This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the show worth seeing?

Let me start off by saying that I really don't watch much TV these days beyond the news and DVD's. I still haven't seen the third season of Sanctuary nor Stargate: Universe beyond the "Air" trilogy. I'm thinking about checking out Terra Nova when I start catching up with Sanctuary, but the premise nor characters really grabs me. I love plot-driven shows, and I get bored quickly with character-driven stories. When the episode focuses more on relationships than plot, I tune out. Is Terra Nova plot-driven? It seems most shows these days are all about what the characters do between interesting plot points with only maybe fifteen or so minutes of the episode focusing on the actual plot.

The bottom line is... sell me on the show, because I'm on the fence.

Thanks to whoever replies.

Its probably a little of both I would say with more on plot but not a whole lot more
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

It's....alright. It's a great concept, and terrific budget, but not necessarily the greatest execution.

I'm a little bit of a fence-sitter on this one; I wouldn't recommend it, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from watching it either.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

ultimately you should try it yourself. and unlike SGU, the pilot kind of shows what the rest is gonna be about. pieces of plot with plenty of character. action is fast-paced, non-action not.

Comment

It is ok. It has its moments. I am watching it more for the potential than what is current been show.
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

Im loving it...so much so that i bought a domain and started a wiki about the show...people seem to base the entire show on the first few episodes but there are many shows that had slow startings.

Most things that start out need a little fine tuning, if you can make a show that is excellent from the get-go then you must in fact be some sort of wizard....

Kind of like watching 15 minutes of a movie and assuming that the entire movie will suck. Watch the whole thing THEN critique it....

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              Im loving it...so much so that i bought a domain and started a wiki about the show...people seem to base the entire show on the first few episodes but there are many shows that had slow startings.

Most things that start out need a little fine tuning, if you can make a show that is excellent from the get-go then you must in fact be some sort of wizard....

Kind of like watching 15 minutes of a movie and assuming that the entire movie will suck. Watch the whole thing THEN critique it....

I'm enjoying it was well...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                Me too. And i'll recommend it to you snowman37.
                sigpic
                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

I'm still on the fence in regards to the show.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    I'm still on the fence in regards to the show.
                    *pushes Linda off the fence to the like "like it side"*
                    sigpic

Comment

If the premise doesn't grab you, then I wouldn't really recommend it, because for me that's pretty much the only thing the show has going for it at the moment. The plots are basically just recycled Stargate/Star Trek stuff but done badly, intermingled with teen angst and about as many clichés as you could fit in an hour of telly. If it weren't for the massive potential of the premise, I'd probably have given up on it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        Same here. My wife and I are enjoying Terra Nova very much thus far.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'd say it's worth a shot for a while but I can see why people might not like it either.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I'm definitely becoming excited about this show. Especially with the episode "Vs."

The flashback with Taylor and his son really answered some questions, and left a feeling of a coming fight in the future.

Comment

I like the show so far. I'm not ecstatic but it doesn't bore me. I'd say give the show a chance. A decent chance that is, not just watching one or two episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X