Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy Wraith Discussion/Speculation Thread ~ SPOILERS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legacy Wraith Discussion/Speculation Thread ~ SPOILERS!

This does exactly what it says on the tin.

Much of what will be discussed here is directly related to the development of the Wraith as seen by Jo Graham and Melissa Scott in the new Legacy books. It is an open forum, and all ideas are encouraged, but if something is spoilery, do the decent thing and wrap it, please.

So apart from that small piece of housekeeping, have at it folks.
    sigpic

I'll bite! So what do people think of the development of Todd?
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I still trip over 'Guide' but on the whole I think he is in character. I love that he's still a tricksy git, and has more up his sleeves than stun sticks and attitude leavened with sarcasm.

Can't wait till the new book comes out.
      sigpic

Comment

Agree about 'Guide' - the name put me off at first but I got over it. I like to see glimpses of his past.

Comment

I don't mind the name Guide. It's not what I would have chosen, but the more I see of him in Legacy, the more I see how it fits him. I think I mostly get confused because I have a friend whose nickname is Guide.

I do love what they're doing with him in Legacy, though. I like that he's still the same clever, cunning Wraith we know and love, and that even as we learn more, he still has a few secrets to surprise with. I mean, he's over ten thousand years. There's going to be a lot of history there.
          Some centuries, it just doesn't pay to get out of hibernation...

Fanfiction * Into the Hive - A Wraith-centric ficlet collection * Hive Ebonstar - A collection of Wraith headcanons and character references

Comment

I'm with you Shady. I want to know more about his Queen, and just how he came to be her Consort, as well as what it was like for him in a Genii prison. For me, if he hadn't had any real exposure to humans before his incarceration, he could... should have come out of the experience much more twisted, and full of hate. Is it purely the exposure to Shep that changed him, or has he had some kindness visited on him during that time?

On that note, I suppose one of us could take up that particular gauntlet, and write a one shot about him in nick?

But... I want to talk about the Bride? Who is she? A wraith Queen with an interest in medical procedures? I know who that sounds like.

Guide as a young Wraith during the Atlantean Wars would be interesting to find out about, too.
            sigpic

Comment

Izzy - stop putting in your orders for fanfic. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                I'm with you Shady. I want to know more about his Queen, and just how he came to be her Consort, as well as what it was like for him in a Genii prison. For me, if he hadn't had any real exposure to humans before his incarceration, he could... should have come out of the experience much more twisted, and full of hate. Is it purely the exposure to Shep that changed him, or has he had some kindness visited on him during that time?

On that note, I suppose one of us could take up that particular gauntlet, and write a one shot about him in nick?

But... I want to talk about the Bride? Who is she? A wraith Queen with an interest in medical procedures? I know who that sounds like.

Guide as a young Wraith during the Atlantean Wars would be interesting to find out about, too.
                You should totally write the story about him in prison! I don't think I've ever read one, and that's such a fascinating topic. The first time I watched Common Ground I was blown away and I had no idea Todd would become an important character, but I wanted to know how he got there and what his story was.

Re: the Bride -- I think Ciannwn had some really fascinating ideas that bear on that!
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                  You should totally write the story about him in prison!
                  She should do that, Artie, totally - but not until December! She's um... tied up until then.

Comment

Originally posted by CedrusTuri View Post
                    Izzy - stop putting in your orders for fanfic. LOL
                    Pish... *sticks tongue out at CT and wags finger at Artie* If someone hadn't suggested NaNo to me, I might have been able to write a piece for Toddy in prison.

There is a fic called Kolya's Knife that explores some of that (LJ). It's slash, and pretty good slash too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Pish... *sticks tongue out at CT and wags finger at Artie* If someone hadn't suggested NaNo to me, I might have been able to write a piece for Toddy in prison.
                      WHO suggested it to WHOM????! *ahem* Anyway - there's always the rest of today - you can do it!

Comment

I think I've watched Common Ground more than any other episode of any series ever. I seriously love that episode to a ridiculous extent. Any fic related to the episode makes me a very happy Wraith fan. Even if they do tend to make Todd miserable. Isolation can't be good for a member of a telepathic species.

Just another reason to love Todd. He has so much history for a fanfic writer to play with.

I do want to know more about the Bride myself. (Partially so that I can stop imagining a Wraith Queen version of Miss Havisham English lit. still torments me! ) It sounds very fascinating.
                        Some centuries, it just doesn't pay to get out of hibernation...

Fanfiction * Into the Hive - A Wraith-centric ficlet collection * Hive Ebonstar - A collection of Wraith headcanons and character references

Comment

Originally posted by Shaded Mazoku View Post
                          I think I've watched Common Ground more than any other episode of any series ever. I seriously love that episode to a ridiculous extent. Any fic related to the episode makes me a very happy Wraith fan. Even if they do tend to make Todd miserable. Isolation can't be good for a member of a telepathic species.

Just another reason to love Todd. He has so much history for a fanfic writer to play with.

I do want to know more about the Bride myself. (Partially so that I can stop imagining a Wraith Queen version of Miss Havisham English lit. still torments me! ) It sounds very fascinating.
                          Oh gods... LOL Sitting surrounded by her ruined wedding feast or a few hundred human corpses and skeletons. Wow, now there's a visual.

CG is a seminal epi, and I love it, if only for the shackle breakage. Damn I could watch that scene quite a lot (and have ).
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shaded Mazoku View Post

The first time I saw Common Ground I thought of The Count of Monte Cristo, one of my favorite books, only it's not Sheppard in the Edmond Dantes role, it's Todd. He'd obviously been there for a long time, but revenge could still motivate him.

Ciannwn and I were having this really interesting discussion a couple of weeks ago about Wraith queens as Persephone Descended, the Queen of the Underworld, and her Celtic correspondences. But isn't there a flip side always inherent in Persephone Descended? There's the Kore, the maiden abducted. The Bride of Death.
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Oh gods... LOL Sitting surrounded by her ruined wedding feast or a few hundred human corpses and skeletons. Wow, now there's a visual.
                              Wow. That is...majorly creepy!
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                              X