Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about trying this series out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one. Enjoy the show!
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

It will probably be a while before I can sit down and enjoy it, unfortunately. I am so busy.

But, I will have something to try out over winter break :-)
      sigpic

Comment

Okay, without many spoilers, how long until the space battles begin to happen? Cause space battles are one of the things I kept hearing about when asking about this show...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post

It will probably be a while before I can sit down and enjoy it, unfortunately. I am so busy.

But, I will have something to try out over winter break :-)
          I know what you mean. I've so many shows to watch not even a leap year is enough.

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          Okay, without many spoilers, how long until the space battles begin to happen? Cause space battles are one of the things I kept hearing about when asking about this show...
          The bigger space battles come later in the series, but there are enough good skirmishes early on to keep you going.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Ah okay...That's good.

Today I got an email from Amazon telling me that the the complete series (each individual season)+ the movie collection is now $99.99. Since I just paid for them all individually and paid more (a whopping 4 bucks more) , it's a little annoying .

But whatever...
            sigpic

Comment

Only $4 more? You sure that boxset didn't include Crusade as well, or have you also got that?
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

It isn't a box set. It was the entire series and the movie collection, but they were separate. It was just a bundle, essentially.
                sigpic

Comment

Ah, fair enough.
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Yeah...But if there are any fans out there that don't own the repackaged series (apparently they are much better than the original packaging), I would recommend buying now while they are so cheap.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh son of a...

I just checked to be sure...First, third, and fifth seasons of the repackaged sets are now 8 bucks each on Amazon...Dangit. I bought each for 6-10 bucks more per set.

Oh well I suppose...That's just how it works...
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh and the complete series + the movie collection went back up to 170 bucks...So that good deal is now gone
                        sigpic

Comment

Received the movie collection today. I may watch The Gathering today if I have the time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Just as long as you bear in mind that "The Gathering" is not necessarily an accurate depiction of what follows. Being the pilot, some things were retooled between "The Gathering" and "Midnight on the Firing Line". I actually never saw the pilot until the entire first season had aired.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                              Just as long as you bear in mind that "The Gathering" is not necessarily an accurate depiction of what follows. Being the pilot, some things were retooled between "The Gathering" and "Midnight on the Firing Line". I actually never saw the pilot until the entire first season had aired.
                              I know a couple things were changed...Like a few actors and such. That will be annoying...I hate it when shows do that.
                              sigpic

Comment

I discovered Babylon 5 very recently & I fell in love with this universe! It's just brilliant! All the characters are interesting & the story is full of surprises. I especially love the "diplomatic" aspect, it's original for a SF series to point up that! I bought the complete box set in Amazon UK and I have no regrets because it's really fantastic! I encourage all the SF addicts to discover Babylon 5!

Comment

Working...
                                X