• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty Much Dead Already (207)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON TWO
    PRETTY MUCH DEAD ALREADY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 207
    Glenn lets the rest of his friends know the secret of the barn, and Rick pressures Hershel to allow his people to stay on the farm. Shane considers his own strategy to secure the group's future.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 09 February 2012, 02:05 PM.

I wept at tonights episode.
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Just happy that the ****ty story line is over & it was a ****ty episode aside from the last five minutes. Great ending to a ****ty story line

Comment

Who would have known that she was in the barn with the other walkers.
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
          Just happy that the ****ty story line is over & it was a ****ty episode aside from the last five minutes. Great ending to a ****ty story line
          100% agree. Now that the perfectly rubbish Sophia storyline is over, a storyline that was only drawn out so they had an excuse for a mid season cliffhanger things can get back to a decent pace.

I just hope when it comes back in 2012 that the second half of season 2 is of a better calibre than the first.

Shane is a nasty piece of work but next to Daryl, he's one of the most sane people there in a twisted kind of way.

Comment

You think it was a bad story line? I think it was one of the best. Example, the Herd, caused she to run and get lost, got every one on his heels. One of the best scenes this year, possible the entire series, don't know if it beats the Atlanta Herd scene though. The dissecation of the zombie, searching for traces of Sophia in his stomach, briliant. The hanged zombie, lol. The Whell, gross. Daryl getting lost got an arrow stuck in his belly and a zombie almost eats his boots, lucky dog that guy is tough. The barn shootout. And when they found her, one of the saddest moment ever. It all happened while searching for Sophia and you still say it was a **** story line?
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

I can see why the Sophia story line may have dragged for some people. It was used as a plot tool to keep them at the farm for an extended period of time. However I think the conclusion of last night's episode more than made up for it. It was absolutely epic (sad, shocking and amazing all at the same time).

I'm curious though, does this mean Hershel and his crew knew Sophia was in the barn the whole time?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                You think it was a bad story line? I think it was one of the best. Example, the Herd, caused she to run and get lost, got every one on his heels. One of the best scenes this year, possible the entire series, don't know if it beats the Atlanta Herd scene though. The dissecation of the zombie, searching for traces of Sophia in his stomach, briliant. The hanged zombie, lol. The Whell, gross. Daryl getting lost got an arrow stuck in his belly and a zombie almost eats his boots, lucky dog that guy is tough. The barn shootout. And when they found her, one of the saddest moment ever. It all happened while searching for Sophia and you still say it was a **** story line?
                I do think it's was a ***** storyline tbh.

Yes i liked the highway scene, it was tense, Yes i liked the climax at the barn, yes i Liked Shane going to the dark side. Unfortunately 99% of the content in between these moments was as boring as watching paint dry if not more so.

If Sophia's storyline had been wrapped up in say three episodes, four max i would have enjoyed it far more, but 7 episodes, it's stupid. It's what i like to call 'LOST' syndrome (and we all know how that was stretched out at points).

Magictrick has hit the nail on the head, it was used as a plot device to keep them anchored at the farm, and thereby cutting cost for filming by centering the majority of the drama in the farmhouse or surrounding fields and woods.

I enjoy the drama, it's great, it gets you invested in a show, unfortunately there is a way to do it better than other ways. TWD has sunk so far into slow..plodding soap opera territory that after this climax I'm still wondering if they can pull things together when it returns in 2012.

I like the ingredients for the show but i think that they need to re-evaluate the recipie by condensing the drama and upping the pace and danger abit more.

Just my opinion. Make of it what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Demoniser View Post
                  I enjoy the drama, it's great, it gets you invested in a show, unfortunately there is a way to do it better than other ways. TWD has sunk so far into slow..plodding soap opera territory that after this climax I'm still wondering if they can pull things together when it returns in 2012.

I like the ingredients for the show but i think that they need to re-evaluate the recipie by condensing the drama and upping the pace and danger abit more.

Just my opinion. Make of it what you will.
                  This may have to do with Frank Darabont no longer being involved with the series. Now I think they said that most of the filming for the first half of the season was done while he was still around but I'm not sure. Either way whether it has already happened or it will start in the 2nd half, he is no longer involved in the production so the tone of the series and the way its filmed may change.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thought this ep was excellent even though had spoiled myself on Sophia's fate last week. I was actually hoping they'd get a victory out of it and find her alive, but what a way to end it.

I do think eps this season have drug in places, but I've been happy with the overall story this first half of the season. I liked the farm setting and the issues it brought up...it being a safe haven and did they have a right to stay there, Herschel's view of the walkers. I thought Lori and her baby issues and Andrea in general as I really don't like her to be the biggest drag on the season, not the Sophia stuff as it produced some good stuff, especially for Daryl.

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                    I'm curious though, does this mean Hershel and his crew knew Sophia was in the barn the whole time?
                    Kirkman said last night on the Talking Dead that it was implied that Otis was the only one that knew she was in there (as Hershel said in this ep that rounding up stray walkers was his job) and he was killed before he knew anyone was looking for a little girl. I buy that even though people still went to the barn to feed them, yet they didn't see her. That's a bit of a stretch but possible I suppose.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Wow!! Darhyl's reaction to seeing Sophia dying was sadenning considering the effort he put into finding her in ''The Cheroke Rose''. Perfect mid-season finale and an Emmy-nom worthy performance from the guy that plays Shane. Now I wanna see the aftermath of this like, NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                        Wow!! Darhyl's reaction to seeing Sophia dying was sadenning considering the effort he put into finding her in ''The Cheroke Rose''. Perfect mid-season finale and an Emmy-nom worthy performance from the guy that plays Shane. Now I wanna see the aftermath of this like, NOW!
                        John Bernthal. He sure can make a crazy man's face. I think that the view of Sophia after making such a fuss about keeping the walkers in the barn, how they where dangerous no more humans. I think that it drove Shane a bit more to the breaking edge.
                        sigpic

Comment

John Bernthal. He sure can make a crazy man's face. I think that the view of Sophia after making such a fuss about keeping the walkers in the barn, how they where dangerous no more humans. I think that it drove Shane a bit more to the breaking edge.
                          In those moments when she was walking out of the barn I kept wondering who was gonna do it and pull the trigger. I think having Rick step up to do it made sense though.
                          sigpic

Comment

His reaction to me seemed like he was starting to question his own views on the Walkers.

Comment

I feel for Hersal and his family of Zombies in the barn. It is horrible. But with Ricks group re acting to seeing Sophia..a little girl that they care about, hearing her mom screaming her name, then watching Rick put a bullet in her head, I think will show Hersal that you have to think AND remember that everyone is a six degree of seperation in this Sh*tty time.

Ricks group saw that beautiful little girl that they have been going crazy looking for and They KNEW that her being a zombie was a possibilty, but seeing her stumble out broke their hearts. Still they put her out of her zombification and let her reat in piece.
                              Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Working...
                              X