X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Rewatch: SG-1 Season Four Nominations

Nominations, Please!

The Stargate Rewatch moves on to SG-1 Season Four in November! It's really a fantastic year of Stargate, including new friends and new threats both at home and out there in the galaxy. As the Goa'uld jockey for power Apophis conquers, Tanith manipulates, and Osiris rises.

We're ready for you to once again nominate the best of the best episodes and moments from the season! Because of the new characters we're keeping the Best Goa'uld Villain category around, but remember that your nominee must appear in Season Four. This month's new category is Coolest Technology, since this year has everything from Atoniek armbands and Za'tarc detector to the Gadmeer seed ship, the "Light" emitter, and a good ol' fashioned pain stick. Again, make sure your pick appears in an episode this season.

We'll take nominations in this thread for the first half of the month, and then unveil the award ballot for voting on the GateWorld home page the second half of the month. (We may take nominations a bit longer this month and have a shorter voting period, since I'll be traveling mid-month.) At the end of November, we'll announce the winners!

Season One Award Winners
    Season Two Award Winners
    Season Three Award Winners

The Categories:
    (Remember, keep your noms limited to Season Four only!)
    • Best Episode (Season Four)
    • Best Jack Moment
    • Best Daniel Moment
    • Best Sam Moment
    • Best Teal'c Moment
    • Best Hammond Moment
    • Best Team Moment
    • Best Alien Race
    • Best Goa'uld Villain
    • Coolest Technology
    • Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)

(You can also suggest new categories for next month's Season Five polls.) Remember that the race and the villain that you nominate for "Best Alien Race," "Best Goa'uld Villain" and "Coolest Technology" don't have to be new to the show in Season Four, but they do have to make an appearance in Season Four!

Here's How to Nominate:

There's a poll above for the first category, Best Episode. You may vote for up to THREE episodes. (If you vote for any more, we'll have to disqualify all your votes.) You must use the poll for your "Best Episode" nominations to be counted (don't just post them below). Remember, this is just the nomination stage. The top vote-getters will square off in the official poll starting next week.

For all other categories, just post below. Two rules:

Please specify the episode! ("That one where Teal'c says 'Indeed'" won't be counted.)

One nomination per category per person, please! So think about it, watch some episodes, and come back and post. (If we detect fake "sock" accounts stuffing the nominations box, ALL your noms will be disqualified.)

The final ballot will include those with the most nominations, so don't skip over something because someone else already posted it. Nominate what you think is the best of the best!

Nominations will close on or around Saturday, November 19. Thanks!
    Small Victories
    4.46%
    The Other Side
    5.10%
    Upgrades
    6.37%
    Crossroads
    0.00%
    Divide and Conquer
    6.37%
    Window of Opportunity
    20.38%
    Watergate
    0.64%
    The First Ones
    1.91%
    Scorched Earth
    2.55%
    Beneath the Surface
    7.01%
    Point of No Return
    0.00%
    Tangent
    7.01%
    The Curse
    1.27%
    The Serpent's Venom
    0.64%
    Chain Reaction
    2.55%
    10.19%
    Absolute Power
    7.01%
    The Light
    0.00%
    Prodigy
    1.27%
    Entity
    4.46%
    Double Jeopardy
    3.18%
    Exodus
    7.64%

The poll is expired.

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

This is hard, as I don't really like any of the episodes in this season - probably the only season that claims that feat.

# Best Episode (Season Four)

Tangent

# Best Jack Moment

When he captures Kinsey in Chain Reaction

# Best Daniel Moment

When he is evil Daniel in Absolute Power

# Best Sam Moment

Helping the Asgard in Small Victories

# Best Teal'c Moment

With Shau'nac in Crossroads (an episode I otherwise hates with a passion)

# Best Hammond Moment

Retiring in Chain Reaction (and coming back)

# Best Team Moment

Helping the Tok'ra evacuate in Exodus

# Best Alien Race

The Tok'ra in Exodus

# Best Goa'uld Villain

Osiris in The Curse

# Coolest Technology

Hand device (always!) in The Curse

# Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)

Jr Bourne for doing an amazing and heart-breaking death scene in Divide and Conquer (which I dearly wish had never ever happened)
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Best Episode (Season Four): The Other Side

Best Jack Moment: Closing the iris after warning Alar not to follow.

Best Daniel Moment: Finding a solution to the problem in Scorched Earth.

Best Sam Moment: Hugging Thor in Small Victories

Best Teal'c Moment: Checking out the vibrating beds in Point of No Return

Best Hammond Moment: The final conversation with Jack in the death glider in Tangent.

Best Team Moment: Going to O'Malley's for dinner and getting in a fight in Upgrades.

Best Alien Race: The Asgard

Best Goa'uld Villain: Osiris

Coolest Technology

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode): Anna Louise Plowman in The Curse
      Last edited by Kliggins; 02 November 2011, 04:56 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Best Episode (Season Four)
        • Best Jack Moment - Jack starts going crazy caught in the time loop in Window of Opportunity.
        • Best Daniel Moment - Making friends with Chaka in The First Ones.
        • Best Sam Moment - Hugging Thor in Small Victories.
        • Best Teal'c Moment
        • Best Hammond Moment
        • Best Team Moment
        • Best Alien Race - The Asgard.
        • Best Goa'uld Villain
        • Coolest Technology
        • Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)

Will edit to add more later.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Hello!

Note: For some reason I am unable to vote in the Best Episode poll, so I'm listing my
          favorites in my post (at top of poll it explicitly says I cannot vote on this poll ...)

Here are my nominations for season 4 (as best I remember):

Best Episode (Season Four)
          2010: epic story of SG-1's sacrifice to stop the Aschen's sinister plans to wipe Earth's population
          The Curse: Daniel's romance with an old colleague, and the idea that an ancient Egyptian artifact contains a Goa'uld symbiote; The chill effect of Osiris consuming Sarah as a host;
          The First Ones: Daniel's capture and eventual friendship and understanding with the Unas Chaka; esp the scene where Daniel flees into Goa'uld symbiote infested waters; the snake-like parasite still sends chills up my spine

Best Jack Moment
          2010: Jack delivering note, to avoid Aschen planet, as final act

Best Daniel Moment
          Absolute Power: Daniel consumed by Goa'uld personality, betrays Jack & turns satellite weapons on Earth

Best Sam Moment
          Small Victories: Helping Thor & Asgard homeworld by stopping Replicators; Sam's friendship with Thor

Best Teal'c Moment
          Window of Opportunity: Taking advantage of timeloop to play practical jokes

Best Hammond Moment
          Chain Reaction: Hammond returning to command at SGC

Best Team Moment
          2010: Sacrificing themselves to get Jack's note thru Stargate

Best Alien Race
          2010: The Aschen not due to charisma, but their chilling tactic to wipe Earth's population

Best Goa'uld Villain
          Exodus: Apophis as he brings his fleet to destroy the Tok'ra

Coolest Technology
          Exodus: Apophis' flag ship

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
          The First Onesion Johnstone as Chaka

Comment

Best Episode- Window of Opportunity
            Best Jack Moment- Jack fighting his robot clone (verbally and physically) (Double Jeapordy)
            Best Sam Moment- Being nervous when she's about to blow up a sun to stop Apophis. (Exodus)
            Best Daniel Moment- his whole entire nerd beat up jock at the bar moment in (Uprgades)
            Best Teal'c Moment- Him being scared about jumping out of a plane with SG-1 and telling Jack it is "Unwise" (Watergate).
            Best Hammond Moment- his reaction to Jack's resgination and kissing Carter in (Window of Opportunity)
            Best Team Moment- when they team of with their robot clones and take down Cronus. (Double Jeapordy)
            Best Alien Race- Tok'Ra
            Best Goa'uld Villian- Lord Apophis (Apophis)
            Coolest technology- the time traveling ancient device in (Window of Opportunity)
            Best Guest star- Vanessa Angel as Freya/Anise in (Divide and Conquer)

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
              This is hard, as I don't really like any of the episodes in this season - probably the only season that claims that feat.
              Really? I'd have a much harder time choosing a favorite in season 4 as compared to the first 3 seasons as i believe there are that many more episodes that are consistently good. It's likely one of my favorite seasons on the whole...

Comment

Best Episode - Window of Opportunity
                Best Jack Moment - Playing golf through the Stargate - Window of Opportunity
                Best Sam Moment - Blowing up the sun! - Exodus
                Best Daniel Moment - Saying he was the "great & powerful Oz" in Goa'uld to Her'ur - Tangent
                Best Teal'c Moment - Playing golf through the Stargate - Window of Opportunity
                Best Hammond Moment - Confronting Anise about her deception of the true purpose of the armband experiment on SG1 - Upgrades
                Best Team Moment - Sacrificing themselves to get Jack's note thru Stargate - 2010
                Best Alien Race - Unas
                Best Goa'uld Villian - Apophis
                Coolest technology - The time loop device - Window of Opportunity
                Best Guest Star - JR Bourne - Divide & Conquer

Well that was damn hard. Too many great episodes this season and so many fave moments for all characters. Hardest decisons yet. I reckon it's probably the best season thus far.
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

•Best Episode (Season Four)
                  Upgrades
                  •Best Jack Moment
                  Retiring and kissing Sam in control room in Window of Oppurtunity
                  •Best Daniel Moment
                  Becoming crazy Daniel in Absolute Power
                  •Best Sam Moment
                  Kicking the replicator's asses in Small Victories
                  •Best Teal'c Moment
                  As Murray in Point of No Return
                  •Best Hammond Moment
                  "Colonel O'Neill, what the HELL are you doing?!" in Window of Oppurtunity
                  •Best Team Moment
                  Working together, and not leaving each other behind, while destroying the new mother ship in Upgrades
                  •Best Alien Race
                  The Computer Entity
                  •Best Goa'uld Villain
                  Tanith
                  •Coolest Technology
                  The transporter platforms in 2010
                  •Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
                  Willie Garson as Martin Lloyd in Point of No Return
                  sigpic

I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, green and strong! He made me love him without looking at me. - Jane Eyre

Comment

Best Episode (Season Four): window of opportunity (which it seems most agree)
                    Best Jack Moment: jack explaining to teal'c how hes going wacko! in window of opportunity.
                    Best Daniel Moment: "daniel saying he is the great and powerful oz" from tangent
                    Best Sam Moment: sam realizing she can help the asgard
                    Best Teal'c Moment: teal'c flying over the air-force on the x-301 in tangent
                    Best Hammond Moment: hammond not being able to tell jack why he is stepping down in chain reaction.
                    Best Team Moment: the team in the bar in upgrades
                    Best Alien Race:unas
                    Best Goa'uld Villain:
                    Coolest Technology: time traveling device
                    Best Guest Star: martin or willie garson
                    sigpic

Comment

Season 4
                      Best Episode: Window of Opportunity
                      Best Jack Moment: Coming to the aid of the team when the world needs them the most. (2010).
                      Best Daniel Moment: Daniel’s former flame gets taken over by the Goa’uld Osiris. (The Curse).
                      Best Sam Moment: Sam takes a young genius off world where a crisis develops. (Prodigy).
                      Best Teal’c Moment: Teal’c goes after the rest of the team when they go on a super powered mission. (Upgrades).
                      Best Hammond Moment: Hammond is forced to step down as head of the SGC. (Chain Reaction).
                      Best Team Moment: In an effort to help evacuate the Tok’ra the team blow up a sun. (Exodus).
                      Best Alien Race: Harlan’s Androids. (Double Jeopardy).
                      Best Goa’uld Villain: Cronus. (Double Jeopardy).
                      Coolest Technology: Super armbands. (Upgrades).
                      Best Guest Star: Willie Garson as Martin. (Point of No Return).

Comment

Best episode: Upgrades
                        Best Jack moment: going wacko in Window of Opportunity
                        Best Daniel moment: saving two races in Scorched Earth
                        Best Sam moment: taking a young cadet under her wing in Prodigy
                        Best Teal'c moment: refusing to break under torture in The Serpent's Venom
                        Best Hammond moment: telling Jack to "get the hell out of my office" in Upgrades
                        Best Team moment: destroying the advanced mothership in Upgrades
                        Best Alien Race: the Aschen in 2010
                        Best Goa'uld villian: Tanith in Crossroads and Exodus
                        Coolest technology: the alien ship in Scorched Earth
                        Best guest star: Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter in Tangent

Comment

Best Episode (Season Four): Hmm...Tangent?
                          Best Jack Moment: with Teal'c in the modded deathglider in Tangent
                          Best Daniel Moment: going evil in Absolute Power
                          Best Sam Moment: in Prodigy, helping that young cadet
                          Best Teal'c Moment: reacting to Tanith in Crossroads (and in Exodus)
                          Best Hammond Moment: not sure he had any good moments this season
                          Best Team Moment: helping the Tok'ra in Exodus
                          Best Alien Race: the Tok'ra in Exodus
                          Best Goa'uld Villain: Tanith being slimy in Crossroads (and Exodus)
                          Coolest Technology: zatarc detection thingie in Absolute Power
                          Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode): Jr Bourne as Martouf/Lantash telling Sam he has feelings for her. He looks adorable. Divide and Conquer
                          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Oh Boy, hard to choose with this season, so much great stuff going on in this one!

Best Episode (Season Four)
                            Window of Opportunity

Best Jack Moment
                            “Wacko!” (Window of Opportunity)

Best Daniel Moment
                            Trying to avoid eating cooked symbiote head with the Unas. (The First Ones)

Best Sam Moment
                            Helping Thor to save the Asgard with a ‘dumb idea’. (Small Victories)

Best Teal’c Moment
                            His moment of satisfaction with pushing the door back into the face of the airman on learning there would be no consequences for that action after being hit in the face by the door for countless loops previously. (Window of Opportunity)

Best Hammond Moment
                            Looking out the window at his grandchildren playing and telling Jack the real reason why he had to step down as commander of the SGC. (Chain Reaction)

Best Team Moment
                            When SG-1 made the ultimate sacrifice to get the warning note back through time to prevent the de-population of Earth at the hands of the Aschen. (2010)

Best Alien Race
                            The cold, devious Aschen. (2010)

Best Goa’uld villain
                            Tanith

Coolest Technology
                            The Ancient Time Machine (Window of Opportunity)

Best Guest Star
                            Willie Garson – ‘Marty’ (Point of No Return)
                            Last edited by Krisz; 03 November 2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Best Episode: Window Of Opportunity
                              Best Jack Moment: The golf, the retirement kiss, the wacko plate...really all of Window Of Opportunity
                              Best Daniel Moment: Being the bad guy - Absolute Power
                              Best Sam Moment: Blowing up the sun - Exodus
                              Best Teal'c Moment: Killing Cronus with a little help from a clone - Double Jeopardy
                              Best Hammond Moment: Retirement speech - Chain Reaction
                              Best Team Moment: Doing a little 'dining and destroying' at a bar - Upgrades
                              Best Alien Race: Primitive Unas - The First Ones
                              Best Goa'uld Villain: Tanith - Crossroads
                              Coolest Technology: Canopic jars that double as jails for symbiotes - The Curse
                              Best Guest Star: Elisabeth Rosen - Prodigy

My favourite season by far, not sure that SG-1/Atlantis/Universe has ever been stronger creatively than in these 22 episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X