Feeding Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeding Question?

Ok so I was re-watching this episode yesterday and I'm a bit confused, when the wraith was feeding on Teal'c for a second, did he take off any years? I know it was only for a few seconds but I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this.
    Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Maybe it was brief enough that he took weeks, or months, it's also possible his tretonin blocked the wraith's feeding enzyme.

Comment

He didn't appear to be fazed by it...If anything was taken it was negligible.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, and in any case Jaffa live much longer than humans do. Even without the tretonin it's possible that Wraith can't feed as easily or as much on Jaffa as they can on humans. We have only the one example to go by, though, so it's hard to say for sure.
        sigpic

Comment

does anyone know if it's possible for wraith to feed on livestock or any other creature? i mean humans have a long lifespan but so do turtles
          sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
            does anyone know if it's possible for wraith to feed on livestock or any other creature? i mean humans have a long lifespan but so do turtles
            In one of the books, a human wraith person can feed on animals
            Spoiler:
            she feeds on a cow and heals Sheppard
            but those aren't "canon."

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              He didn't appear to be fazed by it...If anything was taken it was negligible.
              He was visibly "fazed by it' no no appearnt wearing of his age showed. The Drone only had him a few seconds befor Ronan put that pipe thru its chest. Could that have pulled a "ford" with Teal'c?

And isn't Big T already over a hundred years old at this point?
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                He was visibly "fazed by it' no no appearnt wearing of his age showed. The Drone only had him a few seconds befor Ronan put that pipe thru its chest. Could that have pulled a "ford" with Teal'c?

And isn't Big T already over a hundred years old at this point?
                He was like 50 I think in SG-1, then in "Unending" he lived a lifetime, so about 150 give or take I think.

Comment

I think he was almost one hundred years old when he started at SG-1 cause he is now in like the 160's...
                  sigpic

Comment

I would thnk around a hundred or so. Cause wasn't Bratak said to be a hundred and thirty or so?
                    I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
                      It's been said multiple times that they can only feed on humans. Ellia probably tried on animals before mimicking the other wraith.
                      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

thanks for clearning up the question guys And yeah, it seemed like it hurt him a bit, but I'm assuming, like you said, that it just doesn't work on him. It would have been nice to see another episode covering that
                        Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Yeah it would have been nice to see more episods...period.
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
                            Ok so I was re-watching this episode yesterday and I'm a bit confused, when the wraith was feeding on Teal'c for a second, did he take off any years? I know it was only for a few seconds but I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this.
                            It's been stated in numerous episodes that Wraith feeding doesn't age you. It literally sucks the life out of you, giving a visible impression of rapid aging. If the Wraith feeds on you only briefly, you make a full recovery. The Wraith didn't get a chance to do any substantial life force sucking from Teal'c, so he should be fine aside from the nasty wound on his chest.

Comment

Regardless of his shocked look, I don't think Wraith could feed on a Jaffa (with symbiote or when on the symbiote juice!) I think that is flawed. Jaffa are not human in a strict definition.

Does anyone think a wraith could feed on a Gol'aud?

Comment

Working...
                              X