Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TV Series for Michael Shanks - CTV's "Saving Hope" Picked Up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to tweets from both Benjamin Ayres and Dejan Loyola, it looks like Season 5 of Saving Hope will begin airing on 8th January 2017...

Deeds xx
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

And just announced by Erica Durance herself, after 85 episodes and 5 Seasons, Saving Hope is ending...

https://twitter.com/SavingHopeTV/sta...90283195498497

Thanks for a great cast, show and 5 years of fun at Hope Zee......bet some will be very glad not to have to make that long trek across the country from their home to film

Deeds xx
      sigpic

Comment

Sad news, I've really enjoyed this show. At least there is one more season to look forward to in the new year.

Comment

The wrap party was held last night..so I expect those who live in Vancouver will be on their way home pretty soon....will keep everyone posted on the air date, as it has been known to change....

5 seasons and 85 episodes isn't too shabby for a little show that could

And Michael has had the company of his wonderful daughter Tatiana through much of the past few weeks' filming..she's been gaining some wonderful experience to help further her career path as a film director/maker....

Deeds xx
          sigpic

Comment

According to Saving Hope Official's Twitter today is the Last Day of Filming for Saving Hope...Benjamin Ayres, Michaels good friend and co-star (and rather ace photographer) will be "taking over" the Official Twitter and posting some "behind the scenes" pictures with a bit of luck...

https://twitter.com/SavingHopeTV/sta...63449384116224

We wish them well and thank them for 5 seasons of hard work and dedication to the "little Canadian show that could"

Deeds xx
            sigpic

Comment

And that's a wrap!...

Final filming finished last night...Benjamin Ayres took some great but teasing photos...I'm NOT going to speculate but I have my hopes, fears and ideas

What's next for Michael? Who knows?..but thanks for 5 seasons of stellar work, great acting and bringing yet another Doctor into my life...he's pretty darn good at that eh?....

And this summer has probably been the best time for him filming in Toronto as for many of the weeks he's had his wonderful daughter Tatiana by his side, learning her craft and taking her first tentative steps forward into her chosen career of film-making.....may she learn from the best and be as successful and as dedicated as her father...

To all the Saving Hope Crew - thank you and I can't wait to see what joys - and agonies - you have for us in your final season ...

Deeds xx
              sigpic

Comment

For anyone living in, or close to, Toronto this weekend, the chance to purchase a little bit of Hope Zion....Saving Hope Set Sale....and yes, those hideous Orange Shoes of Charlie's are up for grabs!..a few pairs too...

https://twitter.com/BenjaminAyres/st...35172829548544

Deeds xx
                sigpic

Comment

If you are a Canadian viewer you can catch the ETalk Canada special with the Saving Hope Original Cast Members (minus Daniel Gillies) at Etalk.ca's website....if you are a non-Canadian viewer I hope that it will be uploaded elsewhere like YouTube hopefully sometime, or you can use "another way" of viewing, which I probably can't go into details here

A few "spoilery" bits and an exclusive trailer for Episode 1 of Season 5 which will be coming to CTV in January 2017..

http://www.etalk.ca/Video

Deeds xx
                  sigpic

Comment

Now uploaded to YouTube for your enjoyment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_7WG8SaNA4

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Deeds xx
                    sigpic

Comment

Just a heads up for UK Viewers of Saving Hope...

Sony Channel UK is showing Saving Hope from the beginning starting today....2 or 3 showings a day of 2 episodes per day, starting with the "Pilot" and "Contact" and according to their adverts going right the way through to S.4 ...

Hopefully they will also be able to let us know soon when they might be showing S.5 - although I don't expect this until S.5 has aired in Canada and as of yet we have no firm date for that yet...

http://www.sonychannel.co.uk/programs/saving-hope

Thank you Sony Channel for treating Saving Hope with the respect it deserves - far different to the abysmal coverage Watch Channel gave it a couple of years ago

Deeds xx
                      sigpic

Comment

Season 5 of Saving Hope to air on March 12....details here....

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/fiv...ter-premieres/

New promo pictures (heavy on the photoshop beware ) here ...

http://www.tv-eh.com/2017/01/26/phot...f-saving-hope/

Deeds xx
                        sigpic

Comment

2 days to go...

If you live in Canada (or are able to "pretend" you do ) you can watch a sneaky peek at Season 5 opener after last season's cliffhanger ending at CTV

http://www.ctv.ca/SavingHope/Video/S...eek-vid1072837
                          sigpic

Comment

Saving Hope resumes it's Final S.5 run tonight and for the first time ever, the UK will be ahead of the US and Canada....Sony Channel UK has NOT had a 4-5 week break like CTV and ION have and has been catching up slowly, catching up so much that Episode 10 will air at 9 pm tonight which is a whole 2 days ahead of CTV which starts up again on Thurs and ION which begins again next week...

I promise not to run around spoiling everyone

9 more episodes to go and then that's it for Saving Hope....pretty good for a small Canadian show imho...5 Seasons and 80+ episodes....I've enjoyed the ride anyway....Michael was at Collectormania this weekend and gave us a very graphic, and extremely funny, run down on how he was instructed by a Real Orthopod (Surgeon) on how they perform Hip Replacements (for the S.2 episode Nottingham 7) ...let's just say, I hope I NEVER have to have one as Old Age slinks inexorably closer to me...:O :O

Deeds xx
                            sigpic

Comment

Amazing episode this week directed by Michael himself....and he had a large part in the storyline too so juggling directing a host of actors with 3 different storylines as well as acting in his own is no mean feat...he is a true Actor's Director imho, knows exactly what to do to get the best performances from his co-stars, like the brilliant Wendy Crewson and Michelle Nolden who plays Dawn, Charlie's ex-wife...

Oh and he got to direct a Cat!!...

Proof once again that Michael Shanks is the exception to that old chestnut "never work with children and animals" as he's done this in spades during the 5 seasons of Saving Hope...

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

Amazingly done on both sides of the camera.

Yes, Michael has shown again and again he's wonderful when working with kids. Judging by his tweets the kitty wasn't too cooperative

Comment

Working...
                                X