel.....the leviathons......etc......

I do have to say if I was Becky...
          Spoiler:
          I would not have waited to 'consumate' the relationship!

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
          There are parts of the story I can't even think about they wrote them.

I mean, I can accept, that some of this was meant to be funny and some parts of the story were funny, but I can't even start to think this through because then my feelings about this episodes world evolve from a "meh" to something worse.
          I too am having issues with season seven. The only way I can deal with it is to just take each episode on its own. Maybe at the end I can look at it as a whole, but for right now all I try to do is enjoy the good bits of each one.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
            I too am having issues with season seven. The only way I can deal with it is to just take each episode on its own. Maybe at the end I can look at it as a whole, but for right now all I try to do is enjoy the good bits of each one.
            Oh, I don't hope that I gave the impression that I have issues with this whole season, on the contrary, I like it a lot better than I expected. The only thing I did not like was the thing with Amy, because it constructed a thing between the brothers which I think was unnecessary, but well, they went that way and I accept it. This episode is the first where I think that the writers screwed up.

(I just see that it might be helpful to remove my typos from the former post)
            The cake is a lie!

Comment

I really enjoyed it. Very funny...I laughed out loud a lot.

Great to see the comedic stuff from Jared and Jensen. They really do it so well.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Same here about Becky. Although there were a couple of moments I felt for her I was hoping that she would take the deal and then Dean would have to gank her, then we won't be seeing her again! Ever. She went too far...even for a Sam!girl... letting her personal issues cloud her judgement big time. She did the decent thing in the end...but she's now got on my nerves.

Loved the title card sequence.

Loads of other stuff as well. I'll be back.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                I agree. Sometimes it is nice to get away from all the angst and deep issues and just laugh. Although I am still uncertain where exactly this season is headed.....where is the Impala? Where is Lucifer? Where is Castiel.....the leviathons......etc......

Well, the Impala aka Baby is still grounded due to the 'killing spree' incident, I think; Sam's so far been able suppress Lucifer from popping up regularly; Castiel, as far as we know, is "dead". But I'm hopeful that we'll see him again before long; as for the Leviathans, well they're still scheming, that's for sure.

As far as the direction this season is taking, the past couple of eps seem like they're taking the show back to its roots, that is, the monster-of-the-week of the early seasons, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as I quite enjoyed them. However, I do get the feeling that they're starting to run out of "good" bad guys ever since season 5 and I hope this Leviathan business would lead us somewhere, not like what they did with the Eve arc.
                "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Interesting episode...it was a bit slow to start...but it turned around. I wonder when the Impala will be back?
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping the Leviathans won't become SN's 'Ori'. A pointlessly powerful enemy that ends up being dispatched easily in a very unsatisfactory way.

I'm with Iolanda on the quality side of things with this episode!

It's like they dragged up all the things that made for good stories way back, cross road demons, deals, and other hunters, turning them into ridiculous parodies of themselves! Topped with Becky, oh dear, less said about her in this, the better!

This is the only episode of the whole of SN's run I can safely say I will never watch again! I never imagined that I would actually cringe when watching SN, the only show that had consistently surprised me with its inventive take on well worn themes.

Comment

When Becky showed up under that veil (which was no surprise anymore after having just seen her in the 'Then' part ) I just decided to treat this episode like a 'Changing Channels' skit and have fun with it. After all, as Lizzie said, Jensen and Jared have such great comedic talent that they don't get to show off very often. So although I agree that this was far from a great ep, it had its moments.
                      - The exploding wedding cake as the title sequence
                      - Dean in full-on flirt mode with the girl in the club
                      - Sam going on a wholesome hike during 'Las Vegas Week'
                      - Dean's expressions as he started to figure out what was going on
                      - Becky tweeting compulsively (obviously these tweets were really sent while the episode aired, just as Misha's in The French Mistake)
                      - Dean being 'supportive' by buying them a waffle iron
                      - a really smooth new demon with an unusual agenda (I'm sure that hotel where the reunion took place was on a crossroad, they usually are)
                      - CROWLEY and his wonderful snark
                      - Sam trying to say something nice about Becky at the end - and failing LOL

And yes, there were plenty of inconcistencies, but my usual suspension of disbelief where this show is concerned works double time where the funny/meta episodes are concerned. Therefore I thought using the reunion as the reason that pushed Becky over the edge into going after Sam out of desperation was valid enough. These events can be a real hardship for people. I have friends who will not come to reunions because they're not married yet and don't want to show up alone. So as the demon said, people are in just the right frame of mind for his offers before a reunion.

sigpic
                      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I loved this episode and I'm ok with Becky coming back (in a few seasons)
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I watched this again last night.....and I liked it better on second viewing.

I could not stop laughing at Dean's reaction BECKY!!!!!

I didn't understand why
                          Spoiler:
                          they didn't consummate the marriage either. She let that opportunity slip away!

Tied up!!! Sam.......GUH.

IHS
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                            I watched this again last night.....and I liked it better on second viewing.

I could not stop laughing at Dean's reaction BECKY!!!!!

I didn't understand why
                            Spoiler:
                            they didn't consummate the marriage either. She let that opportunity slip away!

Tied up!!! Sam.......GUH.

IHS
                            I think the reasoning there was that Becky, even in her temporary madness, still believed that for it to be true love she wanted to wait until Sam had his eureka moment and realised that he loved her.

But I also think the writers didn't want Becky to have accusations of rape thrown at her...that would have bveen a step too far.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                              I think the reasoning there was that Becky, even in her temporary madness, still believed that for it to be true love she wanted to wait until Sam had his eureka moment and realised that he loved her.

But I also think the writers didn't want Becky to have accusations of rape thrown at her...that would have bveen a step too far.
                              Sounds like the background story on Voldemort's Mom...although...she did have sex with the muggle that she put under a spell.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X